Official 2011 New York Mets Thread

NJDevs4978

I love how Jerry said we looked unprepared against Livan...gee, that's an accomplishment considering he was ON the Mets most of last year, if anyone should have known how he pitches it's us.

Maybe he's just trying to get fired at this point, or he's beyond an airhead to say something like that. With the schedule the Mets have coming up I'm not sure Jerry sees May at this point :blink:

• Replies 1.6k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Maybe he's just trying to get fired at this point, or he's beyond an airhead to say something like that.

Sitting at home in California and enjoying the beautiful weather while collecting a good paycheck without having do anything doesn't sound too bad. :lol:

In all seriousness, whatever happens, it should be a win-win situation; if the Mets start winning games - awesome, of course. And if the Mets lose - its going to suck, but thankfully Jerry and Omar will likely be canned.

Edited by nmigliore

Maine is having a disastrous outing. His control stinks again, his slider has been very inconsistent though his change-up has been alright, and his 88-89 mph fastball isn't beating anyone, not even the pitcher. Maine also made a God-awful throwing error on a silly, rushed side-arm throw to 1B.

Maine is in big trouble if this is where his velocity is going to sit from now on. When hes pitched well (2006 and 2007), his best pitch has always been his fastball; now that he can barely top 90 is a really bad sign. His secondary pitches were always pretty much average to begin with, so its not like he can prosper with an underwhelming fastball.

Edited by nmigliore

One good thing to come out of the Mets' season ending early (this group doesn't have the talent nor the fight to overcome a bad start...by the time they come back to CitiField, the season will likely be over, from a contention standpoint):

The charade is over. No more of Omar's used car salesman pitches about how if everyone performs above their heads, the Mets will contend. I'm sure he'll throw Jerry under the bus at some point (and Jerry deserves it...he's already managing and sounding like a guy who's given up and resigned himself to the fact that his team is a bunch of hapless losers), but hopefully, FINALLY, the Wilpons will wake up and realize this team is going nowhere under the current management and lose Omar too, and that it's time for a new voice and a new approach.

2-6 and already 5 games out of first. Unbelievable, yet VERY believable.

It's going to be hard to tell which will be more dead...this thread, or CitiField. At this rate this thread will soon be "nmig's updates on Mets' minor league prospects". Which I like reading, because they at least give me hope for the future. But the 2010 Mets are already done. The Wilpons had their chance to clean house and didn't take care of business, but for the love of God don't let this stench linger NOW when the season's already over. Do the right thing and start planning for '11 and beyond ASAP...Jerry and Omar aren't in those plans.

2-6 and already 5 games out of first. Unbelievable, yet VERY believable.

It's going to be hard to tell which will be more dead...this thread, or CitiField. At this rate this thread will soon be "nmig's updates on Mets' minor league prospects". Which I like reading, because they at least give me hope for the future. But the 2010 Mets are already done. The Wilpons had their chance to clean house and didn't take care of business, but for the love of God don't let this stench linger NOW when the season's already over. Do the right thing and start planning for '11 and beyond ASAP...Jerry and Omar aren't in those plans.

this continues, and they will have to pay people to go to citi field!

Big Pelf' turns in a much-needed gem: 7 innings, 5 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 6 strikeouts.

His demeanor on the mound looks so much different this year; he looks so relaxed on the mound, throwing free and easy. Hes really utilizing his secondary pitches too, particularly his newly-developed splitter. Its only 2 starts, but I love what I've seen from Mike so far.

Edited by nmigliore

Big Pelf' turns in a much-needed gem: 7 innings, 5 hits, 0 runs, 0 walks, 6 strikeouts.

His demeanor on the mound looks so much different this year; he looks so relaxed on the mound, throwing free and easy. Hes really utilizing his secondary pitches too, particularly his newly-developed splitter. Its only 2 starts, but I love what I've seen from Mike so far.

In a season like this, gotta look for positives wherever you can find them. Good for Pelf, and Francoeur for that matter here in the early going.

And Castillo, thanks for reminding us all why we can't stand you.

Well at least there is some positive news to this loss -- Oliver Perez: 6.1 IP, 4 hits (3 of which came from David Freese), 1 ER, 2 unintentional walks, 4 strikeouts.

terrific outing...but with Ollie you have to temper your excitement until he puts in 3-4 solid outings together.

at least they showed some fight in the 9th. they haven't gotten over the hump yet but they do not roll over and die like last year. I think the day is coming where the Mets will learn how to come from behind and win a game. They're just about to turn the corner.

Edited by '7'

Santana just capped off an outstanding day: 7 innings, 4 hits, 0 runs, 1 BB, 9 K

Its too bad the Mets have given him absolutely NOTHING in terms of run support. 1 freakin' hit! Nothing against Garcia either, hes looked very sharp, but this RH-dominant lineup should have been able to hit him a little better, jeez.

Edited by nmigliore

Japanese baseball players are usually very reserved, but Igarashi shows a lot of emotion out there...it's a cultural thing, but I don't ever remember seeing one this animated.

It's a feast or famine lineup and today is definitely famine. Reyes is still not quite right, Bay still hasn't found his stroke, we desperately need Beltran to beef up the lineup and hopefully Ike Davis somewhere down the line.

Edited by '7'

Wow.... I don't know what to say anymore. The Cards have basically given up and Blanco and Jacobs couldn't hit Lopez. The pitcher, Raul Valdes, got the only hit, and he got thrown out trying to advance to 2nd on a throwing error.

Edited by nmigliore

If you can't get a run off the Cardinals 2nd baseman, please cease operations as a franchise and fold.

i mean it!

how much humiliation does this franchise have to endure already?

Edited by '7'

Can Yadier Molina die please? Just literally die

same sh!t we've seen from Franco, Benitez, Looper, Wagner etc. you put on a Mets uniform...and the curse descends upon you. You can NOT give up a run here Frankie

Edited by '7'