sold

3CUPSN9

for a future hall of famer, that is a fair price

Two THOUSAND?!?!?! Wow. Good luck with that, bro.

Not having seen the jersey but based on the player I think he's in the right neighborhood. Parise is going for $2k and Kovy is over $2k on meigray and neither of them are sure fire HOFers yet.

Not having seen the jersey but based on the player I think he's in the right neighborhood. Parise is going for $2k and Kovy is over $2k on meigray and neither of them are sure fire HOFers yet.

You're talking about the Kovalchuk and Parise shirts in terms of MGG "Retail" price. I can't really say that's a good comparison.

This particular shirt was a 1998 Playoff set. The light wear is pretty much inclusive for the amount of games it was worn.

Any lower offer made would probably take all that into consideration.

Edited by SJP20

You're talking about the Kovalchuk and Parise shirts in terms of MGG "Retail" price. I can't really say that's a good comparison.

This particular shirt was a 1998 Playoff set. The light wear is pretty much inclusive for the amount of games it was worn.

Any lower offer made would probably take all that into consideration.

You make a fair point.

I think the point I was making was star players command a decent price (dictated by the buyuer and seller) and Rowdy's comment really brought nothing to the conversation.

You make a fair point.

I think the point I was making was star players command a decent price (dictated by the buyuer and seller) and Rowdy's comment really brought nothing to the conversation.

Well, pardon me for being absolutely gobsmacked that someone would ask two large for a jersey and that others apparently think that's a fair price. Holy crap, it must be nice to be rich.

Don't get me wrong, I'm not against jersey collecting. I've bought jerseys from people on this board, I've even bought jerseys from people in this very thread. (Well, person, but the point stands.) Maybe it was rude or otherwise inappropriate for me to comment, and if so I apologize, but this is getting into a whole 'nother level that most people only dream about. I mean, we've got people on this board who complain about the price of just a regular, off-the-rack jersey. It absolutely blows my mind that the game-worn market can get this lucrative.

Whatever, I'm starting to feel like Pepperkorn so I'm just gonna shut up now.

Like I said, good luck to you. If you can get what you're asking, more power to you.

I can understand how Rowdy feels. I like to collect jerseys too, but I do not have a large budget so I can only pick and choose jerseys that have a lower dollar value.

I went to the MGG expo last year at RVCC and I was hoping to purchase at the very least 1 jersey for about $100. The dealers had pretty much nothing but game worn, and even for the most obscure players the dealers there were asking for at least a couple hundred bucks. I tried to bargain with a few but they just blew me off. I was there towards the end of the day of the expo, and could see that most of the dealers were packing up quite a bit jerseys too so they must have not sold a whole bunch. And what I was mostly looking at were jerseys on the "clearance" racks.

I can understand how Rowdy feels. I like to collect jerseys too, but I do not have a large budget so I can only pick and choose jerseys that have a lower dollar value.

I went to the MGG expo last year at RVCC and I was hoping to purchase at the very least 1 jersey for about $100. The dealers had pretty much nothing but game worn, and even for the most obscure players the dealers there were asking for at least a couple hundred bucks. I tried to bargain with a few but they just blew me off. I was there towards the end of the day of the expo, and could see that most of the dealers were packing up quite a bit jerseys too so they must have not sold a whole bunch. And what I was mostly looking at were jerseys on the "clearance" racks.

Did you go to the MeiGray warehouse after the Expo? You can usually find cheap jerseys there at their half-off summer sale.

Did you go to the MeiGray warehouse after the Expo? You can usually find cheap jerseys there at their half-off summer sale.

Nah I didn't know about it. I was kinda discouraged from the Expo at RVCC so I did not and still do not read all of their emails like I used to. Are they having one again this year? Where is their warehouse? Thank you.

Nah I didn't know about it. I was kinda discouraged from the Expo at RVCC so I did not and still do not read all of their emails like I used to. Are they having one again this year? Where is their warehouse? Thank you.

I only been to the warehouse twice and they are really nice. Its at:

The MeiGray Group

185 Industrial Parkway, Suite C

Branchburg, New Jersey 08876

and the expo information is:

Eighth Annual MeiGray Game-Worn Jersey Expo

Saturday, July 16, 2011 (9 a.m.-4 p.m.)

Raritan Valley Community College Conference Center. Building 11. Route 28 and Lamington Road, North Branch, NJ 08876. Three minutes from MeiGray’s offices in Branchburg … 35 minutes from Newark Airport.

The MeiGray Group

Raritan Valley Community College Conference Center. Building 11. Route 28 and Lamington Road, North Branch, NJ 08876. Three minutes from MeiGray’s offices in Branchburg … 35 minutes from Newark Airport.

Thanks for the info and that is pretty damn close to me. I am not really into the expo but if they have a warehouse sale I might be interested in that instead. When is that usually?

Also, 3CUPS, out of curiosity, did you get the $2k you were asking for?

Thanks for the info and that is pretty damn close to me. I am not really into the expo but if they have a warehouse sale I might be interested in that instead. When is that usually?

Also, 3CUPS, out of curiosity, did you get the $2k you were asking for?

Same day after the expo. The real deal is the jerseys in the back. Last year it was $25 for authentics (05-06/06-07) for a bunch of teams. (No Devs last year.) I put a couple up on ebay and subsidized one of my game worn jerseys.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they will be trying to ditch some of the Edge 1.0s.

They updated the warehouse. They have a catwalk second story above where the NHL jerseys were last year. Much less cramped.

Edited by mac760

Yeah, I'm not really into the Expo either. The main place to buy and look for deals is at the warehouse after the Expo ends.

Same day after the expo. The real deal is the jerseys in the back. Last year it was $25 for authentics (05-06/06-07) for a bunch of teams. (No Devs last year.) I put a couple up on ebay and subsidized one of my game worn jerseys.

Maybe we'll get lucky and they will be trying to ditch some of the Edge 1.0s.

They updated the warehouse. They have a catwalk second story above where the NHL jerseys were last year. Much less cramped.

Cool thank you. Do you need tickets or anything like only people who went to the expo or allowed or any joe schmoe like me can go?

oh and chico resch is supposed to be there too

The MeiGray Group

Thanks for the info. Hopefully will make it to this one this summer. Missed last years expo.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.