Here we go again. New goal song for 14-15

'7'

Guys...it's time we address the REAL issue. The real issue for the last, I don't know...15-20 years, has indeed been the goal song...but its not our goal song!! I CAN'T STAND THAT AWFUL GOD FORSAKEN CHIME FROM THE BOWELS OF THE EARTH that plays when WE are scored on. That miserable sound is WORSE than my alarm clock noise. There are only two noises in the world that piss me off, the alarm in the morning and the damnable anti-goal horn. To make it even worse, it MORPHS INTO THE MOST DEPRESSING, SOULLESS LETS GO DEVILS CHANT IMAGINABLE. Lets go devils, are you kidding me, we just got scored on and its 9-0 buffalo, don't tell the devils to go. 

Anyway...Please join me in this crusade to ban this CRIME AGAINST HUMANITY that is our anti-goal song. I don't care if our own goal horn is a llama shyting in the woods, but I do care that we uphold the principles of the GENEVA CONVENTION and banish this monstrosity of anti-goal song.

Wha....what the hell did I just read....?

• 1 year later...

In honor of the home opener tomorrow I'm bumping this vintage thread in case they decided to randomly change the goal song tomorrow afternoon lol

Kind of crazy how quick time flies but I'm still a fan of the gaslight song but it really hasn't caught on to the point of people singing along with it and I still find that it's not a great song to clap along with either. 

Now I don't think they will change the song tomorrow but ya never know lol

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

In honor of the home opener tomorrow I'm bumping this vintage thread in case they decided to randomly change the goal song tomorrow afternoon lol

Kind of crazy how quick time flies but I'm still a fan of the gaslight song but it really hasn't caught on to the point of people singing along with it and I still find that it's not a great song to clap along with either. 

Now I don't think they will change the song tomorrow but ya never know lol

I think Gaslight would have caught on more if it wasnt coming right on the heels of the You Suck being expelled and a good percentage of people being so focused on forcing You Suck back into whatever the new song was.

The fact they try to still incorporate the You Suck part after by doing Hey sans music used to bother me, but at least they're making noise following a goal... We'll see if my opinion changes back after this afternoon's game in person.

4 hours ago, thecoffeecake said:

I wish they'd just follow the horn with a classic organ song like they did (do?) in St. Louis. Introducing catchy pop songs was a dumb thing hockey started doing. 

As far as I know, St Louis still does When The Saints Go Marching In on the organ after goals. I like it a lot

• 4 years later...