The Devils should just forfeit the rest of the series...

'7'

I don't know what else to say

How can we tame the mighty Rangers "collapse in front of the sofa and pray for dear life" strategy?

The Devils looked like absolute sh!t outplaying and outhustling the Rags for 40+ minutes. Dominating along the boards, outmuscling the rags, and having crisper breakouts and carry ins into the offensive zone as the rags gasped for air as another devils forcheck intercepted a rags clear and re started the cycle.

clearly the Devils were intimitated by the "tradition" and the garden faithful who were so boisterously loud and threw the devils off their game, the tip tapping of the blackberrys rose to a defeaning roar by the 2nd period as the devils gazed at each other bewilderingly...legendary home grown rangers from years passed such as stephane quintal, valeri kamensky, and rem murray quietly rose a glass to the brilliant effort they saw on the ice today (drop to one knee, block shot, pray puck is cleared...missed block? maybe the guy behind me got it) the torch is passed and the rangers on ice mastery continues.

Should the Devils even show up for game 2?

game 1 flyers was "oh sh!t time"

I have never been so amused after a loss. This game was a joke through and through. I hope the Rag fans think this series is over I really do...

Edited by '7'
  • Like 6

clearly the Devils were intimitated by the "tradition" and the garden faithful who were so boisterously loud and threw the devils off their game, the tip tapping of the blackberrys rose to a defeaning roar by the 2nd period as the devils gazed at each other bewilderingly...legendary home grown rangers from years passed such as stephane quintal, valeri kamensky, and rem murray quietly rose a glass to the brilliant effort they saw on the ice today (drop to one knee, block shot, pray puck is cleared...missed block? maybe the guy behind me got it) the torch is passed and the rangers on ice mastery continues.

This is by far the post of the year.

Still think we can win, but the Rags aren't the Flyers.

REALLY REALLY HOPE we can take Game 2 because going down 2-0 against that team will be similar to torture.

true, but the rags don't have anywhere near the offensive punch the flyers do, nor are they as tough, or as fast, or have the same kind of home ice advantage. shot blocking and goal...i'll give you that.

Rangers are not that good. They block shots and circle the wagons. They also fake a lot of stuff and get away with a lot of stuff. They no doubt learned that from their rat bastard coach.

exactly, only thing they are good at I would say is blocking shots.

if the caps brought them to game 7 which caps should have won the series if it wasent for that stupid penalty that ward took to turn around the series I'm pretty sure we can beat them..

21 shots on goal tonight are you kidding me?

we dominated the play in the first 2 periods but with very few quality chances. This series is far from over we will come out in game 2 like we played vs the flyers.

Edited by Devilsrock01

hahaha i just got to my computer and said to myself, "i bet theres some ridiculous, dramatic thread started about how terrible we are..

first thing i see is this sh!tty thread which is started by some guy with a novel that includes "Should the Devils even show up for game 2?"

hahaha what a shame

Rangers are not that good. They block shots and circle the wagons. They also fake a lot of stuff and get away with a lot of stuff. They no doubt learned that from their rat bastard coach.

Sometimes that's enough.

Otherwise great post, but you left out lots of guys like Pavel Brendl and Grachev.

Agreed. They would go down as the least talented team and most boring team be in the scf.

I thought the flyers embellished but holy hell the rags work the refs (who suck so bad as is on their own)

Edited by devlman

hahaha i just got to my computer and said to myself, "i bet theres some ridiculous, dramatic thread started about how terrible we are..

first thing i see is this sh!tty thread which is started by some guy with a novel that includes "Should the Devils even show up for game 2?"

hahaha what a shame

Lol read his post

true, but the rags don't have anywhere near the offensive punch the flyers do, nor are they as tough, or as fast, or have the same kind of home ice advantage. shot blocking and goal...i'll give you that.

If you read their HFBoards forum it's laughable. They're already looking onto the Kings. The stupidity and arrogance are on par with bandwagon Yankees fans, who assume the Yanks will win the World Series everytime they enter the playoffs. So the team that's done nothing for over 15 years is suddenly a perrenial winner? Nothing will make me happier than to see the Devils sink this team.

I don't know what else to say

How can we tame the mighty Rangers "collapse in front of the sofa and pray for dear life" strategy?

have not watched many rangers games and it just occurred to me, i thought the NHL made the Queen's pads illegal.

Yet there he is with those refrigerator doors still strapped to his legs. :noclue:

I guess Flyers fans were happy after their Game 1, too...

The only one who scared me last night was the queen. If the rags win this series, it's because he carries them on his back. No one else really impressed me much, instead we saw a ton of boring hockey Rangers fans supposedly despise. :roll:

Every game is a different story and Game 1 usually serves for both teams to get to feel each other's play. This Devils team has proven it doesn't panic, it adapts and I'm sure DeBo will come up with a way to get through that bus the rags parked in their defensive zone. I hope they're as overconfident as it gets right now.

Great post on the rags fanbase and "tradition" by 7, BTW.

I'm thinking you don't get through it. If the Rugs want to block shots with their faces and chests then let them; don't stop, hold the shot, and look for another angle just let it blast into them. A period or two of that should put some smiles on their bench, eh?