Brodeur on the cover of NHL14 !!!

roomtemp

Scott Stevens was on the cover of NHL Hitz 2002 and he was over 30. i know its not EA but it counts.

One thing that doesn't bode well for Brodeur and Datsyuk is their age. When was the last time a 30+ player has been on the cover, Naslund? EA likes their up and comers

EA likes the up and comers because they are cheap. With this they already have the figure negotiated its a mater of who gets paid.

Scott Stevens was on the cover of NHL Hitz 2002 and he was over 30. i know its not EA but it counts.

Pre-ordered that game as soon as I saw the cover.. Who better to put on the cover of a hockey game centered around checking the crap out of opponents?

It would be awesome if Marty could pull this off, but Datsyuk is going to be tough. Whoever wins the Brodeur/Datsyuk matchup is going to win the finals. Bobrovsky or Tavares don't stand a chance against Brodeur or Datsyuk.

Just have to keep voting for Marty and hope for the best! Hopefully some other NJDevs members will pitch in. The link is http://covervote.nhl.com/#/ballot

Pre-ordered that game as soon as I saw the cover.. Who better to put on the cover of a hockey game centered around checking the crap out of opponents?

Good times. Used to play that game with my cousin and cousin in law when they used to live in their mom's place. That, Smash Bros Melee and Super Monkey Ball... Good Times

FYI http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/article/nhl-14-cover-vote-semifinals-update

I

find it weird that every other update talks about how close the voting

is but this one kinda puts Brodeur in front comfortably.

FYI http://www.easports.com/nhl/news/article/nhl-14-cover-vote-semifinals-update

I find it weird that every other update talks about how close the voting

is but this one kinda puts Brodeur in front comfortably.

That's actually bad news for us. Look at the reaction to that post...EA indicates that Brodeur has the lead, and tons of people freak out and post ridiculous sh!t about how Marty is old and washed up and doesn't deserve it and how Datsyuk is the obvious choice. Sadly, people are now going to devote a ton of time to voting Datsyuk to help him get back on top, and easily-impressionable people with no real horse in the race who see all of that negative Marty stuff will just click and blindly vote Datsyuk to right the supposed wrong of Marty leading.

The same thing happened last round. EA Sports posted that Lupul was leading Datsyuk, there was an uproar, and Datsyuk made a quick and comfortable comeback to take the win.

This just means we need to keep voting often, and take advantage of Twitter vote Thursdays. Any tweet with the hashtag #NHL14Brodeur on Thursday will count as 2 votes for Marty. It's also important to keep voting manually at covervote.nhl.com on Friday, Saturday, and Sunday (because Twitter votes don't count at all on those days).

Edited by JWomp

Does it really stop counting after 10? I just voted for Marty 30 times in a row and it keeps letting me vote?

No, there is no voting limit. If you really wanted to, you could vote 1,000 times a day. Or 10,000. Lol.

10 is just the maximum number of contest entries you can get per day.

Did people point out Marty is far more recognizable and Fathers the world over will buy Broduer way sooner that a dats..Datsun,  Dasyko.. whatever the hell that guy's name is?  Seriously - records and awards sell video games not a good seasons or two from some dude no one outside of current hockey fans has ever even heard of.

I;m just sayin' More people know Marty than anyone else in this thing.  He SHOULD be on the cover just for sales alone. EA better fix the vote.

• Like 1

Did people point out Marty is far more recognizable and Fathers the world over will buy Broduer way sooner that a dats..Datsun,  Dasyko.. whatever the hell that guy's name is?  Seriously - records and awards sell video games not a good seasons or two from some dude no one outside of current hockey fans has ever even heard of.

I;m just sayin' More people know Marty than anyone else in this thing.  He SHOULD be on the cover just for sales alone. EA better fix the vote.

I love Datsyuk, but I agree, Brodeur's the most marketable of the final 4, with Tavares coming a very close 2nd. While I think it's deserved, based on this past season, I'm surprised to see Bobrovsky getting so far.

yeah good point guys, vote for Marty and Bob..that's what I've been doing too. do it for 10 minutes at a time then come back and do as many 10 minute shifts as you care to do. I've been at work since 630 and have been using my laptop to vote instead of get anything done at work. Probably up to 100 for the day so far

Yup if its Marty vs Bob, Marty is definitely winning.. Been voting as much today as I can

I wouldn't guarantee that. Bob has a cult following due to some very popular TSN Sportscentre anchors  If he got to the finals it could be something where people vote him in just for the comedy factor of it. He's gotten this far for a reason, so I wouldn't think it is close to a given.