All Jersey Talk

mmajeski06

Wow. I know they have long wait times and all but 5 months is ridiculous.

Yeah the last time I spoke to Josh there was around 10/30/13 and he said they still haven't gotten to it as their designers have been backed up and only then was starting to get caught up.  He also said that this is what happens with "oddball" jerseys and they take a considerable amount of time.

According to their FB post from about that same time, they said they should be caught up with most, if not all custom jerseys that their designers have to make by the end of November, so I am expecting it to be done between now and then.  It's worth the wait since I know they do well at customizing defunt team jerseys but almost 5 months of anticipation is kinda getting to me now lol.

Just got my Kovalsuck authentic stripped and changed to Zajac by EPS - they did an INSANE job. This was the second time the jersey was stripped as it was previously a Langenbrunner and had some residue from the initial strip/restitch (that I had done at another company). EPS cleared that all up - can't even tell it was ever stripped.

3babd0e0-3867-47c2-b8ba-568e18f4c8ab_zps

Just got my Kovalsuck authentic stripped and changed to Zajac by EPS - they did an INSANE job. This was the second time the jersey was stripped as it was previously a Langenbrunner and had some residue from the initial strip/restitch (that I had done at another company). EPS cleared that all up - can't even tell it was ever stripped.

Yeah they do an excellent job so that's why I have been as patient as I can be with them on my Scouts jersey.  I know in the end it will look great.

how long did the turn around take?

how long did the turn around take?

There in lies the only issue I have with EPS. I sent out the jersey on 8/28 and got it back on 11/12. EPS let me know that they were really backed up with it being the beginning of the NHL season (when I first sent it to them) so I was prepared for a long wait. Even still, their work is well worth the wait.

Edited by hoekster316

There in lies the only issue I have with EPS. I sent out the jersey on 8/28 and got it back on 11/12. EPS let me know that they were really backed up with it being the beginning of the NHL season (when I first sent it to them) so I was prepared for a long wait. Even still, their work is well worth the wait.

I sent out a jersey to get JAGR done on it back in late July and got it back a little under 4 weeks later.

it just really depends on what it is and when you send it in.

I just got 4 Devils jerseys (2 red, 1 white, 1 retro) back from EPS and it took 2 months to the day from the date I mailed them.  The work is fantastic but I was pretty disappointed in the wait.  I know that they are busy but I assume that they can do Devils jerseys in their sleep now.  There is no reason why it should take that long (or longer as others have experienced).

I sent out a jersey to get JAGR done on it back in late July and got it back a little under 4 weeks later.

it just really depends on what it is and when you send it in.

Exactly. My jersey was a strip and stitch so it definitely took more time than a regular project.

I just got 4 Devils jerseys (2 red, 1 white, 1 retro) back from EPS and it took 2 months to the day from the date I mailed them. The work is fantastic but I was pretty disappointed in the wait. I know that they are busy but I assume that they can do Devils jerseys in their sleep now. There is no reason why it should take that long (or longer as others have experienced).

For four jerseys that's pretty good.

I think a lot of people are spoiled or have his misconception about the wait for these as NHL.com usually does it in a couple of weeks, but we all know the extreme suckage their job is so it's not worth it. Icejerseys, sportsk and others normally take about 4-8 weeks and that's for one jersey. Most of the places that actually do the jerseys may seem like a large company, but in reality they are still mostly small mom and pop shops. EPS does orders for many different professional and amateur teams in addition to the orders they get on the Internet and they do it on a staff of no more than about 20 or so people. That's not bad.

Plus back in the day (I'm talking about the days where they charged per letter/number) when you sent a jersey out you pretty much kissed it goodbye for 2-4 months.

Fellow jersey nerds,

I was looking at an old school/xmas color Devils jersey that I purchased from NHL.com a few months ago and noticed that they changed/messed up the Devils logo. See below image. The NHL.com-ordered jersey is on the left and a CCM-ordered "Vintage Series" jersey (which has the same logo as the past and present Devils gameworn jerseys) is on the right:

1B88C6DC-0261-4FDF-901B-79F035CED0A6_zps

Edited by hoekster316

Fellow jersey nerds,

I was looking at an old school/xmas color Devils jersey that I purchased from NHL.com a few months ago and noticed that they changed/messed up the Devils logo. See below image. The NHL.com-ordered jersey is on the left and a CCM-ordered "Vintage Series" jersey (which has the same logo as the past and present Devils gameworn jerseys) is on the right:

1B88C6DC-0261-4FDF-901B-79F035CED0A6_zps

The image on the left is actually wrong and the one on the right is closer to the original.  The one on the left is part of the re-release "CCM Team Classics" series that they came out with in 2010 for the first retro game while the one on the right is part of the "CCM Vintage" series (You will see the different names on the inside neck tagging).  The CCM Vintage series is a little different and I am not sure what the story is, but NHL team store, the Devils Den, and retail outlets nowadays carry the CCM Team Classic series.  I really only see the CCM Vintage series on Sportsk or eBay so again not sure what the story is.

BTW the one on the right, the CCM Vintage series one, is closer to the original game worns.  A few jersey people noticed the overlapping of the wing over the green circle when they came out in 2010 and mentioned it here and on other forums.  Below is a comparison to a game worn and it is more like the one on the right.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=5117431&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=7004&catParentID=10526&scId=10526

The image on the left is actually wrong and the one on the right is closer to the original.  The one on the left is part of the re-release "CCM Team Classics" series that they came out with in 2010 for the first retro game while the one on the right is part of the "CCM Vintage" series (You will see the different names on the inside neck tagging).  The CCM Vintage series is a little different and I am not sure what the story is, but NHL team store, the Devils Den, and retail outlets nowadays carry the CCM Team Classic series.  I really only see the CCM Vintage series on Sportsk or eBay so again not sure what the story is.

BTW the one on the right, the CCM Vintage series one, is closer to the original game worns.  A few jersey people noticed the overlapping of the wing over the green circle when they came out in 2010 and mentioned it here and on other forums.  Below is a comparison to a game worn and it is more like the one on the right.

http://www.meigray.com/edealinv/servlet/ExecMacro?nurl=control/StoreItem.vm&ctl_nbr=2381&siId=5117431&catLevel=1&scLevel=1&thisCatLevel=&oldParentID=7004&catParentID=10526&scId=10526

Very interesting - thanks for clearing that up!

Very interesting - thanks for clearing that up!

No problem!

Also another way to tell the difference between the CCM Vintage series and the CCM Team Classics is that the Vintage has black and white CCM logo lettering on the bottom helm while the newer Team Classics have red and Blue CCM logo lettering.

No problem!

Also another way to tell the difference between the CCM Vintage series and the CCM Team Classics is that the Vintage has black and white CCM logo lettering on the bottom helm while the newer Team Classics have red and Blue CCM logo lettering.

I took a pic of the jerseys with the tags showing to clear up confusion. I also included a gameworn jersey on the far right for comparison sake.

B0747792-E7FB-4FE1-B2E2-E9B2CDD4A1D9_zps

I took a pic of the jerseys with the tags showing to clear up confusion. I also included a gameworn jersey on the far right for comparison sake.

B0747792-E7FB-4FE1-B2E2-E9B2CDD4A1D9_zps

Yeah I would say that it is closer to the CCM Vintage than to the Team Classics there in the middle.

Thing with CCM Vintage, the sizing on those tend to be all over the place and I have actually seen knockoffs of that line as well.  I have 2 blue Rockies jerseys that are tagged as CCM Vintage.  However, there a small differences and the fake one has slightly different neck tagging (even though both say CCM Vintage on them), slightly different sizing (the most obvious one is the fake has slightly shorter sleeves) and the front crest for the mountain has thinner trim.  It's really so minute I had to hold them together to see the difference with it and was bummed to find out a couple years ago.  The fake I had customized by EPS into McDonald and it looks great.  Never wore it because of the wonky sizing (its an XL but looks a little goofy with the kinda short sleeves) and sometimes I think about throwing it up on ebay just to get rid of it.

To anyone who might be able to help:

So I want to buy my Dad a jersey for the holidays this year - I'm thinking a Daneyko (his favorite player was Clarkson but that obviously isn't an option anymore, so who better than Mr. Devil himself).

Anyway, I've got a couple regular size (medium/large size) replica jerseys of my own and they're a little large on me (I don't mind it, I actually prefer it that way), but he likes his more fitted (not tight, but not overhanging sleeves / hanging real low past the waist).  He's 5'9 or so, relatively slim build.  I know it's a vague description, but would a medium size replica from NHL.com be appropriate?  I obviously wish I could have him try a few on to figure it out but..there's not really any discrete way to do it without blowing the surprise.

Thanks for any/all help, I really appreciate it

To anyone who might be able to help:

So I want to buy my Dad a jersey for the holidays this year - I'm thinking a Daneyko (his favorite player was Clarkson but that obviously isn't an option anymore, so who better than Mr. Devil himself).

Anyway, I've got a couple regular size (medium/large size) replica jerseys of my own and they're a little large on me (I don't mind it, I actually prefer it that way), but he likes his more fitted (not tight, but not overhanging sleeves / hanging real low past the waist).  He's 5'9 or so, relatively slim build.  I know it's a vague description, but would a medium size replica from NHL.com be appropriate?  I obviously wish I could have him try a few on to figure it out but..there's not really any discrete way to do it without blowing the surprise.

Thanks for any/all help, I really appreciate it

Hmmm I am assuming you are looking at a Premier?  If so, then probably a medium but I cannot be 100% certain.

If it is an old CCM or Koho, then def medium I would say.

I'm 5'11 and 175. By all accounts an avg build. I got a medium Premier replica and it's a bit loose (sleeves down about an inch or so past my wrists and back flap past my rear end) and I actually wish I had tried on a small. If your old man is 5'9 a small may be the way to go. My advice would be to get to a place like the NHL store that you'd know would have small premiers and try one on.

whilst I'm on vacation from Australia, another Devils fan (yes, there's more than one down under) wants me to pick him up a Jagr jersey.
Just wondering what sort of prices they will be either in the Devils Den or the NHL store in NYC so he can give me the right amount of cash.

I know generally the NHL jerseys suck for letters/numbers, but some help with this and where best to buy and what price, would be great help, so i can get the cash from him before i fly over.

Looking to get a jersey customized by EPS. Anyone know about the procedure that they use? Do you order online, get a confirm number , then mail the jersey to them? Just wondering. Thanks.

Assuming you are getting a recent or current Devils jersey done it is pretty simple.  First you fill out the order form on the website for mail-in orders.  If you are doing Elias, you can put down something like "Please customize Reebok Premier Red replica jersey size Large with #26 ELIAS with alternate captain's "A" on front."  Devils use a layered style so also declare that as well (Devils have never used Kiss-cut).  You will then get a page with an order # and a ship-to address.  You then pack up your jersey, include the order form that you printed out with the order #, and then ship to the address listed (I usually put attention to: Internet Orders).

When the jersey is done, you will get an email with an invoice where you can either call them and pay over the phone or use their link and pay via paypal.  They then ship it out to you.

Right now customization for Devils is about $60 and shipping to you is about $13-15.

Assuming you are getting a recent or current Devils jersey done it is pretty simple.  First you fill out the order form on the website for mail-in orders.  If you are doing Elias, you can put down something like "Please customize Reebok Premier Red replica jersey size Large with #26 ELIAS with alternate captain's "A" on front."  Devils use a layered style so also declare that as well (Devils have never used Kiss-cut).  You will then get a page with an order # and a ship-to address.  You then pack up your jersey, include the order form that you printed out with the order #, and then ship to the address listed (I usually put attention to: Internet Orders).

When the jersey is done, you will get an email with an invoice where you can either call them and pay over the phone or use their link and pay via paypal.  They then ship it out to you.

Right now customization for Devils is about $60 and shipping to you is about $13-15.

Thanks.  Much appreciated.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.