[Official] Damien Brunner signed to multi-year deal

caron14

That would be "Ay dios mio" or "dios mio". "Oh my God" and "my God", respectively.

I was wondering what he was going for..."my goodbye" wasn't making much sense to me.

It was the same. 2 years 5 mil. 

Then Brunner is probably very happy.  Lou had most of the leverage here...probably could've signed him for 2 years at $4 mil or $4.5 mil, but I think Lou really likes him. 

He had 10 goals and 16 points thru his first 19 games, then two goals and 10 points the rest of the season (25 games...had a shooting% of 3.5 in that time), but five in the playoffs (shot 16.1% in 14 GP...he was clearly due to bounce back from the 25-game, 3.5 shooting% funk).  It's an interesting signing for sure.  Seems like a reasonable $5 million risk.    

thing is what do we trade for? we have too many forwards and Dman already lol would be great to somehow pack a deal getting us a first round pick from a team who would sh!t the bed and get a top pick lol

one can dream...

Very easy, young offensive prospects. One or two of our forwards and one of our D-men can fetch a few good kids for the farm...

Then Brunner is probably very happy.  Lou had most of the leverage here...probably could've signed him for 2 years at $4 mil or $4.5 mil, but I think Lou really likes him.

Lou likes him and Elias REALLY likes him. Anything that can get the best value out of Elias' last few years was worth it, and Brunner may end up being that piece.

Works for me  :lol:

I have had the toughest freakin time trying to figure that out, and I have no idea.  It used to just be <media> tags, but apparently that's no longer the case.

The media tags are surrounded by [ ] not <> :)

If this has already been answered, sorry.  I haven't read the entire thread yet.

Edited by StarDew

oh my bad douche bag.. sorry I was at work and glancing threw quickly.. obviously I missed the one other post above mine that was posted at the same exact time with the details of the contract

There were 5 posts on that page before your post that included more detail on what the contract was. You asked a question, I answered it. Don't want stupid answers, don't ask stupid questions.

There were 5 posts on that page before your post that included more detail on what the contract was. You asked a question, I answered it. Don't want stupid answers, don't ask stupid questions.

you didnt answer the question that was asked actually. . You tried to be a smart ass by asking another question looking to be a douche bag... which is what I called you.

everyone seems to like this signing......havent read one negative post about it ...yet

It's a little bit of a conundrum for me, because I'm happy with it; as long as he stays a bottom six player, but at the same time, a player that plays his kind of game, is going to have a tough time playing with a bottom six, especially ours. I'm not trying to be negative here, it just seemed like you asked for some negative feedback lol. On the flip side, if he's our only forward that doesn't play a tough, physical game (and it looks like he will be) and his skill carries him through the season, I'll be happy about it.

It was the same. 2 years 5 mil. 

no, detroit made offer of 2.7 and 2.8 (5.5) for 2 years. and brunner said no.

thing is what do we trade for? we have too many forwards and Dman already lol would be great to somehow pack a deal getting us a first round pick from a team who would sh!t the bed and get a top pick lol

one can dream...

Volchenkov, gionta (Gillis likes italian(is he Italian?) players) and some onesh!t else for Bo Horvat =-)

...but capgeek doesn't agree

one can dream...   

Edited by Guadana