• Zubs
    • Moose
    • Marty
    • Elias
    • Arnott
    • Zajac
    • Someone else (name them)
    • Parise (even if he doesnt resign)
    • A rookie just to screw with the vets ;)

Elias this season, but Zach if he resigns FOR SURE.. I can also see 3 A's (or 2, who knows anything is possible this season) because they dont want to give Elias the C if it will be given to someone else next season

Yup, no point in giving the C to anyone and then taking it back when Zach returns. Zach is 100% the captain of this team next season if he resigns.

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think i read on here yesterday that when Langs refused to go out in the shootout it was Zach who convinced him to go out there for the team.

I think his work ethic alone qualifies him to be Captain, but it looks like he can do some talking as well.

I pray he signs long term. I have missed watching him play so much this season.

Zach Parise and I think he will get a longterm deal to stay with the Devils. Lou is not stupid. I wouldn't be suprised if there is a clause in his new contract saying he is the Devils captain until the day his contract expires or the day he retires. Right now will be just the two "A" with Elias and Kovy from what Lemaire has said. Langenbrunner and Elias already said it should be Parise. Elias has already said he does not want the "C" and it should go to Parise. They may wait to see if Parise comes bak in March then he will be the captain. Just have to wait and see.

Edited by SatansDevils

I think they stick with two A's the rest of this season, perhaps give a 3rd A for the hell ofit to a d-man. Probably Whitey.

This team isn't performing well at all obviously, why tag someone as the captain of this crap.

Elias is the obvious one who would deserve the C if they felt a Captain was needed today.

Long term plan is for Parise to be the Captain. Don't F with Elias giving him the C just to take it away from him before next season begins.

- Hopefully the captaincy means something to Parise and it's a nice perk to re-signing.

I think you should give the 'C' to Elias or White for the reminder of the season...I voted for White because he was the favorite to wear it once Langs was benched. Elias has basically been our captain even though he has no recognition for it. I don't even believe that Kovy deserves an 'A' because he hasn't been here that long and I think that him wearing the 'A' is someone throwing him a bone and it's pathetic. That 'A' should belong to White.