201 replies to this topic

#81 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,885 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:22 PM

The Jets deserve the hot sauce, they spent too much time worrying about what Reggie Bush was saying and patting themselves on the back for playing three good games - of which they won one lmao. They're a better team than the Jets from top to bottom right now.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#82 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 03:58 PM

..and the fish should've won the 2 OT games against Arizona & the Jets. They could easily have a 6-2.. 7-1 record.

The Dolphins are for real.

. Thanks for the props Beez. This one is really sweet.

iq0p.pngUploaded with ImageShack.com

#83 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 05:53 PM

Its amazing what good coaching can do for a franchise. Good for the Fins.
I was wrong to ever doubt the powers of Lou Lamoriello.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#84 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 06:26 PM

Had an awesome time at the game. Stephen Ross actually made an appearance at the Dolphins tailgate.
Posted Image
I collect spores, molds and fungus.
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.
How do you spot risk? How do you avoid risk? And what makes it so risky?

#85 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:07 PM

Its amazing what good coaching can do for a franchise. Good for the Fins.

. Philbin, Sherman, Coyle and Rizzi (the ST coordinator) have been nothing short of fantastic thus far. They do a great job of making sure this team is prepared and ready to play every week.

#86 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:25 PM

Had an amazing time , Good too meet Dan. Fins up!!! here are some crazy photos , ill post more later

Posted ImagePosted Image
IMG_8343-1 by Estreetcrew3, on Flickr

Posted Image
IMG_7651 by Estreetcrew3, on Flickr

Posted Image
IMG_7622 by Estreetcrew3, on Flickr
IMG_9988 by Estreetcrew3, on Flickr
Posted Image Section 209 at the Rock
Estreet crew Blog ------> http://estreetskate.blogspot.com/

#87 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 28 October 2012 - 07:46 PM

Had an amazing time , Good too meet Dan. Fins up!!! here are some crazy photos , ill post more later

Posted ImagePosted Image
IMG_8343-1 by Estreetcrew3, on Flickr

Posted Image
IMG_7651 by Estreetcrew3, on Flickr

Posted Image
IMG_7622 by Estreetcrew3, on Flickr
IMG_9988 by Estreetcrew3, on Flickr

. Great pics estreet, awesome that Ross dropped by for a visit.

#88 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:42 AM

Wait, wasn't this a Jests home game? Ross was in the Giants Stadium parking lot?
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#89 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,944 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 06:57 AM

Just wondering...did the Jets fans give you guys a hard time? I've been to several Patriots/Jets games through the years and the Jets fans have usually been pretty cool.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#90 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 07:49 AM

Wait, wasn't this a Jests home game? Ross was in the Giants Stadium parking lot?

Yes haha Fergie also showed up , Our tailgate was so huge that it was getting alot of media coverage from south florida, we're on the front of The Dolphins Website too.

Just wondering...did the Jets fans give you guys a hard time? I've been to several Patriots/Jets games through the years and the Jets fans have usually been pretty cool.

They've always given me trouble in the past, But thats what i expect. We had well over 300 people at the tailgate, and in our section.

Edited by estreetcrew3, 29 October 2012 - 07:50 AM.

#91 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 08:34 AM

Good for you guys! With the Ravens being such s relatively young franchise with no long term rivalry with either team I would probably have a challenge getting 100 raven fans including the Saragossa family.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#92 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 11:17 AM

Good for you guys! With the Ravens being such s relatively young franchise with no long term rivalry with either team I would probably have a challenge getting 100 raven fans including the Saragossa family.

. We've always done a good job of representing at both Giants Stadiums- there are a lot of Dolphins fans in the Tri-State area.

#93 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 12:40 PM

More pics from the tailgate.

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image
Posted Image
Hello fellow American. This you should vote me. I leave power. Good. Thank you, thank you. If you vote me, I'm hot. What? Taxes, they'll be lower... son. The Democratic vote is the right thing to do Philadelphia, so do.

#94 estreetcrew3

estreetcrew3

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 656 posts

Posted 29 October 2012 - 04:32 PM

The Metlife Take Over
Posted Image
Week 8: Miami Dolphins Vs. New York Jets by dolfansnyc, on Flickr

#95 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 12,274 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 04:21 PM

Can't get over that clock management no-no by Joe Philbin. I know it is 4th and 15 and you want the perfect play, but if you keep two timeouts, you can get the ball back with 45 seconds only needing 3 points. With 1 timeout, the game is over with 1:35 or so left.

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 November 2012 - 04:22 PM.

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#96 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 06:43 PM

Can't get over that clock management no-no by Joe Philbin. I know it is 4th and 15 and you want the perfect play, but if you keep two timeouts, you can get the ball back with 45 seconds only needing 3 points. With 1 timeout, the game is over with 1:35 or so left.

Meh. Officiating at the end was atrocious.
Posted Image

#97 MantaRay

MantaRay

A Legend

• Members
  • 15,450 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 08:18 PM

I think the Fins went in underestimating the Colts.
IN LOU WE TRUST @Manta04

Posted Image

#98 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 09:46 PM

The secondary cost us this game plain and simple. And the o-line sucked a bag of dicks. Tannehill was decent, no turnovers again which is good, but he missed a couple throws he should have had. All in all though, I can't complain about too much about Tannehill's game today, as he was under siege most of the day thanks to the sh!tty o-line. Jake Long was especially horrible, and is proving we should not pay him anywhere near what he apparently thinks he's worth. The secondary was an absolute sh!t show. Sean Smith was a dumpster fire out there and may have single-handedly cost us the game with his lousy ball skills and stone hands. He and Long should give back their game checks, that's how bad they both were. Frustrating loss, but no time to wallow in the mire as they say. Make sure we take care of business at home next week against a bad Tennessee team.

#99 Daniel

Daniel

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,009 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:03 PM

I was in a noisy bar, but am I correct that the false start at the end of the game was clearly an offside? Also, that was a garbage holding call on the kick return.

Posted Image

#100 MadDog2020

MadDog2020

A Legend

• Members
  • 16,038 posts

Posted 04 November 2012 - 10:21 PM

I was in a noisy bar, but am I correct that the false start at the end of the game was clearly an offside? Also, that was a garbage holding call on the kick return.

. I followed the game on the live gamecast on ESPN.com and the Finheaven game thread on the drive back from Boston today (my dish isn't being re-installed til Wednesday, and there was no way I was making it to the bar in time for a 1:00 kick) so I haven't seen them yet, but by all accounts the false start was horsesh!t and the holding call on the return late was even worse (and that was coming from the people I respect and who I know know the game and offer solid insight over there, and not the yahoo loons that site has crawling around who shouldn't be allowed to watch football by law). I heard the refs were pretty bad today, but it doesn't matter a whole lot when you let the opposing QB throw for 433 and allow them to convert 3rd and longs in pitch and catch fashion.

Edited by MadDog2020, 04 November 2012 - 10:27 PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users