Is this the worst stretch of luck in NHL history?

'7'

http://scores.espn.go.com/nhl/gamecast?gameId=400443099

Not 'quite' as pronounced as the Ottawa game, but there weren't a lot of Clarkson prayers on the boards in this one either.

clarkson was a beast on the boards today...didn't amount to anything but he's been better recently than he's been the past 2-3 weeks when he was just invisible. We didn't even notice him falling down.

Bottom line is if you put Reimer on the Devils tonight and Marty on the Leafs you would see a complete different outcome, that is what 7 is saying. Marty is obviously not the reason why they are losing but he is not helping at all.

Agree with that yeah its pretty obvious Marty isn't playing well no. If hedberg wasn't sore I would sit marty to relax him a bit

The answer is no. No fvcking luck involved. Had we extended Parise long term rather than giving him a 1 yr 6 mil deal we'd be right in cup contention again. Sorry to beat a dead horse but it keeps twitching.

Parise :blahblah:  Get over it, I am sick of tired of seeing that guys name on here. He, as an individual, left to go home. Nothing could have changed his mind.

Parise :blahblah:  Get over it, I am sick of tired of seeing that guys name on here. He, as an individual, left to go home. Nothing could have changed his mind.

Umm it wouldn't have been an issue if we gave him years rather than a 1 year? Just saying. I for one am not totally surprised at how this season has gone as a result

Umm it wouldn't have been an issue if we gave him years rather than a 1 year? Just saying. I for one am not totally surprised at how this season has gone as a result

are you talking about the one year we gave him to avoid arbitration?? If we didn't do that we would've lost him earlier. You don't uderstand what was happening.

I don't know how it's already the end of this season and you still don't realize what had happened. Parise left to go home, nothing we could've done

His agent pushed him  for the one year deal so he can hit UFA after he turned down the first multi year offer. Get over it, focus on the team we have now and look for ways to improve THIS team.

This is all because marty won 666. He should have retired right after he won like his brother said. And because of it not only have we lost 10 in a row we lost kovy. The only way to break the curse is to have kovy come back and as soon as hes back we will win every game remaining and hopefully get the 8th spot. That is my only explanation too what is happening hahaha if im wrong at least next year we will be better with merrill and boucher in the lineup

The answer is no. No fvcking luck involved. Had we extended Parise long term rather than giving him a 1 yr 6 mil deal we'd be right in cup contention again. Sorry to beat a dead horse but it keeps twitching.

Do you know the crisis we'd be in if we had a contract like Parise's on our books this summer. Regardless of whether or not his numbers could've gotten us into a round or two of the playoffs. If you thought Kovalchuk's contract put a grapplehold on this team's finances for a couple years, Parise's would've been exponentially worse. Not to mention, you're eliminating the possibility that he just didn't want to come back from the getgo.

Do you know the crisis we'd be in if we had a contract like Parise's on our books this summer. Regardless of whether or not his numbers could've gotten us into a round or two of the playoffs. If you thought Kovalchuk's contract put a grapplehold on this team's finances for a couple years, Parise's would've been exponentially worse. Not to mention, you're eliminating the possibility that he just didn't want to come back from the getgo.

But do you know in what kind of awesome position we'd be if we could have signed him so have him this year and then trade him to Minny later if we would have REALLY needed the cap space... we lost him for nothing and look what Pomminville got... imagine what a long term signed Zach could have fetch 

obviously thats not really possible but having him signed would not have been that terrible we could always have got something real good in return worst comes to worst

But do you know in what kind of awesome position we'd be if we could have signed him so have him this year and then trade him to Minny later if we would have REALLY needed the cap space... we lost him for nothing and look what Pomminville got... imagine what a long term signed Zach could have fetch 

obviously thats not really possible but having him signed would not have been that terrible we could always have got something real good in return worst comes to worst

Parise will probably be a good player for 33% of his contract (ie. 4 or 5 years). I don't want to be the one responsible for his contract or cap hit when he declines. At least Kovalchuk has a shot that won't leave him. 

Parise will probably be a good player for 33% of his contract (ie. 4 or 5 years). I don't want to be the one responsible for his contract or cap hit when he declines. At least Kovalchuk has a shot that won't leave him. 

well you pull off a Gomez/Macdonaugh kinda trade then like Rangers did and you're laughing you ass off. That if he doesnt have a NTC or wtv but lets say he would have signed here... he would probably have waived to go home. But wtv it's useless to think of that now we lost him for nothing so

The Parise contract is terrible. I don't want him for that deal. We could have traded him, but that costs us the cup run last year. I'd argue last year cost us this year -- we weren't keeping Parise (nor do we want to for the money he got), if we got something in return, we're probably a playoff team now. IMO we bounce back and are strong again next year, and would actually be in trouble long term if we'd come anywhere close to the Minny contract.

Sterio, let it go.  As much as you seem to think you have an answer for everything, it will never be as obvious or easy as you like to believe these things are.

Clearly, losing Kovy was a killer...I don't know how many more games the Devils would've won had he stayed healthy, but it's kind of hard to believe that the Devils wouldn't have won at least a couple of games with him in the lineup.  This whole thing is crazy.

As "unlucky" as the Devils have been during this streak, there's a part of me that wouldn't mind seeing a serious reboot...the problem is that most of the guys who are here really haven't been here that long.  Some fans will say Elias needs to be re-signed no matter what, just because...but I'm not in the camp of that being an automatic.  Ditto Clarkson.  I guess my thoughts are too jumbled right now.  The only thing I can really say with any certainty is that I'm ready for something DIFFERENT...I just have to figure out what "different" means, beyond abstract yearnings.

Sterio, let it go.  As much as you seem to think you have an answer for everything, it will never be as obvious or easy as you like to believe these things are.

Clearly, losing Kovy was a killer...I don't know how many more games the Devils would've won had he stayed healthy, but it's kind of hard to believe that the Devils wouldn't have won at least a couple of games with him in the lineup.  This whole thing is crazy.

As "unlucky" as the Devils have been during this streak, there's a part of me that wouldn't mind seeing a serious reboot...the problem is that most of the guys who are here really haven't been here that long.  Some fans will say Elias needs to be re-signed no matter what, just because...but I'm not in the camp of that being an automatic.  Ditto Clarkson.  I guess my thoughts are too jumbled right now.  The only thing I can really say with any certainty is that I'm ready for something DIFFERENT...I just have to figure out what "different" means, beyond abstract yearnings.

I don't know that different means better.  I'll have a longer article on this sometime, but there are two teams who've missed the playoffs getting more than 54% of the shots in all situations (PP, PK, etc.) - the 95-96 Devils team, and this one.  There are a few who've missed with 53%+ too.  You're not necessarily replacing Elias and Clarkson with guys who can score, much as one would like to think that.