Usernames-former Ones

eldon

I just figured if any of you guys/gals have changed your username over the years this would be the good forum for it.

It is confusing when you see a new name, with 1300 posts & say, WTF?

Also if it isn't obvious, how you picked your name, tell why you picked yours.

I just started using eldon becuase L is my first initial (Larry)

And don is the first 3 letters of my last name.

If I could do it over, I'd probably pick eldee, because, that's more of my nickname LD with a lot of people. But I've always been too lazy to change it.

I was originally Sykkie17, it had been the only username I had gone by on the boards I had been posting at. Obviously I had it because Sykora was one favorite player.

A while ago, I changed my name to RoughDraft, most people think it has something to do with writing, but it's really just a song I had been listening to at the time (and couldn't think of anything else). It was also one of my favorite songs at the time.. Yellowcard - Rough Draft

My nickname with my friends is Jay and since I wanted to incorporate that into my username, along with something to do with the Devils, I kept repeating "NJDevil" in my head and then it hit me, why not put Jay in place of J? It sounds the same and is pronounced the same while having my nickname in it at the same time.

Ever since ESB nicknamed me "Little J" I've always thought about asking DM to change my username to that (if that's possible on this new board) but I can't seem to let go of "NJayDevil". I thought it was really creative at the time.

Ever since ESB nicknamed me "Little J" I've always thought about asking DM to change my username to that (if that's possible on this new board) but I can't seem to let go of "NJayDevil".  I thought it was really creative at the time.

It would be AWESOME if you were Little J. I always think of you as Little J. It goes with Little G.

Historically, I've been a big namechanger. I used to get very bored with names. And then there was the stupidstitious period, where I wanted to change when the team wasn't doing well.

But Elias Sports Bureau, well it just seems to suit me.

OK, you know the official organization the Elias (ee-lie-us) Sports Bureau, which handles sports stats. It just popped in my head one day to use it as Elias (elly-osh).

I think it works fine just by virtue of Elias being my favorite player, but I'm a sports copy editor too, so the name does really suit me. And I've gone away from it, but I always come back.

I don't even remember the other names, except I always liked devspage, even though it spells my real name (Paige) wrong.

First off I've been redruM since the begining...which for me was the '94-'95 season back on NJO.

The came obvisouly from the movie the Shining, but I started using it soph year in HS, basically a bunch of my friends had wathced the movie, and it freaked the hell out of them.

One night I was bored, and decided to scare the hell out of my friends, starting making crank calls to them, ( no caller ID in those days!!!) yelling redruM and then haning up, then I'd knock on the door and leave a threatening note that signed redruM.

Kept it up unitl me Senior year when my cover was blown.....Funny as friggin hell though!!!

Mine came back from 94-95 too, when the Crash Line first started, and if you

remember how they got that name was cause Doc would always say 'and

now the crashers are on the ice' and it ended up being their catchy lil name

(best 4th line in NHL History) and ever despite hating Holik after for being

a selfish prick and getting Peluso traded I kept the name and by then the

CRASHER line was way too catchy in my lil brain to change it again !!

All of my hockey board names have had something to do with Nieuwy - nieuwy 910, nieuwy25, etc, so when I came on here NJDev25 seemed natural. I think I may want to change mine to just "25" or JN25, something like that now.

I always keep this name everywhere I go. The first time i posted online was at a friends website about an actor...so my name sort of comes from there - with a little of my married name. It sort of fits my online persona and I'm too lazy and forgetful to come up with anything alternate...except the one time puckpoodle :P

Sometimes I debate being puckpoodle full-time on hockey sites but i worked so hard for this Pepperkorn rep... ;)

I can change names, already did TaraBelles.

My name is from my original days in 96 on NJO.com. I liked the Devils and my favorite position was goalie, so I combined NetMinder with Devils. Wa-la.. been that ever since.

LOL, yeah, you did... Now, admit it, I had to register here as Twisted Elegance because you were hoggin my name!!!!!!

I always posted as Tarabelle99 everywhere I went. Tara, well it's my name, and the whole Tarabelle (or T-Belle) thing started as a name from a friend about 10 years ago. The 99 got added as another "inside" joke.. pager days.. calling from friends houses etc.. just a code "Hey it's me, agent 99"

So everywhere I am, I'll be one or the other.... Twisted Elegance is a phrase from Janet Jackson's Velvet Rope CD.......... kinda suits me to a T- a little twisted yet elegant all at once ;)

Seinfeld was a good show.

Yeah, Seinfeld was great, and Puddy was absolutely perfect for his role. The time Elaine found out he was religious was one of my favorites. Very Funny.

Anyway kinda boring, but my first name is Chris, last name begins with a G, and 19 is my hockey number, soooo

ChrisG19

Crap, how did I miss all these threads? Must have been from when I was on vacation. Anyways..."sammyk" is my first name Sammy, and my last name begins with K. I use it just about everywhere too (sammyk874 if sammyk is unavailable)...so if you see it elsewhere, don't forget to say Hi! :P

Long story...

it went like this:

17inRed

21inRed

Sykie something or another

EllysAlly

Ally McSykzie (McKay + Sykora + McKenzie)

Ally Mc

Brr...It's Friesen

Ally

Basically, all the players I ever put in my usernames, kept getting traded, except Friesen, so I figured I'd play it safe and use my own name, to protect the players ;) I might get traded... but at least Friesen won't :)

Basically, all the players I ever put in my usernames, kept getting traded, except Friesen, so I figured I'd play it safe and use my own name, to protect the players ;) I might get traded... but at least Friesen won't :)

Just remember to change your name to that of a player we all want off the team. That way, everybody wins. :D

Just remember to change your name to that of a player we all want off the team. That way, everybody wins. :D

O yea, just let me know when you want someone gone ;)

hey you know Ally Berglund is starting to sound more and more catchy by the minute :D

hey you know Ally Berglund is starting to sound more and more catchy by the minute :D

Let's wait for a few players to be on the UNwanted list so she can make up one of those combination names! :D

Let's wait for a few players to be on the UNwanted list so she can make up one of those combination names! :D

Yeah... McSykzie was three for the price of one....