NFL Week 4!!

CRASHER

Honest to god I've never seen a season with so many mediocre to BAD teams.

There just aren't that many good teams. Certainly, a few solid teams, but none that stand out. Houston is 4-0, but they haven't beaten anyone. Atlanta is 4-0, and should have lost to the Panthers.

The Patriots and Packers aren't wowing anyone anymore. The Ravens and Steelers defenses are past their prime.

Billy Cundiff is so horrible.

There just aren't that many good teams. Certainly, a few solid teams, but none that stand out. Houston is 4-0, but they haven't beaten anyone. Atlanta is 4-0, and should have lost to the Panthers.

The Patriots and Packers aren't wowing anyone anymore. The Ravens and Steelers defenses are past their prime.

The Niners belong in the Houston/Atlanta group. Last week's loss aside, they are still one of the best teams in the league.

Edited by nmigliore

I'm still trying to figure out what the Patriots are. The next few weeks should help to answer that question, though that D is still a problem. If the Pats really want to estabilsh themselves as an elite team, I think they really have to win all three games, though I'd be happy with two, especially if one of them comes against the Jets.

Good news for the Pats is that they don't really have to be THAT good to win the division. Bills are never going to next level with Ryan Fitzpatrick as their QB (now has 16 career INTs in 6 GP against the Patriots), Jets are just one of those teams that seems to be cursed no matter what they do (they are the gridiron Mets), and Miami doesn't really scare me. 9 or 10 wins might be all it takes to win the East.

Manta will blow up the Ravens, but I'm still trying to figure them out as well. Beating the Pats was huge for them though...tiebreakers are always crucial, and Baltimore earned a big one there.

Real refs mess up in Green Bay game: called Sproles down by contact on a clear fumble. Poor Green Bay, again.

and you guys wondered why I was so against them :P

this Miami/Arizona game may have THE WORST PLAYED GAME EVER by a QB with 400+ yards passing :blink:

Looks like Tampa might have to bully the kneel down again.....frakking bag of douche...... :rant:

Cundiff squeaked a 41-yarder through the uprights in a crazy finish in Tampa Bay; probably saved his job for at least another week with that. RGIII continues to shine....

I watched the finish in Carolina/Atlanta earlier... Newton can keep them in games but Carolina's defense is a joke. They had the upset pulled on Atlanta before Ryan, backed up in his own endzone when throwing the ball, somehow found Roddy White 50+ yards down the field, which ultimately set up the game-winning field goal.

The Lions look like sh!t; 1-3 despite a soft start to their schedule.

Arizona is 4-0, but I'm still not buying it yet.... seems like they win tons of close games.

Huge win for Green Bay in a game in which they almost got screwed (again) by the refs. New Orleans, as they probably were last week anyway, are done.

Edited by nmigliore

Billy Cundiff is so horrible.

The Niners belong in the Houston/Atlanta group. Last week's loss aside, they are still one of the best teams in the league.

They are a very solid team, but the Vikings loss shows their issues. When they fall behind, they are not playing in their comfort zone at all. Alex Smith is not going to win them many games. Still not sure he is the guy that can lead them to the dance.

They are a very solid team, but the Vikings loss shows their issues. When they fall behind, they are not playing in their comfort zone at all. Alex Smith is not going to win them many games. Still not sure he is the guy that can lead them to the dance.

They fell behind because their run defense failed them for one week, the odds on that happening again is quite slim....the Niners do have the lead to come back from 7-10 points, any more then that and ANY team is going to have problems regardless of their offensive personnel

LOL at the late-game coaching in this game. Giants totally burned themselves trying to throw the ball when they were within good field goal range and even had some time to grind out a few extra yards on the ground; what the hell were they thinking? There's just no purpose to throwing the ball there; run it, spike it with less than 10 seconds to go, and kick the winning field goal. And then on the other side you have Andy Reid pulling the icing-the-kicker bullsh!t (which is a proven failure) and almost costs HIS team the game.

Edited by nmigliore

Games like this expose the myth of Eli Manning and how overrated the giants are. Horrible pick in the endzone...the drive where they scored to make it 17-16 he was hitting WIDE OPEN receivers with no defenders within 6-8 yards (credit the guys that actually get open unlike Jets receivers) last drive of the game his receivers drew 2 huge PI penalties (one legit, the other complete BS) not sure if he even completed a pass on that drive. But Barden got greedy and ended up knocking them on the brink of FG range, and Tynes just doesn't have a powerful enough leg to make that

And the Eagles aren't even that good. But McCoy ate them up on the ground and Vick wasn't bothered at all by the Giants speed rushers.

Edited by '7'

The Giants Dline at this point is just a bunch of ego's and it pisses me off. Osi can get lost for all I care.

As for the second PI call, yes the contact was within five yards BUT once the ball is in the air that doesn't matter, hands off. The contact was enough to effect Barden's attempt at catching the ball, therefore penalty.

Didn't see the second half, which apparently was the whole game.

Snopsis that I heard, Eagles game plan to subdue Giants pass rush and wear out the front line by running McCoy at the edge paid off handsomly as the game wore on. Eli, with the exception of one throw was brilliant in the second half.

End result the Eagles controlled the clock and kept a tired Giants D on the field.

Just waiting on the Crasher report for week #5

My work schedule looks light....for once.....it shouldn't be last minute again....I hope....

I love these Thursday night games since it forces Crasher to step his game up. :burn:

This is even WORSE....because while yes this is a good game tomorrow, this has the WHO CARES feel of some Rutgers Bowl Game to it on a Thursday Night...even NFL Network don't wanna hype it, they even put Hornswoggle's dad on fraking mothballs!!!

He writes better when he is cranky anyway,

You have no idea how hard it is to force yourself to be cranky somedays :P

Least Monday Night helped with that.... :rant: