The Schneider and Marty disparity.

Mike Brown

........so your avatar there.......

lol yeah? Go on? 

I must be missing something cause i dont see how an obvious humoristic display of the feeling of WTF (and quite popular feeling around the whole board) about a bunch of his decisions = Me wanting him fired and gone.

Not as if i posted a picture of his head on a stick or Pete as a bum on the street playing spoons with a cup to collect money.

But like i said go on, go on. i simply can't wait to hear it, id hate to have to believe that you're exaggerating 

Edited by SterioDesign

and then sitting lokti as a healthy scratch only to play him the next game due to gio injury, oh the irony.

i never wanted debo fired; his personnel choices are WTF.

i thought we were splitting games for cory and marty but that obviously is not whats going on and it means marty gets buffaLOL

so your playing marty not because hes the better goalie but because hes playing well for his game at his age, yeah cant get on board with that at all.

At some point you'd think one of the guys who's always being benched so Pete's Pets can stay in the lineup would just tell DeBoer how it is. Play me every night or get me the fvck outta here. There have to be some very frustrated guys that have a right to say something.

I don't see who beyond Schneider is in this group.  Josefson is in tonight.  Tedenby is in.  Fayne is in.  Larsson missed 2 games.  Loktionov missed 2 games.  Brunner's missed 3 games.  I can see frustration at ice time, but where does Josefson have the career that he can go tell DeBoer and Lou to fvck off?

Tg And chere tweeting about comments Schneider made this morning goes to show - Pete is fvcking this up.

He is wrong. There is no defense. The gionta thing, there is a plausible if not entirely incorrect reasoning. What he's been doing with the goaltending lately has no defense and he's going to alienate the guy Lou bet on for the future.

It's 3 games, though.  Brodeur was horrible tonight so he will get the night off on Friday, and I think it's possible if Schneider plays well and Brodeur does his now-Brodeur thing that Schneider will start the next non back to back game.

Saying he was horrible tonight is overreacting.  Not one goal can be faulted on him tonight.

A couple were questionable, but even aside from that Marty just looked slow and made a couple of mistakes puckhandling.  There was still no excuse for him playing three games in five days on two coasts.  Not when he's 41 years old and you have a viable alternative that played the best goalie game of the season in LA.

Saying he was horrible tonight is overreacting.  Not one goal can be faulted on him tonight.

That breakaway SH goal was amateur hour. Very weak. Future hall of famer Patrick Dwyer looked like a Devil in a shootout. Competent goalies are able to stop that.

Faulk goal was weak too

We have been watching Brodeur for too long in the later years. Enough with the breaking down which of the goals were his fault or not...debating if which goal he had a chance on.  Great goalies today have a good chance on every shot they face. They are in good position. They move well, and constantly make great saves. We saw that a bit in Toronto when Schneider made a few ridiculous saves. We saw it over and over in LA when Schneider made 34 out of 35 saves -- a game by the way that Brodeur probably hasn't had in quite a few years. That would probably be a 5-1 loss with Brodeur in nets (where we say he was left out to dry and didn't have a chance on any of them).

We have been watching Brodeur for too long in the later years. Enough with the breaking down which of the goals were his fault or not...debating if which goal he had a chance on. Great goalies today have a good chance on every shot they face. They are in good position. They move well, and constantly make great saves. We saw that a bit in Toronto when Schneider made a few ridiculous saves. We saw it over and over in LA when Schneider made 34 out of 35 saves -- a game by the way that Brodeur probably hasn't had in quite a few years. That would probably be a 5-1 loss with Brodeur in nets (where we say he was left out to dry and didn't have a chance on any of them).

I don't think it's unreasonable to say that you want your goalie to make all of the routine saves and sprinkle in a few great saves. If that's the case you're usually in good shape.

Unfortunately marty has been trending to the opposite. He lets in some soft goals (like kanes) and then makes ridiculous saves that he should have no chance on (like the one in overtime in Anaheim)

The real bad thing about that whole DeBoer's decision thing is that we have WAYYYY too many playing stressed cause they know if they fvck up they'll sit for 2-3 games or barely play. You can't play well with confidence in those conditions.

Then you have vets who knows they can pretty much sit in a corner playing flute to the Verizon's ads on the boards and that there won't be any consequences.

Well for a young guy who sees that its extremely frustrating. You keep telling yourself that it's not fair and it's adding up, frustration is accumulating, plus we're not winning a lot so it's really hard to stay in good spirits. 

It's 3 games, though.  Brodeur was horrible tonight so he will get the night off on Friday, and I think it's possible if Schneider plays well and Brodeur does his now-Brodeur thing that Schneider will start the next non back to back game.

Marty thought he played a good game. He says we need to score first.