Official 2010 Stanley Cup Finals Thread

MDPucks

77 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win the Stanley Cup Finals?

• Philly in 4
    • Philly in 5
    • Philly in 6
    • Philly in 7
    • Chicago in 4
    • Chicago in 5
    • Chicago in 6
    • Chicago in 7

1975 vs. 1961

Schedule:

05/29 SAT Game 1 @ Chicago (NBC/CBC/RDS)

05/31 MON Game 2 @ Chicago (NBC/CBC/RDS)

06/02 WED Game 3 @ Philadelphia (Versus/CBC/RDS)

06/04 FRI Game 4 @ Philadelphia (Versus/CBC/RDS)

06/06 SUN Game 5 @ Chicago (NBC/CBC/RDS)*

06/09 WED Game 6 @ Philadelphia (NBC/CBC/RDS)*

06/11 FRI Game 7 @ Chicago (NBC/CBC/RDS)*

(*If necessary)

Edited by mdsieve

• Replies 319
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would like to mention the EPIC scene it'll be in Chicago with the anthem being played Game 2 on Memorial Day night and the potential of it being played Game 5 on the annaversary of D-Day.

Well, at least we know 4 games on NHLONNBC. ( 2 vs rags, 2 vs chi)

I'm happy this isn't another detriot pittsberg deal, but i want the blackhawks to win so bad, SO bad.

But i voted for philly since everything else is going their way. Losing an overperforming goalie, to another overperforming goalie, having the 2nd pick in the NBA draft when they shouldn't, having a 1st place MLB team, building the smallest ballpark when they have all the room in the world to build a bigger one. Please chi sweep them

The Blackhawks are my second favorite team, so I'll be rooting extremely hard for them. My prediction: Chicago in 5, Dustin Byfuglien wins the Conn Smythe.

:puke: he is the only reason I'm having a hard time rooting for the Hawks. I can't fvcking stand him.

Edited by Satans Hockey

Hawks in 6. The Flyers will be the first team not afraid to push Byfuglien around and the Flyers' physical play will be a factor. But the Chicago offense will [finally] overwhelm Leighton and guys like Pronger, and the Flyers will crumble.

I can easily see the series playing out exactly the opposite however. It will be a close series.

Flyers in 6.. I'm convinced they're just too tough and unpredictable for any team to handle in these playoffs.. I hate the Flyers, but I have a lot of respect for how tough they play.. I wish more of our guys were that relentless

Edited by Colin226

Philly has been the true opportunist of this year's playoffs. In the first round they got a fractured Devils team with no defense, a terrible power play, and only 2 lines. Second round Boston was kicking the Flyers around until Krejci's injury rendered the Bruins into a Devils-esque 2-line team plus the Flyers got reinforcements back. Third round frankly Montreal had already shot their wad against Pittsburgh and Washington and was too small up front to counter Philly's size down low.

But now enter the dragon in Chicago which sports size, speed, and depth both up-front and on the blueline. Chicago has proved that they can play both up-tempo and trench warfare and their power play will make Philadelphia pay for their lack of discipline. Remember who Philly's defense has had the greatest problems with so far: Zubrus, Lucic, and Montreal's 4th line all of which were aggressive and willing to play physical. Byfuglien, Toews, Ladd, Versteeg, Brouwer all throw their weight around the crease allowing Kane, Hossa, and Sharp to stay clean of hacking D-men. Pronger won't be able to hack and intimidate a bunch of smurfs as he did versus Montreal.

I'm sick of the Blackhawks bandwagon fans. I'm sick of the Flyers fans period. Once again, I fvckin HATE this Final.

That said, I'm obviously pulling for Chicago.

No bandwagon fans are worse then the fans that jumped aboard the 2004 Tampon Bay Lighning wagon. Nowadays you would be hard pressed to find a Lightning fan outside the St. Pete Times forum wearing a Lightning jersey 5 minutes afater a game gets out.

If Philly win this, I'm moving to fvcking Australia for the summer and not coming back until football season starts.

Oh, the hell life would be down here. It really would be almost unbearable. There’s no question Chicago simply has to win this series. I don’t think I could stomach seeing Dan “poopstain mustache” Carcillo raising the Cup. It would be an affront to, well, everything good and right in the universe.

GO MADDOG! and GO BLACKHAWKS!!!!

Chitown should actually score on Philthy.

It is amazing how the chips fell in Philthys favor this year, but it HAS TO STOP!!!! rant2.gif

I LOATHE the Phailures ENTIRELY!!!!

Hawks brooms please!!!!!!