2012 Jets Thread

Beezer34

I can't even begin to describe how idiotic that timeout by Jim Caldwell was. It was pretty much insane. He gave the Jets an extra timeout. There was absolutely no way that the Colts were getting the ball back. He called timeout at 33 seconds, so if he doesn't call it they won't get a play off until 23 seconds and you make a young QB scramble. Instead, you stop the clock and give the coaches a chance to call their best play. Absolutely crazy.

this

I can't even begin to describe how idiotic that timeout by Jim Caldwell was. It was pretty much insane. He gave the Jets an extra timeout. There was absolutely no way that the Colts were getting the ball back. He called timeout at 33 seconds, so if he doesn't call it they won't get a play off until 23 seconds and you make a young QB scramble. Instead, you stop the clock and give the coaches a chance to call their best play. Absolutely crazy.

It may look like it was a stupid time out by Caldwell in hindsight. I think Caldwell took the time out because he may have felt a booth review was coming after the last catch by the Jets receiver was close to being out of bounds (brilliant play to get both feet down BTW). Had there been a review and the catch been overturned, the Jets would have been on the very limit of Folk's FG range regardless of what down it was. It's easy to second guess a coach from your armchair...

It may look like it was a stupid time out by Caldwell in hindsight. I think Caldwell took the time out because he may have felt a booth review was coming after the last catch by the Jets receiver was close to being out of bounds (brilliant play to get both feet down BTW). Had there been a review and the catch been overturned, the Jets would have been on the very limit of Folk's FG range regardless of what down it was. It's easy to second guess a coach from your armchair...

Uh no, Caldwell took his timeout BEFORE that play, when the Jets had just had a one-yard run on first down with the clock running on 2nd and 9 from about the 30-32 yard line. It was beyond idiotic, there was no reason to take a timeout there.

And the jets clock management was good in this game. If Rex called a timeout to ice vinateri, I would have lost it!

Yep, his time management's always been iffy but he was good today, calling the timeout on second down to save clock and not calling the stupid timeout to ice a kicker that can't be iced (although you could tell he was fighting the urge on the sideline lol).

Edited by NJDevs4978

++++++++++++++

We were all sitting here watching going "WTF" Why is the clock not running when they cut to Manning saying the same thing. This was the worst timeout taken this year! FOR SURE! Awful use giving the Jets a breather there!!

Moronic. And yet another flukey Win in the Jets W column. They did have a good game Defensively, I'll admit, but C'MON MAN! You don't call timeout there!!!!

Here's hoping the Pats and Belichick have another heapin helpin of ASS WHOOPIN in store for them next weekend!!!!

GO PATS GO!!!

Edited by Masked Fan

Where's ThreeCups? He owes me a dance :dance:

:dance:

There.

Good game. Sanchez still looks like sh!t....but a win nonetheless. Caldwell is a terrible clock mismanagement....

Folk with ice in the veins.

I think their run comes to a halting screech in Foxboro though. Brady is doing big things...

........Last season Peyton Manning blocked the Jets path to the Superbowl. A year later.. turnabout's fair-play. :uni:

...........610x.jpg

-------------------------------

....revenge is sweet. :yea:

Just a great game all around. Top to bottom, the Jets played their hearts out. Greene with 70 yrds off nearly 20 carries.. LT with 80 yrds off nearly 20 carries. THAT's the type of ground & pound football you have to play in the playoffs, when you've got a 2nd year QB. Win or lose next week, these games are invaluable to the kids experience. Next Sunday will be Sanchez's 5th playoff game! He has lost only one in his career. He's getting on the job training, that will only further his development going forward.

Another game of' "the tale of two halves" type circumstances. Without question, the Jets looked horrible in the 1st half. But the 2nd half was a different football team wearing the green & white all together. The defense looked amazing.. the o'line looked amazing.. everything just seemed to be running perfectly. Braylon "stone`hands" Edwards with the play of the game. Nick Folk! What else can you say? 3 seconds left, and if you miss it.. it's over! The pressure he must've endured prior to kicking that FG had to have been immense. Perhaps a little angel named Aiden willed that ball through the upright for the Jets.

So now the Jets head into Foxboro next Sunday.. where the 10-day forecast is already calling for snow, and a low of 19°. A victory will advance the Jets to the exact same place they were last year.. the Final Four! :clap: We all know what's going to be written\said all week long, heading into this game. The Pats are unstoppable.. They've won 12 out of their last 13 games.. 45-3 embarrassment the last time the Jets were there.. October 17th; the last time Brady threw a pick.. etc.. :blahblah:

..so we shouldn't even come to play right? Maybe we'll stay home and forfeit the game. :rolleyes: Whatever the case may be..

ravens2.gifpats3.gifjets5.gif

colts.gifsteelers3.gifchiefs2.gif

..and then there were 6. Who goes to the Superbowl?

ravens2.gifpats3.gifjets5.gifsteelers3.gifchiefs2.gif

..and then there were 5. Who's going to the Superbowl?

Food for thought: --Since becoming head coach for the New York Jets.. Rex Ryan's win\lose record (including playoffs) stands @ *23-13, with 1 AFC Championship appearance. *Bill Parcells' Jets record over his first 36 games coached?? *23-13, with 1 AFC Championship appearance. --spooky! :blink:

..is 'RR the best head coach the Jets have had since Tuna?

---------------

EDIT: This is in no way a slight to Brad Smith.. but anyone starting to think that with Westhoff @ the helm, ANYONE can be a successful KR on the New York Teams Special Teams?

First it was Justin Miller.. next it was Leon Washington.. then Brad Smith.. now Antonio Cromartie. :noclue:

Edited by Beezer34

Terrific all-around game by the Jets...I did think the Colts were going to win going in, but I thought the Jets had a fair shot...when their D is on, they can beat anyone. Pats-Jets is as compelling as it gets...

Although the goals are pretty lofty for the Jets right now, if they lose this week I don't think they have anything to be ashamed of...not easy to win three road playoff games in two postseasons...that's an impressive achievement in itself. Two unbelievable AFC matchups coming up...four teams with a very good chance to advance...Baltimore hosting the Jets wouldn't surprise me one bit...a #5 seed hosting a Conference Championship...crazy...

..Some cool video's I found since the victory over the Colts..

....why is it the more I think about this game coming up @ Foxboro.. the more I'm beginning to believe? ^_^

Edited by Beezer34

..Some cool video's I found since the victory over the Colts..

....why is it the more I think about this game coming up @ Foxboro.. the more I'm beginning to believe? ^_^

its just hype your feeling from the win. your still on a high. id be veryshocked if the jets beat the pats on sunday. how many times have u guys been in this spot b4 only to fail

its just hype your feeling from the win. your still on a high. id be veryshocked if the jets beat the pats on sunday. how many times have u guys been in this spot b4 only to fail

Been in what spot? The Divisional Playoffs (2nd round) after having advanced from the Wildcard? thinking.gif

.....*1983: JETS vs Oakland Raiders - Jets win, and advance to AFC Championship.

.....*1987: JETS vs Cleveland Browns - Jets lose. Cleveland advances to Final Four.

.....*1999: JETS vs Jacksonville Jaguars - Jets win, and advance to AFC Championship.

.....*2003: JETS vs Oakland Raiders - Jets lose. Oakland advances to Superbowl.

.....*2005: JETS vs Pittsburgh Steelers - Jets lose. Pittsburgh advances to Final Four.

.....*2010: JETS vs San Diego Chargers - Jets win, and advance to AFC Championship.

.....*2011: JETS vs New England Patriots - Jets ????

..over the last 30 years, the Jets are .500 being in the spot that they're in now.

-----------

EDIT: When you look at it, in the sense of 'recent heartbreak'.. it tells the tale for Jets nation. --Over the last 8 years, the Jets have finished 2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance.. on 4 separate occasion! :blink: In the words of Joe Benigno; "..oh, the pain." rain.gif

Edited by Beezer34

-----------

EDIT: When you look at it, in the sense of 'recent heartbreak'.. it tells the tale for Jets nation. --Over the last 8 years, the Jets have finished 2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance.. on 4 separate occasion! :blink: In the words of Joe Benigno; "..oh, the pain." rain.gif

"2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance" only means they won a playoff game in that particular season. Hell, any team that gets a first round bye is only "2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance"

"2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance" only means they won a playoff game in that particular season. Hell, any team that gets a first round bye is only "2 wins shy of a Superbowl appearance"

..you're missing the context. "4x in the past 8 seasons" is an average of every other year. (since 2003) To strike out on a Conference Championship throughout that quotient, is a heartbreaking ratio.

Edited by Beezer34

.....*1999: JETS vs Jacksonville Jaguars - Jets win, and advance to AFC Championship.

.....*2003: JETS vs Oakland Raiders - Jets lose. Oakland advances to Superbowl.

.....*2005: JETS vs Pittsburgh Steelers - Jets lose. Pittsburgh advances to Final Four.

.....*2010: JETS vs San Diego Chargers - Jets win, and advance to AFC Championship.

.....*2011: JETS vs New England Patriots - Jets ????

What this shows is that, despite not getting to a Super Bowl, the Jets of recent history really aren't nearly as inept as they are perceived to be (same old Jets, etc.) While the above hardly qualifies as a dynasty, there's teams that have fared far worse than 5 playoff appearances since '99, and it's not like the Jets have been one-and-done everytime they've gotten in.

What this shows is that, despite not getting to a Super Bowl, the Jets of recent history really aren't nearly as inept as they are perceived to be (same old Jets, etc.) While the above hardly qualifies as a dynasty, there's teams that have fared far worse than 5 playoff appearances since '99, and it's not like the Jets have been one-and-done everytime they've gotten in.

i think they have morethan 5 playff appearances actually since 99. didnt they make it the 2001.2002 season

i think they have morethan 5 playff appearances actually since 99. didnt they make it the 2001.2002 season

2002 & 2007.

You asked; "how many times have the Jets been in THIS position" ie.. 2 wins away from reaching the Superbowl. I didn't include 02 or 07, because the Jets were eliminated in the Wildcard round.

As far as the Jets being a 'somewhat competitive' team (postseason appearances) I guess you can say that. <_< --After all, playoff games in; 1999.. 2002.. 2003.. 2005.. 2007.. 2010.. 2011.. (7 occasions) in a 12 year span.

But again.. look at that ratio!! To reach the playoffs 7x since 1999, and not at least walk away with an AFC Title is heartbreaking. I'm not asking for a Superbowl.. but 1 Conference Championship at the very least would've been nice.

7 playoff apperances in 12 years. i must say thats pretty damn good. esspeically in the tristate area

..and think about that other football team that plays in New York.

.....*Since 1999, the Giants have made the postseason 6x.. and have achieved 2 Conference Titles & 1 Superbowl.

.....*Since 1999, the Jets have made the postseason 7x (1 more than Big Blew) and have achieved NOTHING!

Consistency -vs- Parody. That's the difference when you talk about the AFC & NFC.

Over the last 12 years, name the dominant teams of the AFC. Pittsburgh, Baltimore, NE, & Indy. 9 Superbowl appearances from those 4 teams combined, since 1999!! :blink: Now try and do the same thing with the NFC. It's tough isn't it?

..here I'll make it easier for you; Atlanta.. St. Louis 2x.. Tampa Bay.. Carolina.. Philly.. Seattle.. Chicago.. Arizona.. New Orleans.. and the Giants 2x. Quite a congenial difference, I must say. :giggle:

Thus; the main reason why fans of that Conference, like to make "sig-bets" with fans from the AFC. :whistling:

"When you come from the NFC, and you win a Superbowl it's a great accomplishment. But over the last few years.. when you're an AFC team and you win the Superbowl, it means much more." -John Madden.

Edited by Beezer34

7 playoff apperances in 12 years. i must say thats pretty damn good. esspeically in the tristate area

And over those 12 years they've appeared in a total of 12 games (guaranteed to be at least 13) and have a record of 6-6.

It's funny, there is really is this perception that the Jets have been much worse than they've performed, and I'll be the first to admit I'm one of the guilty parties in that regard. They've broken their fans' hearts at times, but this franchise all-around has really been much much better than the pre-'99 team trainwrecks.