Triangle Park Designs

The Rock 07

To date, NDCRC completed the Circulation Transportation Project, the New Jersey Devils Championship Plaza and $500 mm IRC 1031 Land Exchange.The NDCRC’s current project is the design, construction and management of the future “Triangle Park” which when completed in 2012 will be the first Downtown park built in over 30 years.

This is the first time I've seen a completion date and I've been on that website before so they must have just recently put that up.

Edited by The Rock 07

Is this park supposed to go where the parking lots are now? Wouldnt the lot owners fight this as they make a lot from the games?

I think the park looks nice myself, but I do agree that it will eventually be another spot for the homelss to urinate and sleep at.

Mike

I cant get the damn graphic to upload from work..

Is this park supposed to go where the parking lots are now? Wouldnt the lot owners fight this as they make a lot from the games?

I think the park looks nice myself, but I do agree that it will eventually be another spot for the homelss to urinate and sleep at.

Mike

Ya based on the design on the invite its current form is just like DIG's bottom image.

Ya based on the design on the invite its current form is just like DIG's bottom image.

If that's what it's gonna end up looking like, then I kinda hope the end up changing the name from Triangle Park cuz ... ya know ... it isn't very triangular.

If that's what it's gonna end up looking like, then I kinda hope the end up changing the name from Triangle Park cuz ... ya know ... it isn't very triangular.

You know they'll name it after a person.. Too bad Veterans Park was created last fall up by the courthouses.. That's usually a popular park name

You know they'll name it after a person.. Too bad Veterans Park was created last fall up by the courthouses.. That's usually a popular park name

Didn't this come up last year? If memory recalls correctly, we thought of calling Triangle Park "McMullen Park" then Championship Plaza as the "Lou Lamoriello Championship Plaza".

I could see it getting named something like Freedom Park or Liberty Park.

The thing I don't get about this design is the giant ramp structure that makes up so much of the park. I guess it creates some kind of retail space down below without losing green space, and that's cool, but what's the incentive to actually walk these ramps that lead to nothing in particular? From that one concept, it looks like there's some kind of statue/modern art piece at the Southeast end. The Northeast end looks like more pavement than grass, so I wonder what's going on over there.

Kool-aid Park.

Finally people are catching up... Look at the griffith building, shaq towers to get an idea of what is going to happen. In other words good luck it ain't gonna happen. Newark itself is in a financial meltdown so don't expect any aid from the city

This would make more sense: http://www.newarkrbp.org/pdf/NIFPresentEdison1.09.pdf

Edited by block921