Top Ten Bands!

Nedved 4 President

By the way when was the last time you were at the ESPN boards. I owe ya for giving me the link to this site. I wonder if Sarge and Sue ever go back to that board. Good old ESPN with Bostondevil. The fights between Nightpuck and Rob(in). So many more that slip my mine. What about the famous bite me thread where Sarge, you that Flyers fan guy thats name also slips my mine(something with a k) would talk about anything and everything. Mostly about food. Wendys!! I am sure Sarge and Sue remember all that too.

heh, I lurk there, post every once and a while. Sue still posts there, Sarge every once and a while. A lot of the regulars seem to have disappeared though, but D1 is still there along with BD and arnie. CrazyChick is still there under a different name now. Oh, and Kimi too, but I dunno how frequently he posts.

bkmayer is the Flyers fan you're thinking of, Idunno if he's around anymore.

heh, Iremember the fast food talks about Wendys, KFC, PIZZA, etc. The Bite Me thread ruled all. :lol:

PineBarron went psycho though, it's really weird. He's such a freak now....I mean...wow!

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

heh, I do like FSF better without Chris though, How to Start a Fire is a kickass album.

I recently picked up SoCo's new album, it's definitely not as good as Leaving Through the Window. They really altered their sound, less piano and more guitars. I dunno, maybe I'll get into it more, but it just doesn't sound like them.

I adore the New Amsterdams, the Get Up Kids sideproject. You listen to any of TNA's stuff?

I still gotta go with my love for alexisonfire, Beloved, The Beautiful Mistake, Funeral For a Friend, and From Autumn To Ashes.

Gotta love NOFX though, can't go wrong with their music, old school or the new stuff. Loving it!

I just downloaded a Christmas Punk comp., it's pretty good. Has some stuff from SoCo, Fall Out Boy, MBR, Saosin, TBM, Gatsbys, Acceptance, and bunch of other bands...good stuff.

Have you heard of Story of the Year?

Wow, I hate FSF without Chris in it, the vocals are kind of.... yawn.

I have to get SoCo's new CD, I loved Space since the moment I've heard it.

I still haven't listened to them yet, you reccomended them to me awhile ago, but I still haven't gotten around to dling some stuff.

I don't really like FATA that much, and I've never listened to the other bands you've posted.

I LOVE NOFX! do you have the ten years of f-cking up video? There's some really cool footage on it. PLus the videos for stickin in my eye and another song(haven't listened to them in awhile)

Never heard story of the year, what do they sound like?

Wow, I hate FSF without Chris in it, the vocals are kind of.... yawn.

I have to get SoCo's new CD, I loved Space since the moment I've heard it.

I still haven't listened to them yet, you reccomended them to me awhile ago, but I still haven't gotten around to dling some stuff.

I don't really like FATA that much, and I've never listened to the other bands you've posted.

I LOVE NOFX! do you have the ten years of f-cking up video? There's some really cool footage on it. PLus the videos for stickin in my eye and another song(haven't listened to them in awhile)

Never heard story of the year, what do they sound like?

I never really liked FSF when Chris was in it, it just didn't do anything for me. I really like the lyrics, the style of the music. Come on, you don't like Pride War? You HAVE to like Pride War!

Space is good, but the album itself...I dunno. Leaving Through the Window or even Ready...Break were just GREAT, but North really took out a lot of the piano, it just doesn't have that unique sound. Or even the "fun" type of deal they were going for like with Drunk Girl or If U C Jordan. The whole album is is a bunch of love songs, some of them are really odd at that. Maybe I'll get into it more.

Yes, PLEASE check out The New Amsterdams, it's incredible music. SPIN even rated Worse For Wear, gave the abum an A+ or something like that, I forget exactly the grading system but they were saying it was a masterpiece and whatnot. You can't go wrong with any of the stuff, whether it's anything off of WFW, Para Toda Vida or Never You Mind.

FATA is good stuff IMO, then again, I just love any form of screaming. NOFX rules all, I've been a fan of them for YEARS. My brother got me into them a looooong time ago, and I just fell in love.

Story of the Year is simply GOOD STUFF. They really mix it up, there's some hard stuff, some slower stuff, fast stuff, pretty much it all. The vocals are very good, too. Listen to Until The Day I Die, it's on mp3.com, I think.

Am I the only one here that likes Type O Negative?

I was really into them during the "Slow, Deep And Hard" and "Bloody Kisses" days. Never cared much for "October Rust" and heard only a few songs off "World Coming Down" (that was the 4th album, right?).

The few songs I've heard off the new one, though, sound pretty good. Worth getting?

I was really into them during the "Slow, Deep And Hard" and "Bloody Kisses" days. Never cared much for "October Rust" and heard only a few songs off "World Coming Down" (that was the 4th album, right?).

The few songs I've heard off the new one, though, sound pretty good. Worth getting?

WCD is their 4th album, that's my favorite one, Peter let's all the demons out in that one.

"Life is Killing Me" is their 5th one, I'm not to fond of it yet, but it's starting to grow on me. It's more of an upbeat Type O Negative. (never thought I'd put that in a sentence). But it's diffently worth getting.

I couldn't get into to Slow, Deep, and Hard at all though. The drummer from that album (Sal) went on to join Life of Agony, another Brooklyn based band. That's another one I recommend.

Edited by JesterDevil

WCD is their 4th album, that's my favorite one, Peter let's all the demons out in that one.

"Life is Killing Me" is their 5th one, I'm not to fond of it yet, but it's starting to grow on me. It's more of an upbeat Type O Negative. (never thought I'd put that in a sentence). But it's diffently worth getting.

I couldn't get into to Slow, Deep, and Hard at all though. The drummer from that album (Sal) went on to join Life of Agony, another Brooklyn based band. That's another one I recommend.

I've only heard two songs off the new one, but I thought they were good. One was called "I Don't Wanna Be Me." (I also saw the video for it on MTV2 one night.)

"Slow, Deep And Hard" was right up my alley. Well, the fast parts, anyway. I liked Pete's first band, Carnivore.

Yeah, I'm familiar with LOA. I saw 'em a few times, once actually with Type O Negative. I liked a few other Brooklyn bands back in the day (Biohazard, Sheer Terror, Merauder).

I'm a huge Dashbaord fan. Most of their stuff is acoustic, just to let you know. Here's some of my favorite songs:

Terpintine Chaser

The Swiis Amry Romance

Age Six Racer

Standard Lines

Bitter Pill

Best Deceptions

Hands Down

Bend and not Break

And if you want to hear a really good song by another good band, dl one of these songs by Further Seems Forever:

The Brandley

Just Until Sundown

Pictures of Shorelines

some other bands that can be classified as emo: Get up Kids, Something Corporate, Saves the Day, Further Seems Forever, Bright Eyes.... the list goes on, it's a very broad genre.

Just a couple of these. Curious what EMO, is.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone here like CKY? I've known about them for a long time, and had most of their songs on my computer. I just bought their CD, Infiltrate, destroy, rebuild yesterday, one of the best purchases I've made in awhile. Next time I go I'm gonna get their older CD volume one, and I'll order volume 2 from somewhere since my record store doesn't seem to ever have them in. I will also have some demos of my songs up within the next week incase any of you are interested. I know RD said she would be interested in hearing some of my songs.

Oh and RD, I also bought how to start a fire, but it's a christmas gift from my grandparents, so i have to wait til then. I've heard most of the songs though. Now I'll really be able to tell if I like Chris or Jason better.