RIP Sean Taylor...

TravisZajac

Horrible news.

Say what you want about Taylor's past, but it really appears based on the comments by Gibbs, Greg Williams, and others, he was getting things together. He recently became a father and seemed to be emerging as a leader in the locker room.

RIP Sean, and I cannot even imagine being Gibbs and trying to address his team during a time like this.

I'm not sure what you mean, but as far as this specific case, I'm sure I'm not the only one hesitant to throw hearts and flowers at a guy with a rap sheet, even if he was murdered.

What I mean is things in the media can be exaggerated both ways, both good and bad....and listen does Sean Taylor have a rap sheet? Yes...do I believe in 2nd chances? Definitely...and it seems, at least on the surface, he was turning his life around, based on comments by Greg Williams (DC for Washington) and former players and coaches. Now again, once the facts becomes available, that might change, who knows.

I'm not sure what you mean, but as far as this specific case, I'm sure I'm not the only one hesitant to throw hearts and flowers at a guy with a rap sheet, even if he was murdered.

Regardless...he leaves this world with an 18 month old daughter, a fiance, and parents who are now doing one of the hardest things imaginable which is out living one of their own kids...the title of the thread is clear, you don't want to post condolences or well wishes then don't bother posting in the thread at all...

the title of the thread is clear, you don't want to post condolences or well wishes then don't bother posting in the thread at all...

But..but..it is ALL about self gratification and getting attention!!! :argh::rolleyes:

Edited by LOTCB

Regardless...he leaves this world with an 18 month old daughter, a fiance, and parents who are now doing one of the hardest things imaginable which is out living one of their own kids...the title of the thread is clear, you don't want to post condolences or well wishes then don't bother posting in the thread at all...

Who the hell are you? The grief police? Take a hike.

Who the hell are you? The grief police? Take a hike.

wow...that's an attention wh*** statement if i've ever seen it...

All I'm saying is, it's not like this was a debatable topic like "Did Barry Bonds do steriods?" or "Should Ricky Williams be allowed back in the NFL" it was started to give condolences...you wanna go and start a thread about how he's a bad guy or question his character then go ahead but no need to post the stupid pointless slop about calling out a guy whose life has just been cut short by a senseless act of violence...get a life.

wow...that's an attention wh*** statement if i've ever seen it...

All I'm saying is, it's not like this was a debatable topic like "Did Barry Bonds do steriods?" or "Should Ricky Williams be allowed back in the NFL" it was started to give condolences...you wanna go and start a thread about how he's a bad guy or question his character then go ahead but no need to post the stupid pointless slop about calling out a guy whose life has just been cut short by a senseless act of violence...get a life.

It's amazing how people will actually put a shooting in a category with anything else that happens in sports. The guy was flat out murdered some people are just amazing. My first cousin was murdered in NY about 3 years ago. Was totally a stand up kid, popular, smart, football star and all that. He goes to a party in the city with some friends on parents week and they find his body at 4:00am in brooklyn. Then people just look to pick apart a person's character, was he drinking under the age, was he doing drugs blah blah blah. A person was just killed. I dont care why they were or how they were or for what reasons. MURDER IS MURDER. Questioning a persons character at a time like this shows nothing but immaturity and idiocracy.