2012 Fantasy Football Smack Talk

aylbert

Wow...looks like I found the worst way to lose this week's matchup. I lost by two points with my defense giving me -3 points. That would be the Oakland Raiders defense that I picked up moments before the early game Sunday thinking they would have a good day against Miami and their rookie QB, Ryan Tanenhil, while Peyton could really do some damage on the Atlanta defense. Forget that Atlanta's defense got 12 points with the 4 turnovers, but Oakland's defense got absolutely shredded and took points away from me. The deciding points. I would have won if I didn't start any defense at all.

Edited by devilsrule33

I had more points on my bench this week than my starting lineup.. Yikes!

lol I had that happen in my ESPN league last week. Actually it could happen here this week too if Jennings goes off, cause my big-name starting lineup was so bad :P

Probably should have had the balls to bench AP or Ridley for Brown but I wasn't going to bench AP again after the Week 1 fiasco (doubly not now after 100+ total yards against the Niners) and Ridley had been running well the first two weeks but of course in the Pats' offense someone always randomly gets the shaft every week.

I had more points on my bench this week than my starting lineup.. Yikes!

Just be glad you played the bottom feeder team in the league....he's our Schiano without the douchey kneel-down plays :P

(side note....I have Charles in my other two leagues.....I switched him back IN at noon.....could you imagine that poor bar yesterday if I HADN'T?? :whistling:)

Just be glad you played the bottom feeder team in the league....he's our Schiano without the douchey kneel-down plays :P

(side note....I have Charles in my other two leagues.....I switched him back IN at noon.....could you imagine that poor bar yesterday if I HADN'T?? :whistling:)

Is Masked that Bad historically?

That was the game I have been waiting on Charles for. Too bad we can't play the Saints every week.

Has: How can you play Ridley lining up against Ngata and Co??? Frankly, I am offended.

Where did Boldin come from on NE?

Has: How can you play Ridley lining up against Ngata and Co??? Frankly, I am offended.

Where did Boldin come from on NE?

If I'd known Billy Boy was going to give DANNY WOODHEAD 70% of the touches I wouldn't have :P

I was shaky about him and AP anyway but I don't like playing matchups early unless I have to, especially with how nuts this season has already been. Still, I don't think I've gotten a point total that low in years, and when my team's projected point total was like 105 on top of it lol.

Of course I had to be facing RSC and his wonderful 79 points or whatever it was instead of just getting blown out and being able to chalk it up as a non-winnable week anyway. With my team, Jason Hanson shouldn't be the leading scorer two weeks in a row, most of the rest of them starting with Dumbo need a pep talk this week :rant:

Edited by NJDevs4978

0-3 now, 5-8 2011. 5-7 2010, 6-7 2009, 7-6 2008, somehow he won 2007 blink.gif, and a GLORIOUS 1-3 in 2006.....so ye.......pretty much :rofl:

That's part of what makes me annoyed about my usual semifinal choke jobs :P I'm consistent and never win while teams like Masked and UDX have won titles lol, although to his credit Masked piggybacked onto the Patriots during their 16-0 year. You're like the Giants of the league, either you win a championship or you're out of the playoffs. I'm like Fat Andy and the Eagles, at least when they were actually good.

of cours,e I give up on Ryan Williams, drop him and he becomes the starter

I was surprised he was still out there after I saw the Twitter update on Beanie with the drop/add ninjas here...at the rate things are going I might start him this week.

Edited by NJDevs4978

I was surprised he was still out there after I saw the Twitter update on Beanie with the drop/add ninjas here...at the rate things are going I might start him this week.

But the Arizona line is almost as awful as the horrid Philly O-line. Arizona's D is the strength of this division leader.

But the Arizona line is almost as awful as the horrid Philly O-line. Arizona's D is the strength of this division leader.

That's the rub...guaranteed touches (including goalline) for Williams vs. non guaranteed touches but better matchup/talent for Ridley. Plus I have Floyd/Bennett if I want to go away from RB entirely.

Speaking of trades, if anyone wants a skill position player, I'm looking for a top QB and am willing to trade Romo plus. I literally have depth at all the other skill positions. Pretty much anything (RB/WR/TE) aside from AP/McCoy is on the market in the right deal.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Great for you, sucky for me - especially since in my ESPN league I got 150 points and still lost because I left Hartline on the bench for Fred Jackson :P

I figured your team would pick it up one of these weeks though. Maybe it's best I actually have to work for a playoff spot this year, haven't done very well cruising in. There's a lot of good teams in this league though.