Matteau defends his goalie

Matteau#32

Plain and simple ... unless that ending includes at least 400+ more wins, 70+ more shutouts, and 3 Stanley Cups, then Henrik's legacy will always be overshadowed by Marty's.

I'm not trying to compare their legacies...at this point there is no comparison. I was just pointing out that one story is on its last chapter, and the other one is only halfway finished.

I'm not trying to compare their legacies...at this point there is no comparison. I was just pointing out that one story is on its last chapter, and the other one is only halfway finished.

After 7 years, Marty was only 1/3 done! :boogie:

After 7 years, Marty was only 1/3 done! :boogie:

I guess it depends when you're starting from. I don't really count that 4-game cup of coffee and brief playoff appearance in '91-'92 as anything. I consider '93-'94 the starting point.

But yeah, the guy's longevity is ridiculous...even if he's not what he was, he's still good to very good most of the time...kind of like a former .340 hitter who now hits .290 but still has 4-for-4 days here and there.

I don't know why we even bring Marty down with this argument. Henrik is great and will go down as a great goalie. He will never in his prime even touch where Marty was in his prime...sorry. Marty is a sport changer, the greatest ever...Henrik will be a hall of famer.

Sabermetrics Sabermetrics Sabermetrics

The sabes didn't really factor that heavily into this series...Rangers actually seemed to crack the Devils' forechecking scheme, but thankfully the Devils found a way to win Games 5 and 6...I'm guessing the sabes showed the Rangers should've won those games. The sabes probably showed the Devils should've won Games 1 and 3 fairly handily.

But it's official...Matteau#32 is just another clown Ranger fan...knew he'd disappear if/when his team lost. I actually went on hockeysfuture.com (hadn't posted there in years), and some of the Ranger fans there continue to go on and on about how Matteau's goal will always haunt the Devils, how the Devils have never gotten over it...never mind that the Devils have won three Cups and are now playing in their fifth Cup final since the Rangers blew their wad. It's actually mind-boggling how dumb as a whole that fanbase is...it's almost scary.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Lundqvist is a 30 year old butterfly goalie. He might not have 5 seasons to get 5 Cup Finals. I'm not going to talk bad about the guy, he carried that Julienball mediocre playoff team about as far as it could be carried. It's just what it is. He's not getting there.

And yes, Matteau was obviously being a douche and his disappearing act confirmed it. But what did he honestly think was going to happen, the Rangers kept flipping the coin and always got the flip they needed when they needed it. They were bound to be on the wrong side of a coinflip eventually. Teams that are 10-9 going into a 3rd round elimination game hardly have a birthright to win anything.

But it's official...Matteau#32 is just another clown Ranger fan...knew he'd disappear if/when his team lost.

He might be serving out a minor suspension; he thought it would be cute to create a game 7 GDT before game 6.

Edited by squishyx

The sabes didn't really factor that heavily into this series...Rangers actually seemed to crack the Devils' forechecking scheme, but thankfully the Devils found a way to win Games 5 and 6...I'm guessing the sabes showed the Rangers should've won those games. The sabes probably showed the Devils should've won Games 1 and 3 fairly handily.

But it's official...Matteau#32 is just another clown Ranger fan...knew he'd disappear if/when his team lost. I actually went on hockesfuture.com (hadn't posted there in years), and some of the Ranger fans there continue to go on and on about how Matteau's goal will always haunt the Devils, how the Devils have gotten over it...never mind that the Devils have won three Cups and are now playing in their fifth Cup final since the Rangers blew their wad. It's actually mind-boggling how dumb as a whole that fanbase is...it's almost scary.

They're in denial CR. The only thing they could hold over our heads for the last 18 years is gone. They're mourning a death. Denial is one of the stages of grief.

I told everyone that he's been trolling for years here. He'll come back at some point, he always does. :troll1:

But he joined the forum in 2002. Nobody who has been here for that long can troll, regardless of what he says.

Edit: Hopefully we haven't seen him in a few days because he has finally been banned. The guy is a clown and it's time we finally realized he's just trying to antagonize people.

Hey Matteau, since you started the GDT for Game 7 of the ECF, let me know how that game turned out for you and your Rags you fvckin loser.

Edited by devils26

But he joined the forum in 2002. Nobody who has been here for that long can troll, regardless of what he says.

Edit: Hopefully we haven't seen him in a few days because he has finally been banned.

He trolls all right, he's just usually smart enough to throw in reasonable posts when people call him out on trolling. He's like that agitator that always is right on the line and frequently steps over it when he can get away with it.

Plus there are so few posters from other teams that come here, he probably does get away with more than he would elsewhere because of it.

Edited by NJDevs4978

The day the change an NHL rule due to Lundquvist is the day I'll begin to acknowledge he's might be as good as Marty. MIGHT. The is no denying that Lundquvist is an exceptional goalie and nobody can do it on their own, but having him in the same conversation as Marty at this point in his career is simply insane. When it's all said and done, then I'll revisit the comparison, but until then, Henrik can't compare. Not yet.

Scoops

Except Matteau didn't troll much. He actually engaged in a lot of good debate and even when he did so was attacked pointlessly. That's just the truth. Now, the fact that he showed up only for this series and left after the Rags lost - makes him lose his credibility as a good poster and honest fan. If you only come here when the Rangers do well you start to creep into troll territory.

Except Matteau didn't troll much. He actually engaged in a lot of good debate and even when he did so was attacked pointlessly. That's just the truth. Now, the fact that he showed up only for this series and left after the Rags lost - makes him lose his credibility as a good poster and honest fan. If you only come here when the Rangers do well you start to creep into troll territory.

You don't remember Derek do you??? :rofl:

Ol' D-Flex was a million times more miserable after defeats :giggle:

You don't remember Derek do you??? :rofl:

Ol' D-Flex was a million times more miserable after defeats :giggle:

I do but I was here only for the last year of his posting or so. No idea what he was like cuz the Devils haven't played the Rangers in the playoffs since then. Come to think of it we've ost almost all our foreign fan posters: ThreeStars....LOTCB....we runnin' them outta town or something? Are our glasses more red-tinted than ever?

Edited by ben00rs

I do but I was here only for the last year of his posting or so. No idea what he was like cuz the Devils haven't played the Rangers in the playoffs since then. Come to think of it we've ost almost all our foreign fan posters: ThreeStars....LOTCB....we runnin' them outta town or something? Are our glasses more red-tinted than ever?

Threestars moved to Austrailia, LCB is more on the facebook (and there has been a steady decline in post-quality around here the last few years, THAT has more to do with it then anything....we've lost a lot of regular Devils ones....me too to an extent)

What a load of horse sh!t. Why do you keep sticking up for this clown? He's a troll, just because he's been around here longer then any other troll doesn't mean sh!t.

I am right here, not going anywhere. The Ottawa series I was miserable after each loss, was a bit more even-keeled for the Washington series, trying to stay the same for this series and the Finals.
I thought the "Marty's Better" chant was cute. Although it is not even close to being true.

Like I said on Wednesday, I expected a split in NJ (although did want last night's game). Rangers win the next 2 and move onto the finals. Queue Triumph with some Fenwick and Corsi numbers and an explanation about why the Rangers won't win 2 in a row.

What a load of horse sh!t. Why do you keep sticking up for this clown? He's a troll, just because he's been around here longer then any other troll doesn't mean sh!t.

You didn't even read my post did u? I didn't say anything about his length of tenure and If u read my last sentence......you know what forget it, logic doesn't apply to ur post does it? The reason I ever stuck up for Matteau is simple, he is a good poster, better than many on these boards and this board is at it's best when it has debate from all sides. The more good posters the better. Who's the troll now?

EDIT: none of those examples are trolling btw. Is that really your standard? Plus, that has nothing to do with the majority of his posts.

Edited by ben00rs

You didn't even read my post did u? I didn't say anything about his length of tenure and If u read my last sentence......you know what forget it, logic doesn't apply to ur post does it? The reason I ever stuck up for Matteau is simple, he is a good poster, better than many on these boards and this board is at it's best when it has debate from all sides. The more good posters the better. Who's the troll now?

This is the part that was horse sh!t about your post...

Except Matteau didn't troll much. He actually engaged in a lot of good debate and even when he did so was attacked pointlessly. That's just the truth.

The second part of your post is you're finally starting to figure it out. He won't be back for awhile cause he only comes on here to troll.

We can agree to disagree, I think Matteau is a fvcking idiot blow hard Rangers fan and you like him. We can leave it at that.

Edited by Satans Hockey