Game Thread: Atl@nj

Weekes Head

• Replies 236
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Just watch, the Devils win the cup. While were all at the arena getting totally wasted celebrating, Lou puts up his old wrinkly middle finger so high to see. ESPN, Laffs, Flyers, Rags, and all other doubters see the big F-YOU from our buddy Lou. I still trust him, he must know something that we don't, or is that he didn't want to disturb the chemestry?

adding anson carter for berglund/gionta/giroux doesn't do anything to chemistry (at least not anything bad).

i'm thinking lou was looking at other possible deals when this one went down. carter would've been a perfect fit with gomez and elias. he's a power forward with 25 goals (10 of which are on the pp). as i've said previously, this is the one that burns me, not sellane (invoked no-trade) or satan (price was set too high b/c buff really didn't want to deal him)

Basically just said that the Devs could have made deals but he thought there was no need to.

He didn't want to take away from one area to make another area better. So what does that mean? Probably that the Sharks wanna Rafalski in a deal or Gomez. That's what I think.

no need to? the lack of another scoring winger leading to your coach flipping two of your best offensive players every game trying to find something doesn't qualify as a need? that's tough to swallow.

and for those that think the carter deal was all about $$, keep in mind that dvorak makes $1.575M (to Carter's $2.75) and is also up for arbitration. the savings aren't tremendous. not nearly as cheap as if they dealt with the devils and got berglund, gionta, and giroux who together are cheaper than dvo, younger, and have more potential, and they wouldn't have had to give up the defenseman they did either.

carter should be a devil. lou was looking at other deals that never happened and missed this one

I agree, Lou sounded like he bs'ed half of the interview - he essentially never answered the questions being asked.

He sidestepped by saying that he feels like the team is an orchestra of people, without the chemistry it just doesn't work. I agree with that much. Then he went on to say that he felt any major addition would essentially mess up the orchestra, and the music just wouldn't sound as good. More so, he didn't want to take away major parts of the orchestra (meaning teams probably asked for too much for what he wanted to get). He never went into basics of saying that he tried to make deals, but he rather said that in the end he made the ultimate decision that he felt the team worked well enough together and was good enough to be a major Cup contender. He just wouldn't come out and say anything. He always used some sort of metaphor or comparision.

What he said about the players we acquired was pretty good, however.

He wants 8 SOLID defensemen for the playoffs, and those 8 solid defensemen need to have experience in the NHL.

As for Marshall, he says he liked the way Marshall was able to up his play after going from a Stanley Cup winning team to an expansion team that won't make the playoffs any time soon. He liked the heart of Marshall, and he also liked the fact that he is a gritty player with hands. Joe Nieuwendyk seconded that statement.

If he goes into any specifics of deals that were worked on but did not happen he undermines the remaining players confidence, like NJ said, so he just has to downplay it.

He's in management, he a professional bullsh*t artist. what else do you expect, you've seen his interviews for 15 years.

always the same.

Did anyone catch that one part where Lamoriello said stuff as to why he didn't make a big deal?

I'm telling you that one sentence told me a lot. I think Lou couldn't make a deal because of cash constraints.

Great sidestepper of questions. Typical Lou :lol: .

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.