29 replies to this topic

#21 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,808 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 04:58 PM

Last season would be my favorite. I agree with a lot of what's been said about that playoff run. For me, being there for Game 6 to exorcise the ghosts of 1994 was one of the best moments throughout my history with this team (I was in Section 107 at the Meadowlands with my father during the Messier "guarantee" game - it was the worst feeling I've ever had leaving a sporting event in my life). I've been lucky enough to be in the building to see the Cup raised in 1995 and 2003, and have watched some amazing games and series in my life, including some games against the Isles, Caps, and Bruins during our first playoff run in 1987-88.

However, there was something about that win over the Rangers last season that was so different than all the others - the mass hysteria in the arena immediately after the goal, the random people coming up to you and high-fiving or giving you a bear hug in the cooridors or on the street after the game, the scene on Edison Place where, even hours following Henrique's goal, it seemed like nobody was ready to go home, the satisfaction of knowing you will never have to hear about 1994 again without having this moment to shove right back down their throats. It was incredible, and I'm glad I was able to experience every minute of it, even though the season didn't end up exactly how we all hoped.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xyL4IR4H41A

Before you ask, no that's not me and this isn't my video. I pulled it off of Youtube because it's awesome and represents the raw emotion of that night.

This is the best fan video I've seen.

http://youtu.be/gZpiepBOKaA

Edited by Daniel, 13 December 2012 - 05:00 PM.

Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#22 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 15,426 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:08 PM

2011-12 Devils easily take it for me cause I never expected them to do what they did. Those 2000-01 Devils I expected to repeat and they should have won that year after being up 3-2 on home ice.

Agree 100% here.

Last years team was Devils hockey with the forth line coming up huge. I was stunned we made the playoffs in the first place, and then they put on a great show.

2001 loss to the Av's was a killer. Easily that was the most talented and dominate Devils team in history. I am still at a loss to explan how we lost game 6 at home.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,451 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:12 PM

lol at the fact there are even fan videos, I couldn't even hold my phone long enough to text my friend that we won before I got bear-hugged from behind, dropped my phone and had to kneel over searching for it behind the row of seats in front of me for like two minutes :P
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 Zubie#8

Zubie#8

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,481 posts

Posted 13 December 2012 - 05:34 PM

Found this gem, pansy Rag fan acts like it was an accident, what a chump!

Start at 2 mins

believe-zubrus.jpg

#25 eldon

eldon

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,448 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 09:44 AM

Gotta go with the obvious ones. 1988, and the 2 seasons we eliminated the nyr's '06 & '12. Technically in '88 we eliminated them too, just not directly.

#26 Chuck the Duck

Chuck the Duck

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,593 posts

Posted 14 December 2012 - 10:22 AM

This is the best fan video I've seen.

http://youtu.be/gZpiepBOKaA

Agreed. That one is great. Love seeing these videos posted again. Makes me smile thinking about hockey, rather than all the BS that has occurred the past several months.
Posted Image

#27 sirbutlust

sirbutlust

Prospect

• Members
  • Pip
  • 102 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 12:35 AM

last year, granted i only started watching games reguraly that year they lost to the Rangers with that whole Avery ordeal. That said, i was used to first round outages so i guess my opinioun doesnt count. Frankly last year, i expected for the flyers to sweep after the first game loss. what happened afterwords was an amazing ride. So happy to see Gionta and that fourth line come through and Kovy coming so far in the playoffs(im drinking, i may be wrong but i remember being happy with him) ad Broduer being amazing in goal in sadly what i think will be the last we see of his greatness before age hits him. And Henrique coming up and that neat hockey card i got of him celebrating in front of lundquist. such a great ride. Just happened to hit a team that was instride in the finals, nothing to be ashamed of. What bothered me most was that stupid TMZ footage of the Devils after the loss at the bar.

#28 Marshall

Marshall

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,344 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 06:26 AM

Agreed. That one is great. Love seeing these videos posted again. Makes me smile thinking about hockey, rather than all the BS that has occurred the past several months.

That collective gasp just before they jam it in...glorious.

Winner of the 2009-10 Slava Fetisov Award For Best International Poster
Winner of the 2011-2012 RD Avatar Award

#29 DevilMinder

DevilMinder

Owner / Administrator

• Admin
  • 9,034 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 09:46 AM

The 2001 season was awesome. I still miss that transition game, watching Rafalski feed a sneaky Gomez. They gained the zone every time without fail. The Finals were gut wrenching though.

Last year was amazing, I still have Ranger fan friends who won't talk to me about it. LOL.

#30 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,072 posts

Posted 16 December 2012 - 11:40 AM

Found this gem, pansy Rag fan acts like it was an accident, what a chump!

Start at 2 mins

Idk about this one. They both acted pretty badly in this one. Can't say the rags fan wasn't provoked as he was just standing there till the drunk devils guy started making jestures right in his face so the rags fan pushed him. Hell the devils fan was so drunk he later fell again seemingly on his own a minute later. Also you are at the end he shook the hands of a bunch of devils fans sitting around him and I doubt they would have shook his hand if he was acting like a jackass.

Flyers fans are mouthy and will generally start fights over anything and nothing. Rags fans tend to just be mouthy and from my experiences and usually don't get the nerve to actually fight, at least rags fans of the last ten years or so.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users