Beating a dead horse - but attendance rises!

sheeps

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yah, Columbuses run of sellouts ended last year I believe.

Haven't they been selling out this year though? I thought stubbs was asking which clubs were selling games out this year, not a consecutive streak.

I was asking which clubs were selling out.

But noting that Colorado had 420 consecutive sellouts.

CORRECTION, AM ASKING ^

Edited by djstubbs

HSBC looks sooo huge, I think it's the way it was constructed. When I went to a Devils-Sabres game last year, the thing was gigantic, but like I said in another post recently, the way it was constructed it drowns out the noise even worse than the CAA...I mean damn, I've never been to a more quiet arena!

Mr. sheeps, you can start a thread, with the best of intentions, about the Devils' ranking for attendance improving two spots. But it's unrealistic not to expect other posters to pee on the parade.

As for those with the idea that njdevs.com should put a moratorium on these types of threads, I have some advice. Grow some tougher skin.

Oh yeah, sammy, I was going to comment on that as well. There's something like four or five levels there, and it just gets more steep as it rises. Actually, it gets steep pretty quickly, which is pretty crazy. I had nosebleed seats and I was actually a little nervous walking up the steps, I really had the feeling I was going to fall backwards or something.

Of course this made for a very poor view of the game, the players looked like little dots from the top. That's what I love about the CAA -- you can be sitting at the top of the arena and you still have a damn good view, this isn't the case in a few of the arenas.

Bell Centre is beautiful though, that's by far my favorite arena.

I think Anaheim's arena is: 17,174.

I like Arrowhead Pond. It's nice and cozy. I wouldn't mind if they built a similar arena in Newark.

EDIT: :rant:

heh, I always wanted (the new arena) Newark to be modeled after the Air Canada Centre, but that was a few years ago...dunno how I feel about it now...Arrowhead Pond looks nice on TV, haven't been there myself, though. Is it a nice arena?

Oh yeah, sammy, I was going to comment on that as well. There's something like four or five levels there, and it just gets more steep as it rises. Actually, it gets steep pretty quickly, which is pretty crazy. I had nosebleed seats and I was actually a little nervous walking up the steps, I really had the feeling I was going to fall backwards or something.

Of course this made for a very poor view of the game, the players looked like little dots from the top. That's what I love about the CAA -- you can be sitting at the top of the arena and you still have a damn good view, this isn't the case in a few of the arenas.

What's the Bell Centre?

Where is it?

Wow, I just read something that will make you all laugh...

Possibly the worst attendance ever.

3,863 fans at Nassau Coliseum on December 6, 2003.

When chicago visited^.

:rofl::rofl:

Nope, there have been far worse...

Which was the Devils game that attracted only a couple hundred due to the snow storm? They played Calgary that night, correct?

What's the Bell Centre?

Where is it?

Bell Centre = Montreal's arena.

What's the Bell Centre?

Where is it?

Bell Centre = Montreal's arena.

Okay...

;)

When chicago visited^.

Nope, there have been far worse...

Which was the Devils game that attracted only a couple hundred due to the snow storm? They played Calgary that night, correct?

Really?

BTW - The Pepsi Center seats 18,007.

Edited by djstubbs

I think Anaheim's arena is: 17,174.

I like Arrowhead Pond. It's nice and cozy. I wouldn't mind if they built a similar arena in Newark.

EDIT: :rant:

heh, I always wanted (the new arena) Newark to be modeled after the Air Canada Centre, but that was a few years ago...dunno how I feel about it now...Arrowhead Pond looks nice on TV, haven't been there myself, though. Is it a nice arena?

Well I liked it a lot. I thought it was ther right size for the Devils. It had the multiple concourses and whatnot. Also a great selection of food.

It also felt like you were closer to the ice, even on the upper levels. I've heard that was true about ACC, but I've never been there.

Another thing I read somewhere was that they aren't allowed to build arenas like the Pond due to new building codes. I'll hafta hunt that down though.

When chicago visited^.

Try 336(?) for the Devils against Calgary at CAA in a snowstorm. They usually have a reunion once a year usually against Calgary. I wouldn't be surprised if they are at the game Sunday. There is usally some mention of it on the telecast and they are usually listed in groups attending.