Nordiques Nation to come back to your town!

devilzibook

Hey!

I don't have much info right now, but the Nordiques Nation just announced that they will return to New Jersey on November 5th v.s. the Jets!

I think you enjoyed them the last time so it should be a very interesting night too :cheers: !

I'll add more info when available.

Note: I'm already coming to New Jersey by myself on December 28th v.s. the Sabres so I don't know if I'll come down with the Nordiques Nation, but I can still change my mind!

Edit: changed the month haha thank you

Edited by Devilzibook

I had a feeling they would return this season. I had no problem with them last time, but I think once was enough. I guess my view is someone skewed because of where the Devils were in the standings and the fact that Nordique Nation came down in April, but I don't want this to become habitual until the NHL finally appeases them and puts a team back in Quebec.

Also, just a mini-correction: the Devils/Jets game is November 5th, not October 5th as you have listed :evil:

Hey!

I don't have much info right now, but the Nordiques Nation just announced that they will return to New Jersey on October 5th v.s. the Jets!

I think you enjoyed them the last time so it should be a very interesting night too :cheers: !

I'll add more info when available.

Note: I'm already coming to New Jersey by myself on December 28th v.s. the Sabres so I don't know if I'll come down with the Nordiques Nation, but I can still change my mind!

You are going to be visiting an empty and closed arena if you all plan on coming October 5th.

I had a feeling they would return this season. I had no problem with them last time, but I think once was enough. I guess my view is someone skewed because of where the Devils were in the standings and the fact that Nordique Nation came down in April, but I don't want this to become habitual until the NHL finally appeases them and puts a team back in Quebec.

Also, just a mini-correction: the Devils/Jets game is November 5th, not October 5th as you have listed :evil:

I think the Devils are happy to fill any seats they can. :P

I think the Devils are happy to fill any seats they can. :P

I understand that, but I'm speaking strictly from a fan's standpoint. The "meat-in-the-seats" is always a good thing.

Still going to support us and not the new canadian team right?

Immediately thought the same thing. There is no way the Nordiques fans will root for New Jersey over the Winnipeg Jets. I'd be shocked. And somewhat confused. Especially with the "point" they are trying to prove.

Immediately thought the same thing. There is no way the Nordiques fans will root for New Jersey over the Winnipeg Jets. I'd be shocked. And somewhat confused. Especially with the "point" they are trying to prove.

I didn't mind the group last year, but I did think it trampled on our fan appreciation night. If they are in-fact going to pull for the Jets, wouln't it go against what they did on their other visits LY?

I was at the last home game against Boston in April, and witnessed Nordiques Nation first hand. I even got to speak with some of them on the concourse prior to the game. They seem like a great bunch of fans, and it is was fun seeing the lively atmosphere they brought to that game.

That being said, it will be embarassing for us to have them do what they did in April again this season. They can say that they are just looking to draw attention to the fact that they want a team back in Quebec, but it is no coincidence that they attend games on Long Island and in NJ. Everyone in Canada believes that, if your team doesn't sell out the arena on a nightly basis, then that team needs to be moved to Canada. Nordiques Nation can say (publicly) that they are just trying to show the NHL that Quebec would support a team again, and they are not trying to show that the teams they visit are potential candidates to move there, but there are clear and subtle undertones to their attendance at these games as they believe we are a target to move to their city in the relatively near future.

I personally believe that they will be rooting for the Devils again even if they attend the game against the Jets. I just don't think any of them want to end up in a confrontation with pissed off Devils fans, have a fight break out, and put a black eye on their cause. For me, having them here once was enough, and it goes to show how dismal our attendance truly is.

I was at the last home game against Boston in April, and witnessed Nordiques Nation first hand. I even got to speak with some of them on the concourse prior to the game. They seem like a great bunch of fans, and it is was fun seeing the lively atmosphere they brought to that game.

That being said, it will be embarassing for us to have them do what they did in April again this season. They can say that they are just looking to draw attention to the fact that they want a team back in Quebec, but it is no coincidence that they attend games on Long Island and in NJ. Everyone in Canada believes that, if your team doesn't sell out the arena on a nightly basis, then that team needs to be moved to Canada. Nordiques Nation can say (publicly) that they are just trying to show the NHL that Quebec would support a team again, and they are not trying to show that the teams they visit are potential candidates to move there, but there are clear and subtle undertones to their attendance at these games as they believe we are a target to move to their city in the relatively near future.

I personally believe that they will be rooting for the Devils again even if they attend the game against the Jets. I just don't think any of them want to end up in a confrontation with pissed off Devils fans, have a fight break out, and put a black eye on their cause. For me, having them here once was enough, and it goes to show how dismal our attendance truly is.

Nordiques Nation has a schedule of five games they're attending this season. Long Island is not on the list, but Boston and Detroit are. I really don't think they're trying to tell two Original Six clubs (that have no trouble drawing a crowd) that they should relocate to Quebec City.

Edit: Fixed a mistake. Said they were going to Chicago when they're actually going to Detroit. Point still stands.

Edited by DaneykoIsGod

I completely agree with this post.

I was at that April game too. Those fans were great! Most of them were very friendly and respectful. From the pregame in Championship Plaza all the way to the final buzzer, they participated in all the Let's Go Devils chants and even started it up themselves a few times. It made the game a lot more fun than it would've been normally. I would expect the same this time around versus the Jets.

Geez, you guys are uptight. First off, the Nords fans (smartly) don't root against the home team cause they know it might turn sour for them if they did. Secondly there probably won't be as many of them as there were last year anyway, not with only six weeks notice and more seats filled by sth's.

And what's the harm if a thousand of them show up for a random early season game anyway? They aren't infringing on Nieds night or even Fan Appreciation night again.

The thing that frustrates me the most about this is that we have to rely on fans from nine hours away to create a lively atmosphere in our arena.

+1

I didn't realize they were going to Detroit and Boston this season, and was only referring to games I knew they attended last season. Although they may be going to Detroit and Boston, I find it hard to believe that they will be able to buy a block of 2000 seats in those arenas like they do for ours. In fact, short of buying tickets on StubHub, I'm not sure how they are getting tickets to these games as I thought both teams consistently sold out their arenas. While they are great, and as I said, it created a fun atmosphere last time, when they are all sitting together dominating the crowd like they did here against the Bruins, it makes the Devils organization and the fanbase in general look bad. It's not their fault by any stretch, but rather an indictment of our own fanbase.

They appear to be going to games that are fairly close to them. They came with 40 busloads of people last time, they ain't driving 40 buses to Arizona people, come on! LOL

If they annoy you for some reason, or you think they have ulterior motives (besides making themselves as visible as possible in the season before Phoenix passes away), then skip that game and show up to the one immediately before and immediately after the Jets game. Honestly, they don't bother me at all - they're die hard hockey fans who love the game. I'd take 1000 of them over 50 rags fans anyday.

Didn't bother to look at the list of games they are going to, but are they planning to hit Florida? Phoenix? Columbus? Hell, even St. Louis?

These are all teams that I can realistically say should be considered for relocation before New Jersey ever does.

Winnipeg at New Jersey

Washington at Florida

Edmonton at Ottawa

N.Y. Islanders at Boston

Chicago at Detroit