Devils trade #9 pick in 2013 Draft to Vancouver for Cory Schneider

'7'

I was thinking about this the other day, but can't remember this being true. Any specific examples?

When's the last time Brodeur was pulled in a playoff game where his team was tied?  Because that happened in the 2012 playoffs.  It's hard to imagine a previous coach pulling him in any non-injury situation when the game was tied.

Article from Damian Cox on Brodeur - says he might play more years after this one as the backup:  http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/07/03/martin_brodeur_says_newly_acquired_devils_goalie_cory_schneider_may_extend_his_nhl_career_cox.html

Edited by Triumph

When's the last time Brodeur was pulled in a playoff game where his team was tied?  Because that happened in the 2012 playoffs.  It's hard to imagine a previous coach pulling him in any non-injury situation when the game was tied.

Article from Damian Cox on Brodeur - says he might play more years after this one as the backup:  http://www.thestar.com/sports/hockey/2013/07/03/martin_brodeur_says_newly_acquired_devils_goalie_cory_schneider_may_extend_his_nhl_career_cox.html

I was thinking about that playoff game, but completely forgot the situation. The Devils came out well and the Panthers pulled their goalie. They turned it around, and Brodeur was awful, so DeBoer was looking for a spark too. Pete was never afraid to pull Marty, but always seemed to go right back to him.

Lou is leaving it all in Pete's hands. Hope the decision is as hard as possible for him.

Interesting quotes from Marty to Cox. Probably the only thing that Cox is good for. I do wonder if this is was a mistake by Marty:

“It won’t be difficult for him. Hey, we’re in New Jersey,” said Brodeur. “It’s not going to be prime time with every single start. We’ll be in Carolina and nobody will care who starts a game. If he plays four in a row, it will not be a big deal. If I play four in a year, no big deal.

It's wonderful of Marty to say that. It makes a lot if things clear. What a guy. It's almost as if he wants to stick around to teach & learn more coaching yet still be able to hop on ice in game situations. Haha. How many times did we wish Stevens could just hop on for a change or two to teach these drips something.

That's the way I'm choosing to read it anyhow :evil:

• Like 1

I was thinking about that playoff game, but completely forgot the situation. The Devils came out well and the Panthers pulled their goalie. They turned it around, and Brodeur was awful, so DeBoer was looking for a spark too. Pete was never afraid to pull Marty, but always seemed to go right back to him.

There was another game where Brodeur got yanked in Minnesota, then didn't start the next night in Winnipeg.  I don't ever remember that happening either.

Interesting quotes from Marty to Cox. Probably the only thing that Cox is good for. I do wonder if this is was a mistake by Marty

Yeah that either seems like a transcribing error or a joke that doesn't play on the page.

According to Wysh who is just going by what he sees on twitter also, word is that Kesler was banging Schneider's gf.

Again this is just random twitter comments so take it with a grain of salt.

Looks like a random joke Tweet, not sure why Wysh would even mention it..

Quick question...we still have to forfeit our first round pick next year, right?  So that means two years in a row of possibly giving up a top 10 pick. I just hope Schnieder is starting within 4 years, otherrwise the swap doesnt make as much sense.

There is absolutely no way in hell that Lou just traded the #9 pick for a guy who's gonna ride the pine for the rest of his contract. I also SERIOUSLY douct Schneider would re-sign here if he isn't the starter before that point. That would be insane.

There is absolutely no way in hell that Lou just traded the #9 pick for a guy who's gonna ride the pine for the rest of his contract. I also SERIOUSLY douct Schneider would re-sign here if he isn't the starter before that point. That would be insane.

I give marty 2 years max, with schneider playing a lot of games. Schneider will re-sign, he knows he is the future number 1 goalie. Read what Marty said in the interview with Cox, he said he would be backup to help Schneider and the team if he had to. Im not worried about our goalie situation.

Canucks fan here. Took me a while to find you guys!

Just wanted to offer my congratulations on landing Cory. You will love this guy. He is the real deal, top notch goalie. I know he doesn't have a long resume yet but I think you guys will just fall in love with him. There were rumours that he suffers from panic attacks and that is one reason the Canucks felt he was expendable but don't believe them. He does suffer from unexplained leg cramps thought to be brought on by dehydration but they were well controlled and well managed. He is a class person and a great hockey player, a great teammate. He does impersonations which are quite funny to listen to so watch out for them.

Unfortunately for us he suffered a groin injury in the last week of the season and didn't get to start in the playoffs. Most of us felt he should never have been put in when he was as it was obvious that goaltending was not our problem.

The one problem you may have is he was tired of being a back up which was why the situation in Vancouver had to change. I think he will be fine learning from Marty but if Marty does not retire in the next year you could lose him to FA but I doubt that happens. Be prepared for sticker shock when it is time to renew his contract but in two years I think you will all agree he is well worth whatever price tag he comes with.

NJD just become my favourite team in the East!

• Like 1

Just wanted to offer my congratulations on landing Cory. You will love this guy. He is the real deal, top notch goalie. I know he doesn't have a long resume yet but I think you guys will just fall in love with him. There were rumours that he suffers from panic attacks and that is one reason the Canucks felt he was expendable but don't believe them. He does suffer from unexplained leg cramps thought to be brought on by dehydration but they were well controlled and well managed. He is a class person and a great hockey player, a great teammate. He does impersonations which are quite funny to listen to so watch out for them.

Unfortunately for us he suffered a groin injury in the last week of the season and didn't get to start in the playoffs. Most of us felt he should never have been put in when he was as it was obvious that goaltending was not our problem.

The one problem you may have is he was tired of being a back up which was why the situation in Vancouver had to change. I think he will be fine learning from Marty but if Marty does not retire in the next year you could lose him to FA but I doubt that happens. Be prepared for sticker shock when it is time to renew his contract but in two years I think you will all agree he is well worth whatever price tag he comes with.

Welcome! Don't be afraid to post here often, we have a resident Sharks fan so why not a resident Canucks fan!

Welcome aboard!