Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 05:32 PM

How'd it go? I wish I could've gone

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#42 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:33 PM

Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
Posted Image
I estimated 500 fans, in the rain, at about 4:30. The team bus pulled into the gated portion of the lane in between the Rock and Parking Deck, and the players got out. You could see many of them were happy to see us there. They headed straight into the deck for their cars, so the crowd moved to the exit lane for the deck. Players slowly drove through the crowd, some handshakes, some autographs. I tried to be loud, but felt kind of emotional.

Then, when I got back to the car, I decided to call XM's NHL Home Ice show, "The Powerplay," and I shared my experience with Scott Laughlin and Phil Esposito.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#43 CarpathianForest

CarpathianForest

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,086 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:40 PM

More pics, You Bastards!!

screenshot-sml-40.jpg

#44 Devilsfan118

Devilsfan118

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,800 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:42 PM

That's awesome. Makes me proud to be a Devils fan.

believe-ll.jpg

Anyone who says, ‘You played in that New York area,’ I say, ‘No, I played in New Jersey.’ - Ken Daneyko

#45 Jimmy Leeds

Jimmy Leeds

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 10,378 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 06:45 PM

So they flew in, took a bus to the arena, saw the fans, and drove away?
I DRINK LOU-AID
Posted Image

Posted Image

Kill Mumia

#46 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,975 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:07 PM

Had a blast waiting in the rain with you guys. As the cars pulled out one by one, many of them rolled down their windows and high fived the fans. I was the kid on the other side of the fence in the garage and climbed on the fence to get a good view.

Chants of 'come back zach' as he pulled away. He seemed awestruck and very happy. Marty was the most appreciative, waving towards the fans and thanking us. Deboer looked in awe as well.

Here is a picture I found, forget where to be honest

https://p.twimg.com/...KbST.jpg:medium

Edited by Devils Pride 26, 12 June 2012 - 08:09 PM.

#47 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:15 PM

So they flew in, took a bus to the arena, saw the fans, and drove away?

Pretty much. Some of the players waved to the fans, gave high-fives and signed a few autographs, but that was all. I thought it was a really nice way to close the book on what had been an amazing season.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#48 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:16 PM

Pretty much. Some of the players waved to the fans, gave high-fives and signed a few autographs, but that was all. I thought it was a really nice way to close the book on what had been an amazing season.

Who stopped? Who did you see shaking hands and signing?

I am curious who the nice guys are
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#49 McMullen82

McMullen82

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 46 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:38 PM

Pete Deboer stopped and was very cordial as usual, Zach Parise(with Andy Greene as passenger) stopped and signed, Hedberg was great too(he had Josefson and Tedenby in the car with him), Zubrus was high-fiving fans as he went by...as was Eric Boulton. Tallinder waved as he rolled by but didn't put down his window. Not sure about the rest but the only two that I saw roll by without even really acknowledging the fans were Ponikarovsky and Adam Oates. Didn't see Clarkson or Kovalchuk at all...curious if anyone else did

Edited by McMullen82, 12 June 2012 - 08:42 PM.

#50 mikepeluso8

mikepeluso8

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 387 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:50 PM

Pete Deboer stopped and was very cordial as usual, Zach Parise(with Andy Greene as passenger) stopped and signed, Hedberg was great too(he had Josefson and Tedenby in the car with him), Zubrus was high-fiving fans as he went by...as was Eric Boulton. Tallinder waved as he rolled by but didn't put down his window. Not sure about the rest but the only two that I saw roll by without even really acknowledging the fans were Ponikarovsky and Adam Oates. Didn't see Clarkson or Kovalchuk at all...curious if anyone else did

Marty?
DIE HARD DEVILS FAN SINCE '90

#51 Onddeck

Onddeck

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,826 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 08:53 PM

Yea there's a pick on the devils fb page of kovy walking off the bus.. Looked kinda pissed.. But clean shaven

Somebody's gotta be the hero... Why not me?

#52 DobaMB30

DobaMB30

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 58 posts

Posted 12 June 2012 - 09:20 PM

cool pics.. too bad no more
Posted Image

#53 CaptainRafalski

CaptainRafalski

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 253 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:20 AM

Oates already had his gps set for the addresses of the refs from last night. That was one mad dude.

#54 devils26

devils26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,996 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 01:36 AM

McMullen82's answer is essentially what mine would have been. Zach was particularly nice, signing a bunch of autographs, and he seemed genuinely happy that everyone was there. Marty seemed really appreciative of everyone; he had a pretty big smile on his face and waved to everybody. The ovation for Bernier when he got off the bus was pretty cool. I thought it showed how close the fans felt to the team, how we were all thankful for what he'd done this season and weren't preoccupied with one questionable penalty. Zubie's car was stopped for a while where I was standing and it looked like he couldn't stop himself from laughing. As someone else asked, I didn't see Kovy nor Clarkson either, despite the posted picture of Kovy getting off the bus. Overall, I thought it was a great way to thank the team for what had been a great season.

"The Devils always find a way to win, ... That will continue." -Scott Stevens
"I wouldn't think so. Nothing is broken. It's just a bruise." -Lou Lamoriello

Posted Image

#55 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 06:21 AM

Thanks to all that could go for helping welcome this team home & letting Parise know how much he is appreciated by the fans !

More pics would be welcome, regardless of quality !

#56 Legion15

Legion15

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,859 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:36 AM

Bernier deserved the applause, not to be treated like the goat. The ref screwed him and all of us over with that call.

WtnoJnL.jpg
One Day at a Time

#57 BlueSkirt

BlueSkirt

General Manager

• Members
  • 4,824 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:42 AM

Bernier deserved the applause, not to be treated like the goat. The ref screwed him and all of us over with that call.

It was certainly a boarding ! The only question is a minor of 2 or 4, or Major...
Personally I think it was more than a 2. But I agree it should not have been a major.
So to me, he double-minor or major didn't make that much of a difference.

#58 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,004 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:48 AM

Thanks to all the fans who went, I appreciate it, and it looked like the players did too.

#59 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:49 AM

Is there such thing as a double minor for injuring a player in boarding. I thought it was either 2 or 5 and misconduct.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#60 Devs4LordStanley

Devs4LordStanley

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 502 posts

Posted 13 June 2012 - 08:50 AM

It was certainly a boarding ! The only question is a minor of 2 or 4, or Major...
Personally I think it was more than a 2. But I agree it should not have been a major.
So to me, he double-minor or major didn't make that much of a difference.

Actually it does. They would've scored 2, knocking out both minor penalties. You can score as much as you want on a major.

Let's Go Devils!

@NTylerNJD

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users