2873 replies to this topic

#1941 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:03 AM

I just hope we're not hearing this **** next year when some other big FA goes along with Zajac to Winnipeg for sick cash to turn that team around.

if we dont lock up Zajac between now and June, Zach bolts, and the Jets make the playoffs, I'm already counting Zajac as good as gone.

Then again, i'm also really aggrivated...

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#1942 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:08 AM

Even TG is agree with (some of) "us"... He will end up with Suter in the Minnesota...

Why are his guessing and speculation any better or reliable than anyone else?

When he posts facts thats fine but just looking at his tweet that is just his guess. He doesn't know for sure.

Damn I hope this gets resolved soon as more and more people on here are getting more on edge.

#1943 moustic

moustic

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,623 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:17 AM

Why are his guessing and speculation any better or reliable than anyone else?

When he posts facts thats fine but just looking at his tweet that is just his guess. He doesn't know for sure.

Damn I hope this gets resolved soon as more and more people on here are getting more on edge.

of course he doesn't know for sure.. and it's just guessing & speculation there...
All i was saying is... like lot of us, he starts to have the same feeling.

#1944 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:18 AM

Dreger and LeBrun both expect it to conclude today too.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#1945 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,850 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:19 AM

Is this just a feeling like the last few days or they have something concrete?

#1946 jagknife

jagknife

Assistant Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,439 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:20 AM

Maybe if we start treating these "feelings" like Єklund (2.3% accurate) rumors, we'll all clamor the day we hear nothing...

NewKeeperSig.png of each of Toronto's 6 shots on goal in Game 6

#1947 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:24 AM

Pierre LeBrun ‏@Real_ESPNLeBrun
Happy July 4th to my American friends and followers south of the border. Two great American hockey players set to make their decision today.

Darren Dreger ‏@DarrenDreger
Happy 4th of July. To all following Suter-Parise - Decision 2012, I expect the saga concludes today. Either 1 or 2 teams will be celebrating

LeBrun sounded more confident, Dreger said it was a feeling.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#1948 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:32 AM

I honestly fully expect ZP NOT to sign here.

He will get boo'd by me for the rest of his career.

#1949 HellOnICE

HellOnICE

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,664 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:34 AM

I will boo him November 5th.

#1950 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:45 AM

Andy Strickland @andystrickland

Confirming what most know by now, Zach Parise will sign this afternoon....continues to iron out contract details #NHL

#1951 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,997 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:48 AM

For not picking the Devils. Give me a break. This is the decision and the team that should bring back the least amount of venom. Goes to show my point about it being a lose-lose for Zach all along.

Edited by devilsrule33, 04 July 2012 - 08:49 AM.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1952 Colorado Rockies 1976

Colorado Rockies 1976

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,360 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:49 AM

Why, because he exercised his right to choose a team other than the Devils to play for? When he never had a choice in his NHL career up until now?

And I doubt he'll care much about Devils fans booing him...if he indeed goes to the Wild, he'll have to worry about that a whopping one time a year, unless the Devils and Wild face each other in a SC Final.
THE NHL MUST LOVE THE DEVILS - from who else? A RANGER fan!
[Mark Messier]: A big, bald attention whore with a stupid Easter Island-lookin face. - from who else? DaneykoIsGod!

Even when Marty comes back maybe Larry should put Clemmensen to be on the goal during the shootouts.
Can the coach do that ? Switch the goalies 5 seconds to go in overtime?
- Most priceless quote ever posted on a message board.

Martin Brodeur: THE MOST ALL-TIME WINS!, 12 straight seasons of 30+ wins, 3 Stanley Cups, 4 Vezina Trophies, and zero respect from too many so-called Devils "fans" who are either too young or too bandwagon to remember the much darker days of Sean Burke, Craig Billington, Bob Sauve, Alain Chevrier, and the talented but overwhelmed Chico Resch, among many others.

It's easy to support a great player when he's playing at his very best. It takes a true fan to support that same player during those rare moments and stretches when he's not. Babe Ruth went 0-4 some games, and sometimes Wayne Gretzky was held pointless. There may be such a thing as greatness, but no such thing as absolute perfection every single night.

#30 FOREVER!

20 out of 1,946 njdevs.com members agree: CR1976 is the Most Knowledgable Poster of 2008! Victory is mine...oh yes, victory is mine!

#1953 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,541 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:52 AM

Yeah, if he goes to Minnesota with Suter, I can't be that upset. It's his choice, and while I don't like it, he's not picking Pittsburgh or Detroit - he's taking his hometown team and making it his (and Ryan's).

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

#1954 Mayday

Mayday

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:55 AM

Will DePaoli ‏@TIOPS_DePaoli

#Pens have not been informed they are out on Parise but those in know late last night seemed to feel decision was coming down to Min or NJ.

If this true I'd say 60% for Wild and 40% NJ. I think he signs with Minnesota.

#1955 Satans Hockey

Satans Hockey

A Legend

• Members
  • 10,971 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 08:56 AM

For not picking the Devils. Give me a break. This is the decision and the team that should bring back the least amount of venom. Goes to show my point about it being a lose-lose for Zach all along.

Why, because he exercised his right to choose a team other than the Devils to play for? When he never had a choice in his NHL career up until now?

And I doubt he'll care much about Devils fans booing him...if he indeed goes to the Wild, he'll have to worry about that a whopping one time a year, unless the Devils and Wild face each other in a SC Final.

If he goes to the Wild, after all the talks about "wanting to be on a team that has a chance to win the Cup" after he was our captain on this Devils team that just went to the finals then decides to give that up to go to Minnesota, who sucks and won't be good for anytime soon then it was all a joke.

Truth is, if he goes to the Wild, he just wanted to go home and grab a huge payout. There's nothing wrong with that but don't act like you are going there cause it's your best shot at winning the Cup and don't tell all the fans who showed up to greet the team back from LA "not to worry" when they are chanting please come back.

If Parise signs with the Wild or any other team he can go fvck himself and I wish him nothing but the worst.

Edited by Satans Hockey, 04 July 2012 - 08:56 AM.

#1956 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,180 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:00 AM

If he goes to the Wild, after all the talks about "wanting to be on a team that has a chance to win the Cup" after he was our captain on this Devils team that just went to the finals then decides to give that up to go to Minnesota, who sucks and won't be good for anytime soon then it was all a joke.

Truth is, if he goes to the Wild, he just wanted to go home and grab a huge payout. There's nothing wrong with that but don't act like you are going there cause it's your best shot at winning the Cup and don't tell all the fans who showed up to greet the team back from LA "not to worry" when they are chanting please come back.

If Parise signs with the Wild or any other team he can go fvck himself and I wish him nothing but the worst.

I can't get past that last part. This isn't just Gomez leaving after he was a wanker and floated his way through his last season here anyway. This is the captain of a Finals team taking a hike after bending over backwards to say he wanted to stay for a year and a half, talking with Lou/Marty/etc every day multiple times, etc. Truth is, going to the Wild is only about two things, money and family peer pressure. At least when Nieds left for family I could respect that a lot more cause he took less from the Ducks and was actually playing with his brother. I don't really respect going anywhere for money when the sum of the lowest offer is probably $80-85 million dollars.

But after hearing about how much Zach wants to win and how concerned he was about ownership for him to turn down MULTIPLE contenders' offers probably in excess of $90-100 million to go to the Wild for every last penny and to make JP happy is just incredibly short-sighted.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 04 July 2012 - 09:03 AM.

#1957 njdevil26

njdevil26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,336 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

The Devils drafted him, groomed him, paid him almost 25-30 million dollars so far, made him captain, was two wins away from a cup with the same team that Lou re-signed and brought back for next year (while parise has failed to step up in the playoffs), signed an all world class player in Kovy to add offense which is what Zach has wanted, and during a financial crisis Lou is trying to give everything they have to keep him. This is an organization that is 1000000% committed to keeping Zach and promoting him and paying him and so on.

Sure the Wild are his hometown team technically... he was a Leafs fan growing up so where's the sentimental value? Fact is, he hasn't won DICK for us, he has disappeared in the playoffs time and time again, and if he's going to forget about unfinished business and turn his back on the team putting their head in their own ass and desperately trying to keep him... he can go F himself.

#1958 Mitico12

Mitico12

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,053 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:01 AM

It would be nice if Parise could give me my money back on the jersey I bought with his name on it. Secondly, I'm guessing Mr. Jaime Langenbrunner has something to do with convincing Zach not to stay.

#1959 devilsrule33

devilsrule33

A Legend

• Mod
  • 11,997 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:03 AM

Truth is he goes to the Wild, he just wanted to go home and grab a huge payout. There's nothing wrong with that but don't act like you are going there cause it's your best shot at winning the Cup and don't tell all the fans who showed up to greet the team back from LA "not to worry" when they are chanting please come back.

It's a challenge, but he's up for it. To turn the Wild team around to the great hockey fans of Minny who are his hometown fans would be pretty cool. I bet Fletcher has sold him hard on a good goaltending duo, good talent up front in Koivu, Heatley, Setoguchi and some good young prospects. And the deal was they had to bring in Suter on defense. He obviously thinks they have a great chance to turn things around. Is it the best shot to win the Cup? Of course not. But if he went to Pittsburgh, that be a lot worse for everyone here. If money was of the utmost importance, he would have signed with Minny hours in, when they blew everyone away with an offer.

If you are going to bring up a quote after the Finals...well then I don't know what to tell you. Zach could have said anything, and until you get to July 1st, you have no clue what it's going to be like.

If Zach wants to go home, good for him. Can't blame him one bit. It's an amazing opportunity. It sucks, but the Devils will be alright.

logokx.jpg

"The Stanley Cup has fallen from the Stars. The new millennium has its first Stanley Cup Champion, and it's the New Jersey Devils." Mike Miller calling the Devils winning the Stanley Cup.

"It goes to the captain and then there are handoffs during a skate around the ice" Mike Emrick as Scott Stevens is being presented the Stanley Cup.

#1960 Triumph

Triumph

A Legend

• Mod
  • 27,541 posts

Posted 04 July 2012 - 09:06 AM

It's a challenge, but he's up for it. To turn the Wild team around to the great hockey fans of Minny who are his hometown fans would be pretty cool. I bet Fletcher has sold him hard on a good goaltending duo, good talent up front in Koivu, Heatley, Setoguchi and some good young prospects. And the deal was they had to bring in Suter on defense. He obviously thinks they have a great chance to turn things around. Is it the best shot to win the Cup? Of course not. But if he went to Pittsburgh, that be a lot worse for everyone here. If money was of the utmost importance, he would have signed with Minny hours in, when they blew everyone away with an offer.

If you are going to bring up a quote after the Finals...well then I don't know what to tell you. Zach could have said anything, and until you get to July 1st, you have no clue what it's going to be like.

If Zach wants to go home, good for him. Can't blame him one bit. It's an amazing opportunity. It sucks, but the Devils will be alright.

Right. If he goes there without Suter, I'm on board for the 'cash grab/home' bashers. But if he's trying to make something of his own out there, even with the horrible Mike Yeo as coach and the barely-an-NHL team they've got out there, more power to him.

Minnesota will be dumping some things in the days to come if that's how it ends up, wonder if NJ would be interested

http://drivingplay.blogspot.com - The blog with three first lines

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users