Elias And Havlat Could Be Package Deal

Rock

But on the other hand, I think it's on Patty to show a little loyalty to the organization that believed in him and still committed $4 million to him with his health a big question mark. Lou stuck by Patty when he was at his lowest point- now it's time for Patty to show Lou the same loyalty he was shown. On top of that, Patty should not be holding the organization hostage to get Havlat by threatening to leave. He knows we'd have to trade one of Gomer or Gio for him, and that fvcks with a great chemistry we've built- Patty claims he wants to win- but you can't have it both ways. This team- in my mind- can challenge for the Cup next year if we can pick up a halfway decent PP quarterback and a good second line center. Trading Gomez or Gionta to placate Elias fvcks with that big time in my humble opinion, and I don't want to see it happen. C'mon Patty- you've got a great organization that respects you, fans that love you, and a chance to be the next captain. Do the right thing and sign on the dotted line, and don't pull this Niedermayer sh!t.

MadDog gets it. That's my thoughts exactly on this whole situation. It would be so ungrateful of him to shaft us. As much as Patty has done for the Devils over the years, the Devils have done just as much, if not more for him. Loyalty is a big part of the game.

If Ottawa wants a Gomer for Havlat deal I would do it. If Elias agrees to sign and we get Havlat it almost guarantee Havlat would sign a longer term deal. Lou would have to look for a center, maybe Arnott but we would be set on offensse and goalie for a long time.

Trading Gomez makes absolutely no sense.

Hes our only bonafide playmaking offensive centerman.

How do you replace him?

Trading Gomez makes absolutely no sense.

Hes our only bonafide playmaking offensive centerman.

How do you replace him?

If Parise wasn't on the team I would say no but I expect big things from him next year. We would also need to try to grab an Arnott