Game 4 GDT: Devils @ Flyers 7:30 EST

Devil Fan

For as horrendous the power play has been, it would be a helluva time for them to score and tie this up. It may not technically be a must win but I don't see how the Devils win this series without winning this game. Gotta take the 3rd Devils!

devils do play strong third perids.

Gonna be rooting like crazy!

• Replies 594
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

This is Devils/Hurricanes 2009 all over again. Last postseason showed the Devils were too slow on D...Lou did nothing to upgrade team speed on D during the offseason and it's coming back to bite us.

you cannot have 4 immobile piles of dogsh!t like Salvador, White, Mottau, and Skoula/Fraser in the lineup at the same time. We need SPEED on D

Add that all 4 handle and pass the puck like it's a live grenade. Can't break out, can't get the puck on net, can't get the puck out of trouble...

Unfortunately, I've lost most of the hope that I had for this series. I might get surprised and we will win this game, and go on to win the series, but the fact is that the Flyers are playing us perfectly in this series. They are exposing all of our weaknesses and stifling whatever offensive threats we have. They forecheck extremely hard, muscle our smaller players off the puck, beat us along the boards, and put their big bodies in front of us every time we want to take a shot. The Devils are very talented, but the Flyers are using their size advantage to perfection, and it's very hard to play against that. They had some problems with our 5on5 play in the first two games, but they have really adjusted their game, and are now outplaying us at even strength pretty consistently.

If I believed we could hold our own against them on a regular basis, I would even hold out hope if we went down 3-1 in the series. But as it stands, I doubt we can win another game against this team, let alone three straight.

Edited by Amberite

Its frustrating when you have to concede that the Flyers are the better team. Bouche is out dueling Marty, unbelievable.

Boucher has nothing to do with this series... Marty is the only reason the last two games have been close. Boucher hasn't done anything but stop unscreened shots. I don't know if our guys are hurt, tired, or afraid to try. We look like it's mid-October and we are playing a western conference team... Pathetic.

Where is Jamie?

What the fvck has gotten into Travis? He is a complete waste of space this series, very surprising.

If Neidermayer sees another shift, I am going to punch a kitten.

Kovalchuk was a nice experiment, can we send him back yet?

I love the play of Andy Greene - pleasant surprise!

Can we quadruple shift Zach and Zub's? If not, we have no chance.

We'll see if we have *any* leadership in this locker room in the next 20 minutes.

Lou has to seriously re evaluate how he builds a team this offseason. No more White and Mottau please. too slow, too stupid, always pressured into dumb plays and failed clears by aggressive forcheckers. Can't pass. The Devils only have 2 defenders who are quality passer. That doesn't cut it.

ha thank you Dano for backing me up... at least i'm not the only one who thinks it's obvious the refs are being influenced by the crowd. It's like they are afraid someone's gonna throw a bottle at them or start a riot if they don't call something everytime a flyer gets touched.

Boucher has nothing to do with this series... Marty is the only reason the last two games have been close. Boucher hasn't done anything but stop unscreened shots. I don't know if our guys are hurt, tired, or afraid to try. We look like it's mid-October and we are playing a western conference team... Pathetic.

Where is Jamie?

What the fvck has gotten into Travis? He is a complete waste of space this series, very surprising.

We'll see if we have *any* leadership in this locker room in the next 20 minutes.

You can't be mad at Kovy for anything he has done this game. Well I guess not finishing his chances would be something to be mad about.

Edited by dejaentendu2101

Where is Jamie?

what about Elias? Where the fvck is Elias?

THIS IS THE SEASON!

HOPE THAT YOUR BETTER AT GOLF THAN ON THE ICE!

YOU ARE PLAYING LIKE SH!T!! :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :soap: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :rant: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh: :argh:

GOD I HATE WATCHING THIS!

Now THIS is what I like to read!! :rofl:

you know -- they aren't playing like sh!t though -- Greene is looking great Martin is right there -- Whitey - the CALMING force out there on a play? Some of the guys aren't all there they're playing like they feel and see what you see and thus play for sh!t -- WHY if they are feeling and seeing what you brilliant hockey minds are they SUCKING? Because they're not playing their game they're watching it and not playing in the moment. You know and Dano is actually right on here. Chip it in... that when to I think WIN HOW YOU CAN WIN -- I dont think be a filthy fvck and skate all over peoples fvcking hands sticks and feat stick your knees in between guys legs and sh!t - and hope the DEVIL gets the penalty when you trip yourself up -- that's not a brilliant forecheck --- I'll MARRY fvcking dum and chase before I root for that garbage you all are saying you wish the Devils were playing like. <_<

You can't be mad at Kovy for anything he has done this game.

I can't? Thanks, mom...

He scored a goal 4 on 2, on a screened AHL goalie. I like his effort at times, but he is way too soft on the boards. This is a guy that is supposed to be a difference maker - he's transparent 5 on 5 except when he's turning the puck over in the neutral zone.

Where is Jamie? +1 He is outclassed out there. He has no chance.

What the fvck has gotten into Travis? He is a complete waste of space this series, very surprising. +1 He has done nothing

If Neidermayer sees another shift, I am going to punch a kitten. Nieds isn't the reason we aare losing

Kovalchuk was a nice experiment, can we send him back yet? Who is our team leader in playoff points this series?

I love the play of Andy Greene - pleasant surprise! +1 Not a surprise in general but in this series.

Can we quadruple shift Zach and Zub's? If not, we have no chance. +1 Our 2 best players tonight and Zuby of the series (aside from Marty)

We'll see if we have *any* leadership in this locker room in the next 20 minutes. +1 Exactly right

Edited by ben00rs

what about Elias? Where the fvck is Elias?

I honestly think Patty is sick again. He has no drive, no speed. It's really hard for me to question his heart. The way he looked up at the ref after getting tripped going to the net, he looked wiped out. He hasn't pulled away from anyone in the open ice - and I know that's not from lack of desire. He gets a pass in my book... Maybe I'm going soft.

The same sh!t is a problem for the third year in a row

1. No transition from Defense to Offense

2. No ability to forecheck and stop the other team's transition from Defense to Offense

3. No Powerplay

If you want to win in the New NHL you need this. Add to that an elite PK cause this isn't old time playoff hockey this is 60 min PP contest.

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman