Elias on Kovalchuk

Rock

Could not agree more, especially with the nostalgia department. Also, where is this that he is a leader? When? I know he had the C for a while, but that was taken away and has since had the A. What leadership qualities has he brought other than played more games than anyone else currently for the Devils except Brodeur? Plus after meeting him in person more than once, he doesn't seem the type to give speeches in the locker room. Again, he is one of my fav all-time devils, but there comes a time to let go and move on.

Bingo.

Sadly, how can the team really 'move on'. He's essentially untradable, and if the devils buy-out his contract you'll have everyone up-in-arms about how unloyal the devils are to their players (see: pandolfo)

• Replies 118
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bingo.

Sadly, how can the team really 'move on'. He's essentially untradable, and if the devils buy-out his contract you'll have everyone up-in-arms about how unloyal the devils are to their players (see: pandolfo)

I'd be more up in arms about the dead cap space honestly :P

I'd be more up in arms about the dead cap space honestly :P

+1

Who cares about the loyalty now?? We.ve kept alot of players, now it's time for the young time, see what teams have success?? Chicago, Pitts, Wash etc. Now we have good pieces to complete the puzzle, Kovy and parise (if re-signed) will be the core of this young squad. I dont hjave an idea who the goalie will be.

We have a good rookie squad coming: Magnan-Grenier, urbom, Tedenby, Josefson, Tedenby, henrique, Taormina, Frazee, Parise, kovy, A-Train etc. etc.

I'm a little tired of seeing the old guys here. get this team fresh. Keep a couple of veterans, and get this team young. Put marty in the coaching staff.

I know this will take a couple of years with LL, but we'll see...

Edited by Devs3cups

Long term, the team is in good shape IF they can fix Kovy. The cap hit isn't the problem, it's the years. The old guys are part of the problem this year, as is Kovy's inability to fit into the system. Guess what, those problems aren't going away overnight, but Kovy's here for 15 years, and we can at least hope Johnny Mac and company can fix him this year. The cap clears up as Elias, Langs and Rolston's contracts expire and we don't resign them. Aside from the fact that I like Elias, there's no point b!tching about him, cause he's here and not going anywhere til the contract expires. Assuming we can resign Parise, we have a bunch of good pieces locked up long term, a bunch of good role players coming up through the system, and possibly a huge draft pick this year that we can spend on a center or d-man (not sure whose available, but those are 2 assets we need that we can't really trade for). Our biggest long term issue is goalie, but since the rule changes, that matters very little. This is why I give Lou some leeway -- he built a cup winner around Marty only for Marty to become less important after the lockout. He's made some mistakes, the biggest being Rolston, but he seems to be making more of an effort to spend his money on guys who will make a difference now. The Kovalchuk signing is going to be a disaster or a genius move, but it's gonna take time. Elias is right. Hopefully he's also right that Kovy is willing and able to learn.

Who gave Elias the NMC I'll answer that question LOU!!

Lou has screwed this team. imagine giving a NMC to Arnott. Those with NTC Marty, Langs, Volchenkov, Rolston, White and Hedberg. It's time for Vanderbeek to take over and manage a NHL hockey team or face more empty seats.

:horse:

And here I had just removed you from my ignore list after I thought you had made big strides and were done with the senseless ranting about one single topic.

Back to it you go.

Who cares about the loyalty now?? We.ve kept alot of players, now it's time for the young time, see what teams have success?? Chicago, Pitts, Wash etc. Now we have good pieces to complete the puzzle, Kovy and parise (if re-signed) will be the core of this young squad. I dont hjave an idea who the goalie will be.

We have a good rookie squad coming: Magnan-Grenier, urbom, Tedenby, Josefson, Tedenby, henrique, Taormina, Frazee, Parise, kovy, A-Train etc. etc.

I'm a little tired of seeing the old guys here. get this team fresh. Keep a couple of veterans, and get this team young. Put marty in the coaching staff.

I know this will take a couple of years with LL, but we'll see...

I agree to an extent, but I don't think we really have those 'pieces' you mention yet. We don't have that high-end young talent coming up. Tedenby's small and him achieving any sort of success seems like a stretch to me, and the rest seem like bottom-6 potential.

We need veteran presence to help the rookies along, and I'm okay with having some of the current vets around. I mean, how's icing 2-3 rookies on D going for us?

Edited by Devilsfan118

We don't have that high-end young talent coming up. Tedenby's small and him achieving any sort of success seems like a stretch to me, and the rest seem like bottom-6 potential.

We need veteran presence to help the rookies along, and I'm okay with having some of the current vets around. I mean, how's icing 2-3 rookies on D going for us?

You're right, I believe, on everything you said. Maybe Josefson will be good, though?

Edited by Jerrydevil

that sh!tty Langs gets his head smashed into the boards and still comes up with a goal and manages to keep this team in the shutout.

.... where Elias failed.

If anyone showed up its Arnott.

Langs has stepped it up, hopefully he can keep his head in the right place for longer than a few games (although it may be difficult after ramming it into the boards).

Patty and Arnie lead the team in points. They both seem to be finding their grove.

Langs has stepped it up, hopefully he can keep his head in the right place for longer than a few games (although it may be difficult after ramming it into the boards).

Patty and Arnie lead the team in points. They both seem to be finding their grove.

In bold: the one good about this is that it should keep the Koval-shills quiet for a while...no more, "well, Kovy does lead the team in points..."

Sadly this is about what I expected from Kovy, but I never in my wildest nightmares expected him to be THIS worthless. About the only thing left that he has going for him is that this is a pretty small sample size...but if anything, he seems to be playing even worse.

In bold: the one good about this is that it should keep the Koval-shills quiet for a while...no more, "well, Kovy does lead the team in points..."

Sadly this is about what I expected from Kovy, but I never in my wildest nightmares expected him to be THIS worthless. About the only thing left that he has going for him is that this is a pretty small sample size...but if anything, he seems to be playing even worse.

Didn't realise but Langs also has 9 points to share the team lead, so the vets seem to be getting it done.

Kovy is only point back on 8 points, but all in all the whole team really needs to pick up.

everyone is still well below where they should be.

when patty was a free agent,he had a significantly more lucrative offer to sign with the rangers. He bypassed his agent ,called lou directly,and found a way to remain a devil.He has always shown loyalty to the organization,and has always put winning and not stats at the top of his priorities.At 34,its not feasable for him to be the type of point producer he was.His body has gone through a tremendous amount the last number of years,including concussion,sports hernia surgery,and heppatitus.His comments about kovie stem from sheer and utter frustration,as during his tenure as a devil,the entire formula and concept has always been about winning,and team play.Those of you who rip him in this forum are entitled to your opinions,but he still wants this team to win,and plays hard every night. I believe playing with arnott, that by the end of the season they will both put up solid numbers.

when patty was a free agent,he had a significantly more lucrative offer to sign with the rangers. He bypassed his agent ,called lou directly,and found a way to remain a devil.He has always shown loyalty to the organization,and has always put winning and not stats at the top of his priorities.At 34,its not feasable for him to be the type of point producer he was.His body has gone through a tremendous amount the last number of years,including concussion,sports hernia surgery,and heppatitus.His comments about kovie stem from sheer and utter frustration,as during his tenure as a devil,the entire formula and concept has always been about winning,and team play.Those of you who rip him in this forum are entitled to your opinions,but he still wants this team to win,and plays hard every night. I believe playing with arnott, that by the end of the season they will both put up solid numbers.

In bold: source? I seem to remember the fact that Sather wouldn't give him a NTC being the main sticking point.

Elias overall has been very "meh" since singing the big deal...the first two years couldn't have been weaker (did you really think his numbers were going to drop as much as they did after he came back so strongly from Hep A?), he had a sizzling first half a couple of seasons ago, last season was a mixed bag. How much winning (come playoff time) have the Devils done since he signed that deal? It's OK if you admire him, but it sounds like spin doctoring when you say "oh, well, because his stats are down, he cares about winng more."

Nine points in sixteen games isn't getting it done (that's a 45-point pace), it's just the shinest turd in a pool full of turds.

I should have clarified, I meant over the last few games.

And I agree, and did say, everyone is still well below where they should be.

In bold: source? I seem to remember the fact that Sather wouldn't give him a NTC being the main sticking point.

Elias overall has been very "meh" since singing the big deal...the first two years couldn't have been weaker (did you really think his numbers were going to drop as much as they did after he came back so strongly from Hep A?), he had a sizzling first half a couple of seasons ago, last season was a mixed bag. How much winning (come playoff time) have the Devils done since he signed that deal? It's OK if you admire him, but it sounds like spin doctoring when you say "oh, well, because his stats are down, he cares about winng more."

I know Ethanmax and he is VERY credible when it comes to his facts and doesnt need to disclose his source. I usually go to him if I ever need to find out any news or clarifications on what is really going on with the team.

when it comes to Elias, I have to agree with what he said completely and whole-heartedly. I think Elias gives 100% everytime he hits the ice and does the best to his ability. I would never question the loyalty of Elias or any of the other players on this team.

Right now this team has to work together and find a way to win. Real championship teams dont give up and have to keep chopping away. If the Devils overcome this adversity and make the playoffs, then that will definitely show me the "character" of this team