2014 Stanley Cup Playoffs thread

MadDog2020

And before anyone comes back with well the Habs would beat the Bruins first in that scenario well sure, I actually picked the Habs over the Bruins before the playoffs started.  It's all about the rivalry.  You could put pee wee hockey players in those jerseys and they'd probably go seven tight games.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Lmfao. Its all set up for Parise to bag the OT winner. It would be so typical of this season on the same night the Rags win another game 7.

Thank the hockey gods that didn't happen tonight.

I'm all-in for the Ducks to win, but I don't think that they can beat Boston.  I'm thinking Ducks-BOS/NYR.  Dear god let it be BOS.  I feel awful for Hiller, his play has been going incredibly downhill the past year or so.  I expect to see him in Calgary or Edmonton next season. 

In the last five years, the Penguins are 27-23 in 50 playoff games, and have won just four series.  They're 0-3 in Game 7s. 

I'm curious to see if they decide to keep this group relatively intact and give them one last chance, or if a big change is coming.  I can't imagine them keeping Bylsma, but I can't see them moving Malkin or Crosby.  It's easy to say they might trade MAF, but who replaces him?  Not to mention that his value probably isn't great right now...some GMs likely feel that his better numbers (regular season wins) have a lot more to do with the team in front of him than with him.  A guy like Miller, who didn't exactly light it up for St. Louis, will be 34, and will probably want a nice chunk of change? 

They'll make some changes (starting with the head coach), but I get the feeling they're not going to be earth-shattering.  Still can't help but wonder if they've got their eyes on Schneider.  PLEASE get Cory signed Lou!

They'll make some changes (starting with the head coach), but I get the feeling they're not going to be earth-shattering.  Still can't help but wonder if they've got their eyes on Schneider.  PLEASE get Cory signed Lou!

I'm not too worried about Cory being eyed by other teams.  There are a few good UFAs 'tenders this year.  The one thing that would worry me, is that Schneider has maintained his great/elite SV% even when the team put up fairly poor season numbers.  GMs are likely keeping an eye on that.

Edited by RizzMB30

I only know a few Rangers fans, so I don't have the same hatred so many of you have for that team. I haven't been dealing with all these fans surrounding me at school/work/at the arenas throughout my life. So it's totally different, but from a player standpoint and the way the rivalry has been since 2012...there just isn't much for me to dislike about this Rangers team.

Even the Devils/Rangers games have been tame in those seasons. No Tortorella to hate. No Avery. No Prust. I don't know...just don't have any reason to root against them. I am having trouble trying to manufacture any hatred.

Of course that will be different for everyone in NJ/NY...

Edited by devilsrule33

From a France & french stand of point.. obviously... I really don't care about the Rangers ... and no one around me push me in my throat rangers rangers rangers... so.. yeah just like Devilsrule33... I don't have a real problem with them. In same time, I totally understand the general hate and rivalry about them... I usually roots against them by sympathy for my fellow Devs Fans ! 

... But this time.. It was against Pittsburg. And i really really don't like them.

Mannnnn, this season blows.... I work in NYC every day, I've never seen as much Rangers clothing and garb as I've seen this postseason, not even in 2012. It tells me one thing, that more and more people are getting used to the Rangers in the playoffs. They're on the front page of every paper, everyone's talking about it. All the Hoboken bars had their Rangers flags out this weekend on Mother's Day. This is bad for New Jersey Devils hockey on all levels, really bad. 

The key demographic the Devils are trying to reach, the young families or maybe people or corporate accounts not previously interested in hockey, they're watching this year's Rangers and thinking "this is an elite hockey team". Our attendance was sh!t this year, the overall excitement at the games was sh!t. Go across the pond, and you have a crazy come-from-behind 3-1 emotional turnaround after the passing of Martin Saint Louis' mom. It's a story the average person in this area can hold onto and rally behind. Yankees are crap, Mets are the Mets, so everyone's a Rangers fan. It's what the Rangers organization dreamed of, it's the spectacle, the fairytale Broadway drama they dreamed of, and we're stuck on the other side looking like a bunch of idiots being the only fans in the league rooting against them, rooting for the Penguins.

Lou better make moves, and the new owners better force him to change on how he views things like marketing and fan outreach. He better realize how much the fans are hurting in just two quick years. We're in Islanders or Mets territory if we have to deal with another year of this crap, while our less successful cousin across the river is still making front page news.

Edited by DJ Eco

Mannnnn, this season blows.... I work in NYC every day, I've never seen as much Rangers clothing and garb as I've seen this postseason, not even in 2012. It tells me one thing, that more and more people are getting used to the Rangers in the playoffs. They're on the front page of every paper, everyone's talking about it. All the Hoboken bars had their Rangers flags out this weekend on Mother's Day. This is bad for New Jersey Devils hockey on all levels, really bad. 

The key demographic the Devils are trying to reach, the young families or maybe people or corporate accounts not previously interested in hockey, they're watching this year's Rangers and thinking "this is an elite hockey team". Our attendance was sh!t this year, the overall excitement at the games was sh!t. Go across the pond, and you have a crazy come-from-behind 3-1 emotional turnaround after the passing of Martin Saint Louis' mom. It's a story the average person in this area can hold onto and rally behind. Yankees are crap, Mets are the Mets, so everyone's a Rangers fan. It's what the Rangers organization dreamed of, it's the spectacle, the fairytale Broadway drama they dreamed of, and we're stuck on the other side looking like a bunch of idiots being the only fans in the league rooting against them, rooting for the Penguins.

Lou better make moves, and the new owners better force him to change on how he views things like marketing and fan outreach. He better realize how much the fans are hurting in just two quick years. We're in Islanders or Mets territory if we have to deal with another year of this crap, while our less successful cousin across the river is still making front page news.

Plus the Knicks didnt make the playoffs so yeah...the NYC area is all about the rags right now...in full force