GDT: Devils @ Thrashers 7:00 EST

Devil Fan

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Are the Thrashers officially done now because of the Rags/Flyers home-and-home?

Edit: Looks like the answer is "yes" since the Bruins have the better season series, and the best Atlanta can get is 85 pts 36 wins, tying the Bs in both categories. If the Flyers finish with no more wins (84 pts), it means the Rags won twice and get 86 pts. If the Rags finish with less than 85 pts, it means the Flyers won at least once and have at least 86 points.

Edited by David Puddy

I didn't get to see this game. I'm assuming they played fairly well?

So the Devils should probably have 4 bagels in a row right now. That is scary fvcking good. I've been pretty critical of the team the last few months so I have no issue with giving credit when they deserve it. This is pretty incredible.

I didn't get to see this game. I'm assuming they played fairly well?

So the Devils should probably have 4 bagels in a row right now. That is scary fvcking good. I've been pretty critical of the team the last few months so I have no issue with giving credit when they deserve it. This is pretty incredible.

They were in control from start to finish for the most part. Marty made some great saves again tonight. It was a very solid win and an encouraging sign that they've put together 2 really solid efforts in a row for the first time in what seems like ages.

philly won...so does this mean the rangers have to win the two vs the flyers in order to get in now?

No. They're only 3 points behind the Bruins with the same number of games played. Rangers can win 2 (with one loss against the Flyers) and the Bruins can lose out.

CONGRATULATIONS TO DEVILS GOALTENDER MARTIN BRODEUR AS HISTORY WAS MADE TONIGHT AS HE GOT HIS 600TH WIN OF HIS CAREER AND HIS 110TH CAREER SHUTOUT! BRODEUR PLAYING HIS BEST HOCKEY RIGHT NOW. SECOND SHUTOUT (COULD HAVE BEEN HIS 4TH IN A ROW) IN A ROW FOR BRODEUR AND LEADS THE NHL NOW THIS SEASON WITH NINE. DEVILS ALL ALONE IN 1ST PLACE NOW WITH 3-GAMES TO GO IN REGULAR SEASON.

Devils also better tonight with Mottau not playing and being scratched for rest. Devils have not lost when Mottau is out of the line up and the defense has played better.

Ok good game, sets us up well. Danis needs to play against the Isles.

Again, Danis is done for the season and possibly in New Jersey. Brodeur is playing his best right now, has a day off tomorrow and will be ready for the Florida game on Thursday. Brodeur the rest of the way to get him ready for the long playoff run. Devils are in a tight race for the #2 seed in the EC and for 1st place in the division. There is NO way Danis plays.

Forget Danis.

Danis needs to play. It's not a matter of how well Marty is playing, we need to get Danis a good game in.

just not going to happen. It would be suprising to see Danis in goal with all that is on the line in these last 3-games of the regular season. Brodeur to keep on rolling into the playoffs now. This is what he needs and this Devils team. Not Danis.