Dainius Zubrus

Zubie#8

How good is this guy!? He is a true Devil and if you could believe it he will be on this franchise for 9 years after the end of this contract. He plays the game right, can play in any forward position on any situation, always puts in a great effort night in and night out, is always a consistent player, and he is a great teammate and person. He won't flash you or put up big numbers but he has been a key cog on this team for years. It is great to see him become one of the fan favorites when at first he was booed and for whatever reason was everyone's scapegoat. It will be a sad day when he retires because he quickly became my all time favorite player when we first signed him. Conte better get going on that cloning device because he will be missed one day. Just thought an appreciation thread was worthy.

Zoooooobs!

Edited by Zubie#8

The dude is on pace for 41 points.  He's having a hell of an offensive year, and he's still great defensively.  The guy is versatile as well.  He's basically a bigger and stronger version of Sergei Brylin.  He's also got a heck of a wrist shot as well.  He is playing great hockey with Zajac and Jagr.  Love Zubie!

How good is this guy!? He is a true Devil and if you could believe it he will be on this franchise for 9 years after the end of this contract. He plays the game right, can play in any forward position on any situation, always puts in a great effort night in and night out, is always a consistent player, and he is a great teammate and person. He won't flash you or put up big numbers but he has been a key cog on this team for years. It is great to see him become one of the fan favorites when at first he was booed and for whatever reason was everyone's scapegoat. It will be a sad day when he retires because he quickly became my all time favorite player when we first signed him. Conte better get going on that cloning device because he will be missed one day. Just thought an appreciation thread was worthy.

Zoooooobs!

He was booed because people saw the 24 goals, 36 assist, 60 point season he put up the year before, saw the more offensive numbers he put up with Washington (when he was playing with Ovechkin), and were initially expecting more offense out of him.  Scott Gomez had also put up 60 points in his walk year, so I think a lot of Devil fans were seeing Zubrus as almost a direct replacement for Gomez, even though they had entirely different skillsets (and though Zubrus was signed long-term, his per-year salary was clearly nowhere near approaching star status).  I'll always feel that Lou thought he was getting a 50-60 point player at a bargain price, which obviously didn't happen, but Zubrus' offensive numbers as a Devil are about what they were whenever he wasn't playing with Ovechkin, so it's not like he didn't live up to what his track record suggested. 

I think his slow start in his first season as a Devil, high expectations, and his up-and-down effort in his first few Devil seasons didn't endear him to some, but overall he's been a pretty good lunchpail type who has had some big moments.  The most pleasant surprise as a Devils was that he's been healthy a lot of seasons...played in all 82 games three times, and 79 in another.  He was much more injury-prone before he became a Devil. 

Zoooooobs!

Def a guy I wasn't big on at first, but I love him now. Beast along the boards. That whole line is, but Zubes is great at muscling around defenders to get the puck.

Love the guy, but would it kill him to celebrate a little bit after he scores? He's had some good ones over the years (the backwards roll is my favorite), I'm hoping to see some more after he scores this year :lol:Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Yah that summersault he did 2 years ago was quite special.... I think its better he doesnt celebrate lol

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Forechecks ü

Cycles ü

Hits ü

Stick Handles ü very underrated here IMO

Passes ü

Possesses ü

Backchecks ü

Block Shots ü

Multipostional ü

and yes he can score too!!!  he and zajac are the two most complete players on this team

Edited by EdgeControl