Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:07 AM

So what happened to Dinosaur BBQ? Seems to have come to a halt

Season Ticket Holder since '08 - '09
Section 226 - Row 2 - Seats 15 and 16

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#342 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 03:01 AM

So what happened to Dinosaur BBQ? Seems to have come to a halt

They still have a banner up for it on their webpage. I shot their general comment page a question asking about an opening date so we'll see if they write back.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#343 Copper Kettle

Copper Kettle

Rookie Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 424 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 07:21 AM

FWIW

Dinosaur is slated to open a restaurant at 224-226 Market St., in Devils Plaza, across from the Prudential Center, in March 2012. The restaurant will also have a liquor license and will offer more than 24 craft beers on tap; the Newark location will be its first outside of New York

#344 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 09:24 AM

Dino's been moving along, there have been workers there everyday. I think they were getting alot of structural work out of the way and it looks like they opted to connect the building next door :unsure: as well. They brought in all new electrical service and gas (to be expected with a restaurant that big, (they had to do the same for loft and Edison Ale). I am just wondering if they are going to start on the apartments upstairs as well...

#345 Devils731

Devils731

A Legend

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 17,482 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 11:17 AM

They're still looking at March. They said the smokers should arrive soon to install.
Your unconditional rejection of violence makes you smugly think of yourselves as noble, as enlightened, but in reality it is nothing less than abject moral capitulation to evil. Unconditional rejection of self-defense, because you think its a supposed surrender to violence, leaves you no resort but begging for mercy or offering appeasement.

-Terry Goodkind

Sex Panther cologne -- 50 percent of the time, it works every time.

-Anchorman

The best time to plant a tree is 20 years ago. The second best time is now.

-Anonymous

Keeper of Section 212-213's wayward step

#346 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 28 October 2011 - 12:35 PM

Alright cool cause I had walked by there during the day several time and didn't see anyone or any changes, so I was extremely worried that this had fallen through.. I'll probably wind up eating here a lot on non-game days as well as before home games

devildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gifdevildance.gif

#347 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 02:23 PM

Ya I have to say that it's been pretty cool to watch the transformation that block has going on. I am excited to see that hotel get completed to assist with a sort of 24/365 crowd for the street.

#348 devlman

devlman

Head Coach

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,917 posts

Posted 31 October 2011 - 08:31 PM

Finally went to bellos. Good bar, great selection of brews. I'd imagine its packed on gamenights.

#349 Dead

Dead

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,894 posts

Posted 31 December 2011 - 02:14 PM

Colin no I didnt make it to get a burger. :(. Wife made better plans, which i could not say no to. Besides ribs are better:)

Stationed @ The Rock   Devils!!! :devil: :gd: :devil:
gallery_47_36_882.pngSection 114 & Kovy's Second Contract

#350 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 07 January 2012 - 08:22 AM

Dead, just seeing that makes me salvate for Dino BBQ...mmm ribs

#351 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 12:52 PM

Does anyone know if Krugs Tavern is open? They were doing renovations and were closed when we went before the Blues game

#352 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 02:27 PM

They aren't and I drove all the way there.. Thanks Krugs for not updating your website or even putting a sign out front

#353 cj241

cj241

Albany Devil

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 216 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 03:28 PM

They aren't and I drove all the way there.. Thanks Krugs for not updating your website or even putting a sign out front

It says it's was closed on their website until the 18th...maybe with today being a holiday they decided not to open. You should have called over there first.

#354 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 05:12 PM

It says it's was closed on their website until the 18th...maybe with today being a holiday they decided not to open. You should have called over there first.

I did but the line is off the hook, so I gambled thinking maybe they just didn't have the phones up yet but were still open.. Funny thing is that the lights were on and the side door was open so by all accounts it appears open.. Seems kinda dumb to not change your website either if the renovation is going over schedule

#355 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 20 February 2012 - 10:39 PM

Krugs is old school family style restaurant probably forget they even have a website

#356 Colin226

Colin226

Hall of Famer

• Contributor
  • 6,201 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 02:55 PM

Krugs is old school family style restaurant probably forget they even have a website

Lol well why would they put that renovations were from the 6th to the 18th and not update that things got delayed? Hell, they didn't even put a sign on their door

For all who care, the reopen tomorrow.. I got official word on that.. I'll probably try to go Sunday before the 1pm game

#357 newarkdev01

newarkdev01

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 897 posts

Posted 21 February 2012 - 08:14 PM

ya it was a long time coming

#358 Devils Dose

Devils Dose

All-Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,124 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 01:48 PM

For those who have been by the construction site, you just knew that Dinosaur BBQ would not be open in a month. I went on their facebook page today and saw that they're "looking to open around the 3rd week of April" now. So 2 months to go, if all goes well. We'll have to hope that the Devils are still in it by then.
Season Ticket Holder since Jan.2009
Section 226 Row 2 Seats 15-16

#359 Marv4Life

Marv4Life

Senior Devil

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 958 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 02:03 PM

I was there last Friday and they just finished the roof and still were working on installing the windows so uh, yeah. Sounds about right. No way they'd be done by March. Shoulda just demolished the whole thing and started from scratch like they did with Loft47 on Edison Place.

#360 DevsMan84

DevsMan84

Hall of Famer

• Members
  • 7,904 posts

Posted 22 February 2012 - 04:04 PM

I was there last Friday and they just finished the roof and still were working on installing the windows so uh, yeah. Sounds about right. No way they'd be done by March. Shoulda just demolished the whole thing and started from scratch like they did with Loft47 on Edison Place.

Agreed. That March deadline they put on Dinosaur always seemed extremely optimistic to me. Oh well I'd rather wait and have it done right than open in a rush and have it sh!tty.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users