New Kovy Update ("As the Kovy Turns")

DevsFan7545

• Replies 12.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Sorry I have to fix your post again :P

Fixed.

Agreed again! haha Acceptable fix! I started t-ball when I was 4 and went all the way up to playing college baseball at Albright College. Since then, I haven't watched one full Sox game. I don't care about baseball anymore. It's sooooooo boring.

I'm still concerned that we'll be stuck languishing in mediocrity if we sign Kovalchuk. Look at all the big time players and you'll see that although they accumulated a lot of points they didn't change the dynamic of the team until they were given a good supporting cast. Crosby, Ovechkin, Nash still. It all took a lot of moving pieces until their respective teams were successful. If we sign Kovalchuk then our core players leave or retire will we have a defensive core made of guys like Klee, Vishnevski and Rachunek?

Agreed again! haha Acceptable fix! I started t-ball when I was 4 and went all the way up to playing college baseball at Albright College. Since then, I haven't watched one full Sox game. I don't care about baseball anymore. It's sooooooo boring.

Well done. You stopped just before you had to use the wooden bats.

I'm still concerned that we'll be stuck languishing in mediocrity if we sign Kovalchuk. Look at all the big time players and you'll see that although they accumulated a lot of points they didn't change the dynamic of the team until they were given a good supporting cast. Crosby, Ovechkin, Nash still. It all took a lot of moving pieces until their respective teams were successful. If we sign Kovalchuk then our core players leave or retire will we have a defensive core made of guys like Klee, Vishnevski and Rachunek?

What came first: The good supporting cast or the big-time player?

Well done. You stopped just before you had to use the wooden bats.

What came first: The good supporting cast or the big-time player?

Nah I traveled all over the country and into Canada in wood bat leagues during the summer when I was on break from school.

Miami is bad, like another country, no laws on the road.. I miss Home

Don't be so harsh!

The main problem is....cell phones and old people!!!

Every time you see a dumbfvck on the road...they're either on the phone (specially COPS.. or very wrinkled).

There's a reason Miami is #1 in road rage

Also, Miami IS another country...hellooo....

Edited by cubanjd305

Miami is bad, like another country, no laws on the road.. I miss Home

:lol: it doesn't help that 95 has like 20 lanes each way. I hate driving in South Florida. Only place I've ever seen someone driving with a macaw on their shoulder.

Don't be so harsh!

The main problem is....cell phones and old people!!!

Every time you see a dumbfvck on the road...they're either on the phone (specially COPS.. or very wrinkled).

There's a reason Miami is #1 in road rage

Also, Miami IS another country...hellooo....

You are rght about the cell phones, omg so many who do these people call?

and at the bad choice of words Dade county and Broward County are Lawless and Drivers either have no license or ins. or both it is sick.. sorry bad choice of words

:lol: it doesn't help that 95 has like 20 lanes each way. I hate driving in South Florida. Only place I've ever seen someone driving with a macaw on their shoulder.

Au contrare...oh wait....it has 20 lanes in Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach.......in Miami it onle has 3-4 and two "express" lanes

Nah I traveled all over the country and into Canada in wood bat leagues during the summer when I was on break from school.

Ooo my bad, my bad. Sounds like someone was a serious baseball player and then had a serious falling out with the sport? :noclue:

Ooo my bad, my bad. Sounds like someone was a serious baseball player and then had a serious falling out with the sport? :noclue:

I was at the point where in college I was having to do homework in trains, buses, vans, planes, you name it. It got real hard and my grades were slipping. I was playing NCAA D3 ball so it wasn't like the schools catered to the athletes.

I had to make a choice. I figured I wasn't going to end up in the majors... and my last at bat as a baseball player I hit a 3 run home run to win the game against Ursinus College in the last game of the year. I didn't come back the next year to concentrate on school.

Au contrare...oh wait....it has 20 lanes in Ft. Lauderdale, West Palm Beach.......in Miami it onle has 3-4 and two "express" lanes

But they drive like their still on 20 lanes I have never seen more people ride the shoulder at 60-80mph, Maybe Kovy does not like NJ highways (Wifeepooh got too many tickets in Jersey for being on the phone)

You are rght about the cell phones, omg so many who do these people call?

and at the bad choice of words Dade county and Broward County are Lawless and Drivers either have no license or ins. or both it is sick.. sorry bad choice of words

So I was defending my people....now I have to speak the truth (which ain't positive). Obviously in Miami the great majority of people are either immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants. The first, come from countries where is not common to possess cars, so the vast majority have never driven....then they get dropped on I-95, I-75, 836, 826........you get me....same goes for cellphones, specially with Cubans. The second part, the sons and daughters are those of people who came in the 80s....either the criminals and mentally ill Castro got rid of, or have some link to Colombian drug....either way, not the best people to teach their kids some respect for others.

But I'm back to my original problems. Florida enacted a law against the use of cells like 2 years ago.....and fvcking cops go around talking on the damn phone....and how are fvcking 90 year olds allowed to drive around!!!

I was at the point where in college I was having to do homework in trains, buses, vans, planes, you name it. It got real hard and my grades were slipping. I was playing NCAA D3 ball so it wasn't like the schools catered to the athletes.

I had to make a choice. I figured I wasn't going to end up in the majors... and my last at bat as a baseball player I hit a 3 run home run to win the game against Ursinus College in the last game of the year. I didn't come back the next year to concentrate on school.

A three run walk off shot and questionable to go to the majors...Kudos to you, that's where steroids begin for most ball players.

So I was defending my people....now I have to speak the truth (which ain't positive). Obviously in Miami the great majority of people are either immigrants or sons and daughters of immigrants. The first, come from countries where is not common to possess cars, so the vast majority have never driven....then they get dropped on I-95, I-75, 836, 826........you get me....same goes for cellphones, specially with Cubans. The second part, the sons and daughters are those of people who came in the 80s....either the criminals and mentally ill Castro got rid of, or have some link to Colombian drug....either way, not the best people to teach their kids some respect for others.

But I'm back to my original problems. Florida enacted a law against the use of cells like 2 years ago.....and fvcking cops go around talking on the damn phone....and how are fvcking 90 year olds allowed to drive around!!!

I seriously want to run for office just so I can enact an ordinance where you have to retake a driving test when you turn 60, 65, 70 and so on. Seriously it's not even to be funny old people are dangerous on the roads.

And I can't tell you how many times I'm talking on the phone and driving and I say HOLD ON! and put the phone down to drive past a cop and the cop is on the phone at the same time. It's stupid.

A three run walk off shot and questionable to go to the majors...Kudos to you, that's where steroids begin for most ball players.

It was sickening. Our 2nd baseman and right fielder were roided up in college. And when we played TCNJ, there was no doubt over half of that team was on SOMETHING. With the amount of money and drugs and foreigners in baseball today, it has become impossible for competitive college ball players to shoot for their goals and make the majors.

Coming from NJ I grew up with a inspection sticker that said NJ Drivers the safest State, traveling up and down the Pkwy Tpke and the wonderful rt17 rt4 cloverleaf I thought what are they talking about, Safe, Then I moved down here and it was open season driver vs driver look both ways before you go through a green light, But phones are the worse and like you said there is a law about it. almost time to hit 95 and drive north :( I miss home

Coming from NJ I grew up with a inspection sticker that said NJ Drivers the safest State, traveling up and down the Pkwy Tpke and the wonderful rt17 rt4 cloverleaf I thought what are they talking about, Safe, Then I moved down here and it was open season driver vs driver look both ways before you go through a green light, But phones are the worse and like you said there is a law about it. almost time to hit 95 and drive north :( I miss home

There a whole lot dumb drivers in jersey though...at least in my daily commute. Actually, I'd have to say the worst driving I regularly have to do is probably Route 1 (towards Rutgers). SO many people texting and not paying attention. And then there are the quality drivers with their beat little hondas with the fart cans driving like total morons. It's two lanes, plenty of lights, often crowded...and yet people feel compelled to zig and zag from lane to lane like they're actually going to save time. It's ridiculous

C'mon....the State compensates with infernal heat, not much to do that isn't clubbing, and lower gas prices (even though you spend it just to get like coffee)

It was sickening. Our 2nd baseman and right fielder were roided up in college. And when we played TCNJ, there was no doubt over half of that team was on SOMETHING. With the amount of money and drugs and foreigners in baseball today, it has become impossible for competitive college ball players to shoot for their goals and make the majors.

Didn't Colin used to play ball for TCNJ? He probably has some stories about roided up teammates too.