NFL Week 12!

CRASHER

9-2 it is. Bring on the Steelers!!!

There's his quote. Where did he say UNBEATABLE?

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

his delusional text to me after that gift from the football Gods.....

LOL, gotcha.

:rofl:

Seriously though I actually thought the Ravens would have fallen off the map by now with the struggles of their offense and defensive injuries. They've done a good job to keep the train rolling. Another win next week probably sews up the division for them.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The Ravens' schedule gets tough...I can't see them not beating Pittsburgh and Charlie Batch (Ravens will almost certainly be 10-2), but after that, gets tough in a hurry: @ the 'Skins, the Broncos, the Giants, and @ the Bengals. The good news for them is, if they can win the remaining AFC games on their sched, they can probably lose the NFC games without consequence...they already hold the tiebreaker over the Patriots, and would then hold one over the Broncos they probably wouldn't even need. They have a great shot to nab the #2 seed. Pats really need to win out to have a legit shot at the #2...with both Houston and SF on their sched, that's going to be hard.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

:rofl:

Seriously though I actually thought the Ravens would have fallen off the map by now with the struggles of their offense and defensive injuries. They've done a good job to keep the train rolling. Another win next week probably sews up the division for them.

I was on the same page. But we are finding ways to win winnable games. I can't understand our offense at all. On paper I LOVE our roster, but on game days On the road we look out of sync. It is still our D that keeps us in games.

When have I EVER "blown up" the Ravens??? I have always been pretty upfront about our weakness's and what I see is underdelivery about their performance.

I remember a while back, you were making a big deal out of a Ravens receiving corp that was largely forgettable...I remember some other posts where you were blowing them up...implying that beating the Steelers without Big Ben was more impressive than it really was. The Ravens aren't a great team, but the funny thing is, I can see them beating anyone any given day...especially if they can hang on to the #2 seed.

I remember a while back, you were making a big deal out of a Ravens receiving corp that was largely forgettable...I remember some other posts where you were blowing them up...implying that beating the Steelers without Big Ben was more impressive than it really was. The Ravens aren't a great team, but the funny thing is, I can see them beating anyone any given day...especially if they can hang on to the #2 seed.

True, I did make a big deal out of our WR corp, because I truly believed we FINALLY had the support for Flacco. which did crash and burn after one season due to salary cap issues. (Cut Mason, McGhaee, Heap, Stallworth and TJ Housh).

RE: Big Ben - I NEVER would have implied this, as Big Ben ALWAYS finds a way to beat us and break my heart in closing seconds of each game. Beating the Steelers with Big Ben is our own little super bowl victory. You must have misquoted me as I have always considered Big Ben the biggest thorne in our side.

If you looked at my last post this was a HUGE victory for us, just because we are damaged goods on D. I also thanked Tomlin and Todd Haley for losing the game for the Steelers, moreso than anything else we did.

That was two years ago I think, when they had Boldin, Mason and Houshmandzedeh. And then one of those guys had a critical drop in a playoff game against the Steelers lol.

Exactly: TJ Houshmandzedeh DROPPED an easy forth down pass, which would have put us in position to kick a short game winning field goal with seconds to play.

If you looked at my last post this was a HUGE victory for us, just because we are damaged goods on D. I also thanked Tomlin and Todd Haley for losing the game for the Steelers, moreso than anything else we did.

I'd say the win was huge because the Ravens pretty much now have their division sewn up, with the inside track on the #2 seed.

The team I think is truly scary are the Broncos...I know the Patriots beat them earlier, and Brady's 9-4 against Manning (though I'm not a big fan of the QB vs QB thing), but Manning put up nice numbers against the Patriots earlier (as most QBs do)...I can see him carving up the Patriots' D big time...and for all of the offensive fireworks the Patriots can show during the regular season, I have seen them get shut down and frustrated in the playoffs in recent years.

I would have to favor the Pats vs Denver come the colder, snowy conditions that comes with the playoffs. Brady is a cold weather QB, Manning is going to have to overcome this in Denver. He no longer plays in January, climate controlled atmosphere.

Ravens and Jets have both taken care of business in Gillette in recent seasons come playoff time. Ravens came damned close to doing it again last year. Hear what you're saying about Manning, but I don't think the weather is going to affect him that much.

That was two years ago I think, when they had Boldin, Mason and Houshmandzedeh. And then one of those guys had a critical drop in a playoff game against the Steelers lol.

He called them "the greatest WR Corps in the history of pro football".....I remember that :rofl:

If I were picking a line on Pats/Broncos in the playoffs in Gilette, I'd probably set it at Broncos +4. It's going to be a fairly even game, but the Patriots can still run the ball well with Ridley/Vereen, and I think in a playoff game in which you're trying to keep Manning off the field, that'll be the difference.

As to Baltimore and their schedule, looks like Ben's going to give it a go for week 13

He called them "the greatest WR Corps in the history of pro football".....I remember that :rofl:

That is completely inaccurate.

The only historical reference was what they had achieved as individuals in their careers. It was also about the depth including Rice, Mcghae and Heap who were not WR's.

Others drove that conversation not me which is why you have such a distorted memory.

That is completely inaccurate.

The only historical reference was what they had achieved as individuals in their careers. It was also about the depth including Rice, Mcghae and Heap who were not WR's.

Others drove that conversation not me which is why you have such a distorted memory.

Not so much the defense was "exposed" as you wish to think as they were fatigued being on the field so much in a pass defense.

This is more on the offense as we somehow can not run the ball. I believe at one point in the 3rd or 4th quarter we were out gained 100 to 1 total yards on offense.

Flacco is a potentially great young QB and we have the best WR corps perhaps in the history of the game in Mason, Boldin, TJH, Stallworth, but we just can run the ball even with Le'Ron Mclain back and teams playing against the pass.

This is a very bad sign. Go and do your rant against Ray Rice now.

Thought I remembered him saying that too.

Here's the thread where he made the original comment...as expected, it sparked a bit of a debate...I like you Manta, but you were off-base on this one:

http://njdevs.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=84035&st=40

In retrospect I can't disagree with you I should have worded that better.

I just remember thinking it was an odd observation at the time...that offense wasn't anything special at all. The Ravens were 16th in PF, and their other offensive numbers were all kind of "meh". Their top receiver had 837 yards. There was just nothing there that screamed greatness.

Petition sent to President Obama to remove Jerry Jones as owner of the Cowboys. LOVE IT.

President Barack Obama helped saved General Motors. Fans in Dallas would like to see him do the same thing with the Cowboys.

A man from Ft. Benning, Ga. has petitioned President Obama to remove Jerry Jones from power, according to a Dallas Morning News report.

“We, the Citizens of the Great State of Texas, and Dallas Cowboys fans worldwide, have been oppressed by an over-controlling, delusional, oppressive dictator for way too long," reads the petition, which is published on the White House website and filed under "Human Rights." ”Request the Executive Branch's immediate assistance in removal of owner and GM, Jerry Jones. His incompetence and ego have not only been an extreme disappointment for way too long, but moreover, it has caused extreme mental and emotional duress.“

At least 25,000 signatures are required for a petition to receive consideration. As of Tuesday, NFL.com reported that fewer than 500 U.S. citizens have signed.

Petition sent to President Obama to remove Jerry Jones as owner of the Cowboys. LOVE IT.

President Barack Obama helped saved General Motors. Fans in Dallas would like to see him do the same thing with the Cowboys.

A man from Ft. Benning, Ga. has petitioned President Obama to remove Jerry Jones from power, according to a Dallas Morning News report.

“We, the Citizens of the Great State of Texas, and Dallas Cowboys fans worldwide, have been oppressed by an over-controlling, delusional, oppressive dictator for way too long," reads the petition, which is published on the White House website and filed under "Human Rights." ”Request the Executive Branch's immediate assistance in removal of owner and GM, Jerry Jones. His incompetence and ego have not only been an extreme disappointment for way too long, but moreover, it has caused extreme mental and emotional duress.“

At least 25,000 signatures are required for a petition to receive consideration. As of Tuesday, NFL.com reported that fewer than 500 U.S. citizens have signed.

NFL.com wishes it was less than 500, its now 3,800 and counting.