Random Thoughts & Stuff

sammyk

hmm, well its not just height, you want to look at how the wave is breaking and in what form, so less hollow is better, slow rolling, mushy, with a flat face, not hollow caving critical, that will be what you look for later.closer to high tide is what your looking for here

i would say try it straight in a few times to learn how to catch the wave in the white water, even if you are riding along the wave, at some point you will ride it out straight, first you want to learn tip to tail balance on a soft wave, then its heel toe, on a wall.along a wall your leaning into the wave slightly

really paddling is like 50% and learning how to lay balanced and comfortable on the board and holding onto the rails, cause the board and the wave will fight you so dont get discouraged.

make sure you know how deep the water is and it changes alot; also when you fall off your board stay away from it.

Edited by lazer

hmm, well its not just height, you want to look at how the wave is breaking and in what form, so less hollow is better, slow rolling, mushy, with a flat face, not hollow caving critical, that will be what you look for later.closer to high tide is what your looking for here

i would say try it straight in a few times to learn how to catch the wave in the white water, even if you are riding along the wave, at some point you will ride it out straight, first you want to learn tip to tail balance on a soft wave, then its heel toe, on a wall.along a wall your leaning into the wave slightly

really paddling is like 50% and learning how to lay balanced and comfortable on the board and holding onto the rails, cause the board and the wave will fight you so dont get discouraged.

make sure you know how deep the water is and it changes alot; also when you fall off your board stay away from it.

YES! Words!!! No "video only" responses!!!

This is the way someone writes when they honestly understand and really care about what they are discussing!

You make me want to surf!

• 2 weeks later...

NJ.com user comments.....talk about losing faith in humanity and depressing :wacko:

Must be the same 4 or 5 old men with agendas posting their insecurities in every article. The article can be on puppies and ice cream and you can scroll down to the comments and see the most vile, off-topic, agenda-driven, misinformed drivel. Internet comments in general (see Youtube) are just pathetic. Only a matter of time before theyre regulated.

Where is Bulletproof's review of Goon? :saddevil:

HA! Haven't seen it yet! Once it hits Netflix, I'll be sure to ssee and post my thoughts on it just for you all :D

As for reviews, I'm still doing them, just been sloppy about posting them here. I'll start posting again once the summer movie season gets ramped up.

Click here if you want to catch up on my stuff: Link

And that is???

When I was signing on my profile icon was missing and I couldn't see profiles. It seems to work on my home computer though. Maybe it was just my really slow work computer. :noclue: