Rumor- Kovalchuk to Devils

adavid

If the thrash had scouts there, wouldn't you want to play eckford and try to showcase him? or would he be scratched because a pmd would be involved in a potential trade (oduya) and eckford would replace him? who the hell would you go to watch play tonight? sestito probably had the best game out of all of them, palmeiri couldnt even keep his feet tonight

• Replies 1.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

You think Kovalchuk would put a lot more people in the seats?

For as good as Kovalchuk is he isn't that kind of star IMO. Don't get me wrong he is up there as one of the top players in the league but he never got the hype that Crosby, Ovechkin, and other guys who came up post lockout got. If you are a hockey fan you obviously know Kovalchuk. If you are not and are a very casual fan I'm not so sure.

Edited by jkrdevil

From HFBoards:

Posted by Dagoon44 on the Rangers board:

Quote:

OK guys here is what I was just told by a NHL player. The Devils will be the team getting him and the package will be centered around Niclas Bergfors John Oduya ,Nick Palmieri and a number 1 is what he said he heard.

Supposedly this Dagoon guy owns a bar that a lot of NHL players go to or something. Not posting this because I think it has any weight, but more because it's an interesting deal. Don't think it would work, Bergy isn't enough of an established player to me.

For as good as Kovalchuk is he isn't that kind of star IMO. Don't get me wrong he is up there as one of the top players in the league but he never got the hype that Crosby, Ovechkin, and other guys who came up post lockout got. If you are a hockey fan you obviously know Kovalchuk. If you are not and are a very casual fan I'm not so sure.

Agree completely. I think it may increase attendance slightly as the hardcore fans would like to go see Kovalchuk. But he isn't the kind of name that would get the casual sports fans to go flock to The Rock....

From HFBoards:

Quote:

OK guys here is what I was just told by a NHL player. The Devils will be the team getting him and the package will be centered around Niclas Bergfors John Oduya ,Nick Palmieri and a number 1 is what he said he heard.

Supposedly this Dagoon guy owns a bar that a lot of NHL players go to or something. Not posting this because I think it has any weight, but more because it's an interesting deal. Don't think it would work, Bergy isn't enough of an established player to me.

Rangers Bar? He probably heard some dude at Sean Avery's bar in the city.

I don't know why, but I have a good feeling on this one. You always hear the same teams thrown around as possibilities when there's a big name on the trade market (Boston, NY, Philly) and while to hear that NJ is involved is shocking on its own, I'd have to imagine that they'd be pretty seriously involved at this point, otherwise they wouldn't be wasting their time competing against bigger-market teams that could really use a big-name guy.

From HFBoards:

Quote:

Why did I just have to read this now. I wanted to go to bed. That package sounds plausible. Of course the only reason why this guy might know this is going down, is Waddell is telling other GMs about the offer to get them to outbid it. So maybe some GM comes in and does just that.

OR MAYBE ITS ALL HORSE sh!t

Edited by halfsharkalligatorhalfman

I read it over there a few mins before you posted it here. People there claim he has been right before on stuff before it happened, but it seems too good to be true....

I don't put a lot of stock into the guy that other guys back because he's been right before about other things that a bunch of other guys have seen........ and so on. I can't take this anymore, I gotta get to bed. And by that I mean I won't be able to sleep and I'll be back on to check this in an hour.

How about this...even if an NHL player told someone something...what does an NHL player on the Devils possibly know? Lou isn't letting anything out.

that's not true, if it's the player potentially being traded... if it's close to happening, and you don't run your business like an a$$hole, they'll get some headsup. and then there's the agents.

he was looking into booking Bergfors.

Looking at salary numbers, the deal is becoming more plausible to me, so long as Oduya (who is more plausible than Rolston/Zubrus) is part of the deal. With Oduya's $3 million off the cap next year, the Devils are $13 million under the cap, the only other significant potential free agents being Martin and Clarkson (who is restricted). The following year Langenbrunner and Pandolfo are off the cap, total $5.1 million, although Parise is a restricted free agent.

I want to freeze myself until the guy is traded to wherever.

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.