#1 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:53 PM

Hey!
One of my buddies and I were down at The Rock for the Seton Hall game the other day and I saw this brick building across the street from the arena on Edison Place that appeared to be recently powerwashed. There was a sign on it that said that it was space for a restaurant. I remember someone on here a while back that we should have a fan owned restaurant and bar near the arena. I think that this would be a really neat thing. We could call it NJDEV'S. What do you guys think? I did a photoshop of what it could look like (not very good but it proves a point) and I would post it but I have no clue how to post a picture from my hard drive onto here. Maybe we could have the Devils have a stake in it as well and have it look in the style of the Fire Lounge. (Red and black and modern). I wonder how much that space would cost? I believe that the value of it would skyrocket over the next five years.

Edit: So if you have heard about or seen any new development around The Rock, post what you know here.

Edited by The Rock 07, 11 April 2008 - 04:38 PM.

Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#2 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 08:59 PM

I imagine, if it is as close to the Rock as you claim, the price would be through the roof because of the location.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#3 nmigliore

nmigliore

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,217 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:01 PM

Hey!
One of my buddies and I were down at The Rock for the Seton Hall game the other day and I saw this brick building across the street from the arena on Edison Place that appeared to be recently powerwashed. There was a sign on it that said that it was space for a restaurant. I remember someone on here a while back that we should have a fan owned restaurant and bar near the arena. I think that this would be a really neat thing. We could call it NJDEV'S. What do you guys think? I did a photoshop of what it could look like (not very good but it proves a point) and I would post it but I have no clue how to post a picture from my hard drive onto here. Maybe we could have the Devils have a stake in it as well and have it look in the style of the Fire Lounge. (Red and black and modern). I wonder how much that space would cost? I believe that the value of it would skyrocket over the next five years.

Upload at imageshack.us then post the link ImageShack gives you in the IMG code --> [IMG]link here[/ img] but WITHOUT the space between "/" and "img"

Edited by nmigliore, 28 January 2008 - 09:02 PM.

LETS GO METS
LETS GO DEVILS

"Take all that clubhouse [expletive] and all that, throw it out the window. Every writer in the country has been writing about that [expletive] for years. Chemistry don't mean [expletive]."

- Jim Leyland

#4 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

I imagine, if it is as close to the Rock as you claim, the price would be through the roof because of the location.

True, true. But since the building "boom" hasn't taken off yet around the arena yet, its probably not as bad as it will be 5 years from now. Maybe like last winter/spring would have been a good time to make the purchase but it might have had the same fate as Mesa which was 3 or 4 buildings down from the building I'm talking about.
Posted Image
I! I believe! I believe that we! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win! I believe that we will win!

#5 SteveStevens

SteveStevens

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,503 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:04 PM

Im not sure where this money could even come from, but a restaurant isnt a bad idea. The only problem is that there is plenty of time that there arent devil games going on which would eat into any profits.

#6 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:05 PM

Upload at imageshack.us then post the link ImageShack gives you in the IMG code --> [IMG]link here[/ img] but WITHOUT the space between "/" and "img"

I'll try it out, thanks for the help!
Posted Image

#7 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:08 PM

Im not sure where this money could even come from, but a restaurant isnt a bad idea. The only problem is that there is plenty of time that there arent devil games going on which would eat into any profits.

According to Vanderbeek, there are going to be (ideally) 275 events at The Rock, per year, so that 85 days w/o events but we could get brochures and deliver them to offices and go after the NJPAC and Newark Bears crowd too. Also when the Triangle Park development is built, then there would be more people that live there who could be part of the crowd too.
Posted Image

#8 Martyisth3b3st

Martyisth3b3st

Darth Brodeur

• Contributor
  • 9,942 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:11 PM

Its all great in theory, but where the hell is all of that money coming from? Then, where is the staff coming from? Most of us can't quit our jobs in hopes of our restaurant working... and want make the commute to Newark every day. I can see you put alot of thought into it, but I don't see how it could possibly happen.

2008, 2010, 2011 Pat Burns winner for 'Most emotional poster'
2011 UDX Signature award winner

Posted Image

#9 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:20 PM

Posted Image Here's the picture. I'm not the best at photoshop but you can see the general idea.

Its all great in theory, but where the hell is all of that money coming from? Then, where is the staff coming from? Most of us can't quit our jobs in hopes of our restaurant working... and want make the commute to Newark every day. I can see you put alot of thought into it, but I don't see how it could possibly happen.

It's just a daydream I had, that I thought would be something interesting to think about. Yes, money is a huge issue which would likely make it never happen.
Posted Image

#10 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:23 PM

A couple of us got the ball rolling a few months ago on this idea.

http://www.njdevs.co...mp;#entry551522
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#11 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:25 PM

A couple of us got the ball rolling a few months ago on this idea.

http://www.njdevs.co...mp;#entry551522

Yes, that must have been where I saw it. Thank you for posting that.
Posted Image

#12 sammyk

sammyk

Professional Googler

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 25,596 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:26 PM

Is this the place that closed down a month before the arena opened?

I wonder if the wide variety of food available inside the arena discourages the opening of restaurants outside.
This is how big your signature should be. Any larger and you are compensating.

#13 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 09:29 PM

Is this the place that closed down a month before the arena opened?

I wonder if the wide variety of food available inside the arena discourages the opening of restaurants outside.

That is a very good point. I think that since the arena has only been open since October, we haven't seen a lot of places open up. But by next season we should see Triangle Park moving along, and I feel that a restaurant will go in somewhere along Edison Place. Mesa was down the street in a little tan building next to where they had the stage on Opening Night by the PNC Tower. This building is further down Edison closer to Broad Street than Mulberry.
Posted Image

#14 Devs4LIFE

Devs4LIFE

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,517 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:25 PM

Theres a silver building right across the street from the devils store ( i dk if we're talking about the same building) but it would be good for a restaurant. The urinals could have little rangers symbols in them.
Posted Image

#15 brodeurrocks

brodeurrocks

General Manager

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,230 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:31 PM

Theres a silver building right across the street from the devils store ( i dk if we're talking about the same building) but it would be good for a restaurant. The urinals could have little rangers symbols in them.

Rangers logos and mug shots of Avery and Gomez to "aim at".

Posted Image

Official Keeper of David Clarkson's Open Ice Hits!

Official Keeper of the stains on Chico's shirt and tie from "Chico Eats" episodes!

#16 DaneykoIsGod

DaneykoIsGod

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 8,187 posts

Posted 28 January 2008 - 10:56 PM

Yes, that must have been where I saw it. Thank you for posting that.

Even though the naming rights for this bar seem to have already been locked down, my offer of a jar of pennies and a high five is still on the table. I'm a team player like that.
Posted Image

"I don't like those Rangers fans from New Jersey." - Jim Dowd

#17 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:27 AM

Even though the naming rights for this bar seem to have already been locked down, my offer of a jar of pennies and a high five is still on the table. I'm a team player like that.

That's our best offer yet!
Posted Image

#18 The Rock 07

The Rock 07

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 628 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:29 AM

That is where Mesa was before it closed down. This is a brick building further down Edison. The toilet idea sounds good!
Posted Image

#19 Elias26

Elias26

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,572 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 07:42 AM

If we all could pitch in 5-10k this could work!
Bobby Holik wouldn't name a (Christmas) song. He said: "Music means nothing to me." When Tom Gulitti of the
Record suggested he'd be called Scrooge, Holik said: "It won't be the first time." -Bobby Holik Christmas 2008

“I made a decision to be here. Just because the team is going through a rough time doesn’t mean you leave. This has become my second home. I love playing here. Patrik Elias January 31, 2011

#20 msweet

msweet

The Voice of Reason

• Admin
  • 8,820 posts

Posted 29 January 2008 - 08:13 AM

I'm in!
Follow me on Twitter @MSweetwood

"Quite frankly, all the players are getting paid too much and all the contracts are too long," general manager Lou Lamoriello said. "But if you want to compete in this market and you want to win, there are some things you have to do."

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users