Solving the Penalty Kill

Neb00rs

It certainly has not been.  Obviously not playing Gionta would be helpful (this is where the Devils are missing Mathieu Darche, who would've at least been able to keep Gionta off the PK)

Saying "certainly," here is a bit silly. I appreciate your micro-analysis of the game Triumph - always have but the evidence weighs completely contrary to the opinion that forces of nature are making our PK poor. I 100% agree that Gionta has to leave the PK. He adds space in the defensive zone.

Don't play Gionta.   That kill was perfectly fine until Gionta couldn't get the clear with everyone in the corner.     Shot still should have been stopped, but it shouldn't have happened.

There was also no reason Josefson had to drift over to the right boards practically breathing on Gionta either, leaving the point wide open after the clear was blocked.

Saying "certainly," here is a bit silly. I appreciate your micro-analysis of the game Triumph - always have but the evidence weighs completely contrary to the opinion that forces of nature are making our PK poor. I 100% agree that Gionta has to leave the PK. He adds space in the defensive zone.

You could put 4 actual minor leaguers out for the PK and you wouldn't expect them to do as poorly as NJ has the last 9 games.  They're not playing well, but they are not catching a break at all.

You could put 4 actual minor leaguers out for the PK and you wouldn't expect them to do as poorly as NJ has the last 9 games.  They're not playing well, but they are not catching a break at all.

I obviously agree with the first part. But I don't understand what break you want them to catch. Such consistent and consecutive bad luck is nearly improbable at this point; you said it yourself, this goes back to last playoffs. The Jets scored on the first PP thanks to a series of weak plays in our zone. We played a little better on the next PP and killed it off.

Edited by Neb00rs