If we need anymore motivation....

grcenter47

I know not to take things seriously from Rangers fans who call on the radio but these comments are getting worse.

1) "Martin Brodeur is not that great of a goalie because he didnt win the Conn Smythe in 2003"

2) "The Prudential Center and the Devils organization is ridiculous because they have cheerleaders. Seriously who has cheerleaders in the NHL"

3) "Devils fans are a bunch of frauds. They only come out during the playoffs and they dont sell out like the Rangers"

4) "The 1995 Stanley Cup championship shouldn't count because it was a shortened season"

I heard all of these in a span of a week. To the credit of WFAN, Mike Francesa, Joe Benigno, and Evan Roberts defended the Devils in most of these points. On a side note, Mike Fransesca said that he doubt the cheerleaders were Lou's idea :rolleyes:

3) "Devils fans are a bunch of frauds. They only come out during the playoffs and they dont sell out like the Rangers"

Speaking of, an entire fanbase that doesn't come out of the closet until a Rangers-Devils Eastern Conference Final...

Speaking of, an entire fanbase that doesn't come out of the closet until a Rangers-Devils Eastern Conference Final...

I am also wearing today to work my kovy player tee that I have worn a bunch of times before on casual Friday. Today when I was out at lunch at the store I had a bunch of different people tell me the devils suck and whatnot. I never heard a peep when I wore this shirt before but now I hear it today suddenly. If anything, a lot of people who could not care about hockey are suddenly rangers fans and it is mostly because they have new York in their name.

• Like 1

I know not to take things seriously from Rangers fans who call on the radio but these comments are getting worse.

1) "Martin Brodeur is not that great of a goalie because he didnt win the Conn Smythe in 2003"

2) "The Prudential Center and the Devils organization is ridiculous because they have cheerleaders. Seriously who has cheerleaders in the NHL"

4) "The 1995 Stanley Cup championship shouldn't count because it was a shortened season"

I heard all of these in a span of a week. To the credit of WFAN, Mike Francesa, Joe Benigno, and Evan Roberts defended the Devils in most of these points. On a side note, Mike Fransesca said that he doubt the cheerleaders were Lou's idea :rolleyes:

Flyer fans might be the most violent, but the Ranger fans by and large are the dumbest. I'm sure there were worse comments than that made. And StarDew is 100% right, those dummies would never have said a word about shortened seasons if they had repeated as SC Champs.

And no franchise is more ridiculous than the Rangers. I can't think of one single NHL franchise that has celebrated one Cup win over and over again as shamelessly as the Rangers have (and their fans buy right into it every time...after awhile you'd think some of them would say "Geez, can we move past this already?"). The only team that was even in the vicinity of that level of cheesiness was Carolina, when they raised their Cup banner twice.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I like how not one single comment here applies to anything that's happening on the ice.

Desperation?

I am convinced that the Devils dancers are usually on the section 16 platform so Lou has to see them as little as possible (he sits in the box right above it for those who don't know).

Ranger fan "About that parade thing, the Devils can take their 100 fans and have it in Newark or the Meadowlands or in Manasquan..."

Lol always love that one too. Didn't some of the worst people of the 20th century also get paraded down the canyon of Heroes too?

I love how these guys think they are witty. Like we didn't see that one coming.

Attendance jokes.

Parking lot jokes.

Neutral zone trap/boring jokes.

Calling the Devils the "Debbies"

That's about 95% of the comedic material Ranger fans have in their arsenal.

Why do they think it bothers us? We can have a parade in the parking lot of a Wawa in Freehold for all I care, as long as we win another Stanley Cup.

That's be great. I could pop in, grab a sandwich and then get a choco(my phone wants to autocorrect that to Chico) taco after its over.

Some of the Devils callers haven't exactly been stellar either.

The Ranger caller going off about how Giguere winning the Conn Smythe in 2003 somehow reflects badly on the Devils was the top one IMO.

I caught one comment from a Devils fan and he literally made no sense. I think he was soo angry from all the Rangers fans that called who said Devils were trouble-makers. He was drawing comparisons to the Yankees and the quality of their fans who went to the stadium back in the day. I think Mike Fransesca hung up on him

Attendance jokes.

Parking lot jokes.

Neutral zone trap/boring jokes.

Calling the Devils the "Debbies"

That's about 95% of the comedic material Ranger fans have in their arsenal.

Makes me yearn for the comedic "brilliance" of Yakov Smirnov.

I am also wearing today to work my kovy player tee that I have worn a bunch of times before on casual Friday. Today when I was out at lunch at the store I had a bunch of different people tell me the devils suck and whatnot. I never heard a peep when I wore this shirt before but now I hear it today suddenly. If anything, a lot of people who could not care about hockey are suddenly rangers fans and it is mostly because they have new York in their name.

I wore my Devils t-shirt in Miami Beach Wednesday before the game, and some girl started getting belligerent with me. It really amused me.