• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Livan Hernandez vs Joba Chamberlain

Fernando Nieve (or Nelson Figueroa) vs Andy Petitte

Johan Santana vs AJ Burnett

With this Mets lineup, Yankees 2/3.

Yeah, Mets win one of these at best. Livan's got the kind of stuff that's going to get clobbered by a lineup like the Yankees'. Pretty hard to feel terribly good about Nieve as well.

Santana gets it done or it's a sweep.

I think we'll know immediately how well this series will go with either team based on the first inning of tonight's game.

The unknown of TBA (likely Nieve) scares me a little, but I think the Yankees should make some runs off of him. If the story of the 2009 Yankees is as people are painting it right now, the Yankees should get owned by Santana/K-Rod in game 3. It's Livan and Joba that is more or less the "rubber game."

Damon out for Game 1. Lineup for NYY:

Jeter

Swisher

Texeira

A-Rod

Posada

Matsui (DH)

Cano

Cabrera

Gardner

Not that past numbers mean crap, but aside from the rookie Gardner, the batting averages vs. Livan, under small sample sizes, are between .333 and 1.000. Swisher has 11 AB vs. Livan and is hitting .445.

Cora, ss

Martinez, lf

Beltran, cf

Wright, 3b

Church, rf

Sheffield, dh

Murphy, 1b

Schneider, c

Castillo, 2b

Hernandez, rhp

re - Hernandez : opposing batting average against is .294 this year, .342 in 2008, and .345 in 2007..basically -- he gives up hits, its no surprise the yankees have great batting averages against.. although i am very worried about a-rod being .625 with 3 homers 16 AB off of Livan.. WOW. If you play that MLB Beat the Streak (hitting streak) fantasy game at mlb.com you definitely should put a-rod down as a guy to get a hit tonight.

Edited by nmigliore

unbelievable.... i am not shocked they blew the save (how can you be? although krod deserves NO blame for that), but the WAY they blew it, IS JUST WHY THE METS ARE THE METS.

a-rod should join the mets too, hes just as big as a choker...

Edited by nmigliore

Castillo, you heartless, gutless, useless piece of sh!t. Go fvck yourself! Way to let your team down. Guess you won't have to wonder anymore why every Met fan hates your fvcking guts. I'll have to choke back my vomit everytime I see your sorry disgraceful ass emerge from the dugout form here on out. The best thing about going to Citifield is that I'll get to boo you heartily. fvcking scumbag.

Castillo, you heartless, gutless, useless piece of sh!t. Go fvck yourself! Way to let your team down. Guess you won't have to wonder anymore why every Met fan hates your fvcking guts. I'll have to choke back my vomit everytime I see your sorry disgraceful ass emerge from the dugout form here on out. The best thing about going to Citifield is that I'll get to boo you heartily. fvcking scumbag.

make that 2 times somebody drops a pop up... delgado did it but k-rod saved his ass... this one was worse though... holy hell

fvck the subway series, i really am not watching any more of these games.. until the mets play better (and i mean like, tie for first place or get in first) or the GM actually wakes up... for now i just cant be bothered to waste my time with these losers. ugh, NOW i finally see why joe beningo is so negative and often says "only the mets!" .... hes right. only the fvcking mets...

Edited by nmigliore

make that 2 times somebody drops a pop up... delgado did it but k-rod saved his ass... this one was worse though... holy hell

fvck the subway series, i really am not watching any more of these games.. until the mets play better (and i mean like, tie for first place or get in first) or the GM actually wakes up... for now i just cant be bothered to waste my time with these losers. ugh, NOW i finally see why joe beningo is so negative and often says "only the mets!" .... hes right. only the fvcking mets...

I see your new avatar reflects your feelings about the Mutts :P

Theeeeeeese little town blues....are melting away.....

Junior Varsity is too good for the Mets, that was little league at the end there.

Rivera is starting to worry me, but what an ending!

We both know if Castillo had caught that ball you'd be nowhere to be found Freddy Frontrunner. At least guys like nmig and me show up win or lose.

I see your new avatar reflects your feelings about the Mutts :P

funniest part -- i have been using this since LAST night.. you would think i just added it after what just happened... sadly, my senses knew there would be MANY more times in which the avatar would resemble how i feel when watching this team.

We both know if Castillo had caught that ball you'd be nowhere to be found Freddy Frontrunner. At least guys like nmig and me show up win or lose.

A-Rod pops up a 3-1 pitch, I actually find that more hilarious than Castillo's dropped ball

A-Rod pops up a 3-1 pitch, I actually find that more hilarious than Castillo's dropped ball

The way Michael Kay was hyping him up at that point you would have thought that A-Rod was Mr. Clutch. I really loathe all Yankees announcers. And I'm a Yanks fan, too.

The way Michael Kay was hyping him up at that point you would have thought that A-Rod was Mr. Clutch. I really loathe all Yankees announcers. And I'm a Yanks fan, too.

ugh I hate the YES crew, such homers.. at least with Cohen he isn't really a homer (even though hes a Mets fan).. i know if that was ME calling that last play, I would have just gotten up and left the damn booth.

There really are no words. As I saw him looking shakier and shakier I was saying "Don't even tell me..."

Omar needs to go, as does Jerry, as do some of the players. As long as this bunch stays relatively intact, this kind of nonsense will continue. They'll occasionally put it together long enough to have us hopeful, but this team doesn't know how to win and seems to be incapable of learning.

There really are no words. As I saw him looking shakier and shakier I was saying "Don't even tell me..."

Omar needs to go, as does Jerry, as do some of the players. As long as this bunch stays relatively intact, this kind of nonsense will continue. They'll occasionally put it together long enough to have us hopeful, but this team doesn't know how to win and seems to be incapable of learning.

Johan, K-Rod, Wright and Reyes need to stay. Outside of that, everyone is expendable. Considering Wright and Reyes arent making all that much, I have absolutely no idea where all of the money is going. Delgado is done after this year, no? There's no one outside of those 4 players that can even be used as trade bait except F-Mart.

i should have kept my 'fundamentals' statement in my sig, at least it was working :rolleyes:

ugh I hate the YES crew, such homers.. at least with Cohen he isn't really a homer (even though hes a Mets fan).. i know if that was ME calling that last play, I would have just gotten up and left the damn booth.

I actually like the Mets crew. My dad's a Mets fan, so I know more than enough about the Mets...I root for them unless they're playing the Yanks.

A few points on yesterday's game:

1) I didn't watch the 9th inning, but I followed on my BB, and for a second I actually thought A-Rod did something of worth in a clutch situation. I should have known better.

2) Before last night, I never really saw the problem with Castillo. He was an all-right 2B who didn't bat well and had speed. Is that kind of play typical of Luis' Mets career?

3) I am seriously worried about the Yanks' starting pitchers. They've turned in 3 crappy performances out of the last four games. They're going to tax the bullpen to the limit and the BP will be dead by year-end. Burnett and someone from Pettite/Wang/Joba has to step up and give some good outings. It's inexcusable for Joba to blow 100 pitches in 4 innings.

All in all, we should have lost, and I feel bad for the Mets fans on that board for what happened last night.

EDIT: Also, the WFAN Mets broadcast crew is the biggest pair of schills I have ever heard. I couldn't listen to them while I was in my car.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Well A-Rod did invent the game-winning popup last night :rolleyes:

I was watching it, hunched over and ready to jump on the one hand but on the other seeing how shaky Castillo was, knowing this was the Mets I subconsciously felt something was about to happen. More that he would slip, someone would run into him or the ball would blow away from him though, I didn't think the wanker would actually drop it. He just choked, plain and simple - you could tell from the way he was going back he was thinking 'oh my god I'd better catch it'.

The funny part is listening to all the other fans talk about the play, I must have been the only one actually watching it. Everyone else it seemed like was peeling out, going to the bathroom or looking down once A-Rod hit it. I did feel like going into a Joe Benigno 'Oh the pain!' schtick afterward :P

2) Before last night, I never really saw the problem with Castillo. He was an all-right 2B who didn't bat well and had speed. Is that kind of play typical of Luis' Mets career?

His only problem defensively (especially last year) was his lack of range. This year he's actually been a step quicker and gotten to balls he wasn't getting to last year. He did have one bad error a few weeks back where he airmailed a throw I think and then slammed his glove after the inning was over. But a popup is different...I would have honestly been less surprised if Beltran dropped a fly, he's already been involved in a few miscues in CF this year.

The real funny part was this almost happened to the Mets a few weeks ago when Delgado dropped that popup in the ninth against the Braves and K-Rod had to hold on by a fingernail to keep from blowing that game. Jerry must have had them going for icecream when he claimed he was working on fundamentals in ST.

Edited by Hasan4978

I actually like the Mets crew. My dad's a Mets fan, so I know more than enough about the Mets...I root for them unless they're playing the Yanks.

yeah the exact same thing for me. Me always says he tried to raise me right and i just didnt listen. And I also root for the Mets when they dont play the yankees