2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

Thanks for the lesson on "how the world works." This is a Devils forum, and Devils fans who live in the NY/NJ area are discussing the incoming bandwagon of brand new Ranger fans who can name Lundqvist and 3 players from 20 years ago. We are going to be dealing with these fakes for years to come, and some of us just want to share our frustration with each other.

I can't wait for the first Devs-Rags game at the Rock next year... Oughta be a blast with all the new phony 22-year old dickbag brah Ranger fans showing up in their Queen and St. Louis jerseys, inevitably spewing something to the effect of 'DUHHHHHH DA RAINGIZ WENT TO THE FINALS (or God forbid they should win it)/DA RAINGIZ WON DA CUP DA KING IS DA GREATEST GOALIE OF ALL-TIME DA DEBBIES ARE LOSERS DUHHHH 1994 MATTEAU'!!!! Yep. That'll be a blast. Edited by MadDog2020

Thanks for the lesson on "how the world works." This is a Devils forum, and Devils fans who live in the NY/NJ area are discussing the incoming bandwagon of brand new Ranger fans who can name Lundqvist and 3 players from 20 years ago. We are going to be dealing with these fakes for years to come, and some of us just want to share our frustration with each other.

Alright, but there is a difference between understanding the idea of bandwagons (yes, "how the world works", or "how sports work"), and just saying I hate how I now will have to deal with so many more Rangers fans than before. But, the idea that people who are getting Rangers fever are "pathetic" or "losers" or the worst people on earth, that I disagree with, regardless if anyone has to deal with them or not.

I'm so sorry that a few people talking Rangers hockey outside your office was so awful, I guess. As I have said, there is a difference in saying, "fvck now everyone I am around is talking Rangers, hockey" and giving sh!t to people because they don't deserve to be talking Rangers hockey or being happy.

That's all.

Edited by devilsrule33

I can't wait for the first Devs-Rags game at the Rock next year... Oughta be a blast with all the new phony 22-year old dickbag brah Ranger fans showing up in their Queen and St. Louis jerseys, inevitably spewing something to the effect of 'DUHHHHHH DA RAINGIZ WENT TO THE FINALS (or God forbid they should win it)/DA RAINGIZ WON DA CUP DA KING IS DA GREATEST GOALIE OF ALL-TIME DA DEBBIES ARE LOSERS DUHHHH 1994 MATTEAU'!!!! Yep. That'll be a blast.

Don't forget more of the loser 14-25 year olds coming to the Rock in their Rags gear when the Devils aren't even playing the Rags in that game.

Don't forget more of the loser 14-25 year olds coming to the Rock in their Rags gear when the Devils aren't even playing the Rags in that game.

Yep, the 'Kenny Agostino' type kids (you may remember the discussion about how Agostino grew up a Ranger fan in NJ. He admitted he went to Devils games to root for the other team). Can't wait to have more of those types of douchebags around...

Rangers fans are dumb and illogical? This is news to me.

Seriously though, fvck the Rags and their fans. The best part is when you have these Jersey kids who are all "Jersey Pride!" and "Bennies go home!" but they're Rangers fans. Some Jersey pride. I had some 18 year old kid on the train ask me how I could be from New Jersey and not root for the Rangers. I laughed in his face and told him to get the fvck away from me. No logic for those morons and their existence. I hope they get swept against a real goalie and I hope someone breaks Kreider's face in the process.

Edited by PWW

Watching all the bandwagon energy in action, I can't help but think of how damaging the lockout was to the Devils fanbase. They really had the opportunity to let a couple summer months go by and capitalize on the bandwagoners we got during that 2012 playoff run, but the lockout/4 months of no hockey pretty much put the kibosh on that.

Rangers fans are dumb and illogical? This is news to me.

Bo5EPEJIQAEBblG.jpg

"@BackhandedDevil: With the Rangers in the Finals, the Twitter Warning Center has raised the Douche-Con Level to ONE ... imminent danger"
Edited by DJ Eco

Don't forget more of the loser 14-25 year olds coming to the Rock in their Rags gear when the Devils aren't even playing the Rags in that game.

^YUPPP....

I can deal with the adult bandwagon fans. If the Rangers don't win the Cup, we won't have to deal with these people again until the Rangers reach the ECF again, whenever that happens. They come in and out of the picture, always have and always will.

It's the impressionable kids that are the annoying part of this all. Similarly, in the Devils' case, in 2012, this team with Kovalchuk and Parise was able to inspire local kids to get into hockey, they were easy elite players to start rooting for. Then we lost, then the lockout happened, then they were both gone. This became a tough team for a kid just getting into hockey to start rooting for.

Now this, the Rangers' run and all the storylines coming out of this season: Dom Moore's wife, St. Louis' mom, coming back from 3-1 against the Pens, Henrik Lundqvist being in his prime. We're going to have to deal with this, on the "new Rangers fan kids" end of things for many many years to come, whether they win the Cup or not. And that may be the most annoying part of all this.

Edited by DJ Eco

Alright, but there is a difference between understanding the idea of bandwagons (yes, "how the world works", or "how sports work"), and just saying I hate how I now will have to deal with so many more Rangers fans than before. But, the idea that people who are getting Rangers fever are "pathetic" or "losers" or the worst people on earth, that I disagree with, regardless if anyone has to deal with them or not.

I'm so sorry that a few people talking Rangers hockey outside your office was so awful, I guess. As I have said, there is a difference in saying, "fvck now everyone I am around is talking Rangers, hockey" and giving sh!t to people because they don't deserve to be talking Rangers hockey or being happy.

That's all.

I understand the idea of bandwagon. Hockey doesn't get mentioned in this area unless the Rangers are winning. I didn't give anyone sh!t. I said none of them knew a hockey stick from a croquet mallet last week, and now they are "lifetime Ranger fans." You'll notice that everyone else in this thread from NY/NJ understands the dynamic.

• Like 1

I understand the idea of bandwagon. Hockey doesn't get mentioned in this area unless the Rangers are winning. I didn't give anyone sh!t. I said none of them knew a hockey stick from a croquet mallet last week, and now they are "lifetime Ranger fans." You'll notice that everyone else in this thread from NY/NJ understands the dynamic.

Bingo. This is way beyond bandwagon. This is people who dont even know the Rangers were a team until last week. These are people who think two goals get awarded if you score from beyond the blue line. These are people who would trash hockey any chance they get if the Rags werent in the scf. These are people who blatanly ignore and hate on the sport. These are people who have never heard of Henrik Lundqvist. These are your typical Ranger fans.

• Like 1

Just wait- we should have a drinking game: every time some NY or national media talking head and/or columnist says how 'great it is for hockey' that the Rangers are in the Finals (or some variation of that), take a drink. You'll be sloshed 24/7.

Just wait- we should have a drinking game: every time some NY or national media talking head and/or columnist says how 'great it is for hockey' that the Rangers are in the Finals (or some variation of that), take a drink. You'll be sloshed 24/7.

No you would be dead.

Luckily, with Doc at the helm, he stays away from garbage commentary like that. The other guys, I'm not so sure about.

Amen

I can't wait for the first Devs-Rags game at the Rock next year... Oughta be a blast with all the new phony 22-year old dickbag brah Ranger fans showing up in their Queen and St. Louis jerseys, inevitably spewing something to the effect of 'DUHHHHHH DA RAINGIZ WENT TO THE FINALS (or God forbid they should win it)/DA RAINGIZ WON DA CUP DA KING IS DA GREATEST GOALIE OF ALL-TIME DA DEBBIES ARE LOSERS DUHHHH 1994 MATTEAU'!!!! Yep. That'll be a blast.

Especially when we suck next year and have Brian Gionta on our roster. Oh yea...can't wait.