270 replies to this topic

#21 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 12:11 AM

Untrue, and why not?? Opportunity comes to those who make it, and why shouldn't the guy on top of his game and knowing what's going on have an edge over the guy who has a random number in a waiver list? (hence my team name :P )

and if it's event driven, the first to witness the event SHOULD have an advantage....knowledge is power....

again my other two leagues run like this and no one else cares in those leagues......

And in every other league I've ever been in, waivers exist. There are weekly columns/shows etc dedicate to the waiver wire...
It doesn't matter, we have waivers here... so no sense arguing for them :)

image-300x225.jpg

| 2012 Season | NJDevs FHL Champion | 2013 Season |
| 2014 Season | 

#22 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:08 PM

Soooo... I went to switch QBs and it went through as a free agent transaction. Where are waivers?

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#23 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 23,436 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 02:32 PM

Soooo... I went to switch QBs and it went through as a free agent transaction. Where are waivers?

Why do you guys keep asking about waivers? They don't exist in this league, except when you yourself drop a player (or immediately after the draft for whatever reason), so to prevent collusion. I do find it amusing that three straight Jets got free agent picked up...I still want to see this offense against a GOOD team :P

I am regretting drafting Fitz over Locker and others as my backup in my other league. Kinda regretting passing on the Jets defense here too, but with my luck if I had drafted them they'd be giving up 30 this week lol.

Edited by NJDevs4978, 09 September 2012 - 02:39 PM.

"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

The New Jersey Devils win Stanley Cups everywhere:
-NHL record for most road wins in the playoffs - 10-1 in '95 and 10-2 in '00
-NHL record for most home wins in the playoffs - 12-1 in '03

#24 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 06:25 PM

Frank Gore!!!!!!!!!!!! :wub:
Pay homage to the INCREDIBLE scoring goalie!!!! :-)

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

CRASHER's official list of high stick victims from this forum:
gionta182, devilsfan26 .... WHO'S NEXT??

2005 Fantasy Football League Champion... Bow to my Football knowledge !!!!!!

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

2008 NJDevs Stanley Cup Winner for best overall poster... where's my damn ring?

June 6, 2007... the NHL dies just a little bit.....
.. April 20, 2008...it gets a little better :)

#25 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 09 September 2012 - 10:52 PM

gunna be a real close matchup for me.

#26 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,436 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:11 AM

Is Yahoo having technical difficulties? Everyone's score seems to have gone down since last night.
"The Devils have high standards, that's the difference. We have a standard to live up to every year, and a couple of teams in our area don't have the standards we do." - Pat Burns

#27 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:21 AM

Is Yahoo having technical difficulties? Everyone's score seems to have gone down since last night.

it seems to be....in all 3 leagues (Brian did the math)....touchdowns and yards have been miscalculated, usually they stat correct on Wednesday....the odd thing is stat tracker was exact across the board last night....let them get through tonight and we'll see what's going on with it.....

I saw CRASHER trip a kid on skates and then he stole the kids lunch money and slapped his mom when she came to pick him up.. All because the kid looked at his crease

2003-04 NJDevs.com winner of the Masterton Award for Dedication to the Devils(still proud of that one !)

4, Four (!?!?) Time (2005-2008) NJDevs.com winner of the Whoever the damn Award for the funniest poster in the land is named after...(geesh... post pressure, but I seem ok with it!)
TWO TIME (2005, 2006) Award Winner and the man who can show Jeremy Roenick what a REAL loudmouth is all about.... hell this mouth roars SO loud, they retired the DAMN AWARD!!!! But how do you be emotional about an award for being most emotional when you're sharing it?

#28 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 07:46 AM

From yahoo:

We are aware of the issue where many players are missing stats from yesterday, and we are currently working to resolve it. Thank you for your patience.

#29 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 08:49 AM

Scores are already starting to normalize across the board.
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#30 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 10 September 2012 - 10:02 AM

Yahoo just freaked out when they all the Sworn D post a victory by the 1pm Sunday games... spread the points out boys.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#31 Hi, I'm VALUE!

Hi, I'm VALUE!

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,539 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 09:52 AM

Yahoo's added an automated analysis tool on the "recap" link next to all matchups.

As an example, here's the link from Sworn Defenders' asskicking of Clown
VOTE CRASHER FOR LADY BYNG 2011!

2008 NJDevs Fantasy Football Champion
Co-winner of the 2008-2009 UnderdogX Signature Award (Internet awards = serious business)

Devils Head Coach = More turnover than the Defense Against the Dark Arts post.

"congratulations, Value. Maximum Value was, apparantly, gaurenteed." -Martysb3tt3r

I will not remove this line from my signature until everyone alive realizes that
THE INTERNETS ARE SERIOUS BUSINESS KTHXBYE~!

#32 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 10:03 AM

As cheesy as it is, I love it... it's a nice wrap up.

In my other league I had quite a negative article written up about me even though I lost by 3.5 (but two poor results facing off - would have both lost to almost everyone else)... so I'll take it.

What's missing from this article? Matt Ryan finally delivers for the Sworn D, it likely won't happen again Posted Image

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#33 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,436 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 11:13 AM

I didn't realize Romo was the third highest score of the week lol. Would have had the highest team score with AP, oh well.

My other league is ESPN, I wouldn't even want to read a recap of my 2.8 point loss to the defending champs there. My lead would be 'anyone named Fred (Jackson and Davis) sucked this week' :P I also left Ridley on the bench there because it's a PPR and I only had one other Flex spot I could have put him but now it looks like he's playing there too lol.

#34 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:28 PM

this thing is cheesy but awesome

#35 redruM

redruM

Hockey God

• Members
  • 6,483 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:46 PM

If not for the fact that my 1st & 2nd rounders are hurt maybe I'd have a chacne to win...
Note to self. draft healthy players...
Posted Image

2006 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2006 JHL CHAMPION!!
2005 CHAMPION of the 1st Annual NJDevs Fantasy Wrestling League!!!
2005 Finalist 1st Annual NJDEVS Fantasy Baseball League
2005 Pat Burns Award Winner(Most emotional Poster)
2004 LockOut Trivia CHAMP!!!

Keeper of The original Welcome to Hell Forum, Jimmy Dowd, Brian Rolston, "Christmas Tree" Jersey's and the Original Trade Documents of the FREEZE man!!

BOM U11G Dynamite

Posted Image

#36 NJDevs4978

NJDevs4978

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,436 posts

Posted 11 September 2012 - 02:59 PM

Starting an injured Denairus Moore didn't help, especially with Morris on your bench lol

#37 CRASHER

CRASHER

A Legend

• Members
  • 23,693 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 07:37 AM

Made a mistake in not starting C.J. Spiller, who ranked seventh in the league in scoring and topped his scoring projection by 388.5%, the seventh-highest percentage in the league.

:rofl:

With how he was touting Spiller all off-season, then how he fell off the wagon at the speed of gravity....that's priceless B )

#38 Devils Pride 26

Devils Pride 26

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 5,030 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 09:00 AM

A little help here guys. I'm in a six team league, missed out on one of the three elite guys and drafted big at RB (McCoy, Rice, Charles) even though its a no-flex, two RB league. Rice and McCoy are my starters until one gets hurt or a terrible match up or something.

Not sure who to start at QB this week. I have Peyton, Vick, and Ryan. Leaning to Peyton now cause he's more of a sure thing, seems to have the best match up, and is playing in a dome. Plus, I am going to sit Jennings for Thomas this week at WR with Julio Jones and AJ Green also starting.

I drafted Buffalo SOLELY for the match up with the Jets last week. -2 points. Dropped them, enter New England.

#39 aylbert

aylbert

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 6,328 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 10:59 AM

I have absolutely no experience in 6 man leagues... I can't even fathom how match ups look :)

I'm taking you were the last to take a QB? Brees-Rodgers-Brady.... Newton-Stafford... then you have Eli-Ryan-Romo-Peyton-Vick, etc

I like Matt Ryan over Peyton Manning in the head to head... as I think both will be airing it out. So it's really which side of the matchup you want to be on. Vick is so hit and miss, I wouldn't even want him on my team in a league that small.

Edited by aylbert, 12 September 2012 - 11:00 AM.

image-300x225.jpg

| 2014 Season | 

#40 VivaLaFlamme

VivaLaFlamme

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 440 posts

Posted 12 September 2012 - 02:48 PM

definately Ryan or Manning imo. Honestly, I think Denver has a better defense than Atlanta, but it Is in atlanta..so its really a tossup

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users