Zach contract question

ghdi

well the good news is... if something is happening, we'll never know about it until its done.

so we could wake up any day from now to the news that zach re-signed long term!

but to be honest we'll most likely expect it and die a little more each day that its not happening lol

Honestly, I'm not that worried about it right now.

Yea, I want Lou to lock him up just as much as you guys do, but... there's a season going on right now, and we're doing good. Not outstanding, but good.

There are better things to be paying attention to right now, is all.

this

can we make this the crazy speculation thread

what are the chances of zach going to the pens and fill in for sid

can they do to sids contract what they do to pronger?

sid 2.0?

there is no way we will let Parise go to Pitt without getting like Malkin in return... it would just be devastating

this

can we make this the crazy speculation thread

what are the chances of zach going to the pens and fill in for sid

can they do to sids contract what they do to pronger?

sid 2.0?

They can do more things to Sid's contract - not that they will. He goes on LTIR and that's it. It gets interesting when his contract is up after next season though...

not to say that Lou doesnt know how to do his job but i really think that its playing with fire to wait til the end of the season...

First now we're doing alright so it's more attractive for him, we could have a TERRIBLE 2nd half, miss the playoffs or first round exit and then im pretty sure like any human Zach would be really pissed and would consider leaving... we really can't play with fire and just wait and wait, im a little worried that Lou didnt even had any discussion with Zach agents at all per McKenzie, i really dont like it, especially when Lou is saying that he'd do ANYTHING to lock him up

then since zach said this:

Lou has never been one to talk contracts prior to a player reaching their UFA year. As a player can you tell us whether or not you think that has an effect on whether or not the player remains?

I think at times it may have a little impact. Everyone knows that Lou does things a certain way and prefers to wait until the season is over in order to not make it a distraction for a player. I can’t speak for anyone else, but sometimes a player may think, “Why not wait an extra two months until July 1 to see what kind of interest there is out there?”

i mean... how is this not stressful, he said it himself, black on white. Get your head out of your ass Lou please at least talk to the guys

im a little worried that Lou didnt even had any discussion with Zach agents at all per McKenzie

They're not allowed to. If Lou had contacted Zach's agent, there'd be all kinds of trouble. The only reason that we know that he hasn't talked to his agent is because the league keeps an eye on this kind of thing. Why they think it's important is beyond me, but it is what it is...

They're not allowed to. If Lou had contacted Zach's agent, there'd be all kinds of trouble. The only reason that we know that he hasn't talked to his agent is because the league keeps an eye on this kind of thing. Why they think it's important is beyond me, but it is what it is...

i could be wrong but i really think they we're allowed to talk they we're just not allowed to sign a contract

Edited by SterioDesign

humm... that's not what I remember reading. But, I'm not an agent or anything, so what do I know?

What McKenzie statement were you referring to exactly, in the post that I quoted from above?

humm... that's not what I remember reading. But, I'm not an agent or anything, so what do I know?

What McKenzie statement were you referring to exactly, in the post that I quoted from above?

i'm not sure about mckenzie, but TG has reported numerous times that Parise states that there have been no contract discussions since his arbitration hearing.

that being said, TG is Parise's mouthpiece like no other so you can skew that however you'd like.

Yea, I think I saw one of their headlines screaming about how unhappy Zach is this season.

Like I said before, I'm just going to wait and see. Not that I'm unworried or anything (I am, a little), it's just not worth the angst and stress to think about it too much.