Slats head scratching summer

MantaRay

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I said it after the Redden signing and reiterated it after the Naslund signing ... it's good to have the late-'90s, early-'00s Rangers back. That first post-lockout team actually scared me, but now that Sather is being Sather again we should all breathe a little easier.

But I do feel a little queezy agreeing with Larry Brooks so much.

I said it after the Redden signing and reiterated it after the Naslund signing ... it's good to have the late-'90s, early-'00s Rangers back. That first post-lockout team actually scared me, but now that Sather is being Sather again we should all breathe a little easier.

Me too.

As much as I hate to agree with Brooks....he nails it in this article. The Queen will be seeing a lot more quality shots this season.

Pads are smaller too this year, no? I think thats a HUGE factor that not many people are remembering.. Obviously for Brodeur is just a laughable matter since he already has the smallest pads.. but for the Queen Lundqvist its gonna effect him

Edited by nmigliore

Pads are smaller too this year, no? I think thats a HUGE factor that not many people are remembering.. Obviously for Brodeur is just a laughable matter since he already has the smallest pads.. but for the Queen Lundqvist its gonna effect him

I'm not sure that is going to take effect this year. I read in some article that since they were going to make the equipment in relation to the body size of the goalie that it was going to take at least a year to develop. I hope we see change this year, but I don't know.

What? Now they aren't..? I thought they were making goalie pads smaller..

Looks like the Queen is still gonna be a btch to score on.. gotta shoot high on him, he doesn't even have to try with the low shots b/c of his big hulking pads.

What? Now they aren't..? I thought they were making goalie pads smaller..

Looks like the Queen is still gonna be a btch to score on.. gotta shoot high on him, he doesn't even have to try with the low shots b/c of his big hulking pads.

That's how we beat Giggy and the Ducks in 2003, shoot high stick side.

fvck off go to your rags forum, everybody here realizes goalies like Giguere, Luongo, and Lundqvist and others are over-rated from their ridiculous pad size.

Get over it.

If you look closely, the knee rolls are moved down a bit to make room for the cooling hydra coils inside the shin and the rotating knee lifts.

Also, notice the break in his glove. The reason it's like that is because there are actually 7 finger stalls in the glove. He can change the position of his hand, and that in turn changes the angle of his glove in relation to his C/A arm.

Also noted: Worn on the goaltender's legs to both protect the legs and help stop shots. The leg pads may not be more than 12 inches (300 mm) in width. (Current NHL Rules have reduced this to 11 inches (280 mm) in width, while also restricting the overall height to 38 inches.) The leg pads should come to about three inches above the knee. Pads that are too long will affect balance and timing; pads that are too short will not protect the knees or make butterfly saves properly.

It's perfectly legit. Making this argument that "Oh! HIS LEG PADS AER 2 BIG! Is like making the argument that Brodeur's "records" are nullified due to the uber devil's trap system during your peak.

Sounds ridiculous? That's because it is.

Edited by Rangerfans

That's how we beat Giggy and the Ducks in 2003, shoot high stick side.

Why don't we go out and get like a 1,000 pound guy and have him lay sideways in front of the net the whole game? I mean, how much room could there possibly be? Let him eat a few sandwiches between plays (keep in game shape!) and can have him join Chico's Eats segments!

Now THAT is better than big pads! :)

Why don't we go out and get like a 1,000 pound guy and have him lay sideways in front of the net the whole game? I mean, how much room could there possibly be? Let him eat a few sandwiches between plays (keep in game shape!) and can have him join Chico's Eats segments!

Now THAT is better than big pads! :)

Now that sounds like Marty Brodeur last season :giggle: What a fine physical specimen he was.

Relax, please put the pitch folks down, I'm just teasing.

That was actually Islander's owner Charles Wang's idea. He proposed to get sumo wrestlers and use them as goalies.

...taken directly from The Mighty Ducks! Good ol' Goldberg...creator of the "Fat kid = goalie" stereotype for years to come.

I hate that movie.

uh oh, so llundqvist is actually going to have to learn to play goal now! does this mean he will challenge the shot instead of sitting on the goal line like a soccer keeper?

Can someone answer me a question, because I've failed to figure this one out.

Ok...people complain about the "crazy" thigh guards that up from the "thigh" and are used predominately by butterfly goalies so when they "close" their legs per se, the gap is immediately shut. Ok, so I can see how those can benefit the 5-hole.

...but if a goalie extends his leg to make a pad save, how can a thigh guard which (again) is at the thigh, assist in a PAD save that hits near his shin.

Hmm....

point out where anyone said anything about a thigh guard? i'm going to take a guess and assume you're a non-playing genius, but that's okay. henrik's pads are pretty much at the league maximum. his strengths are moving side to side, and low shots because of that. he rarely challenges, and gets beat up high for most of his goals.

but i can understand why you are mad, being a rags fan and all. that must be why you're here, so you can at least be around people on a winning team

I'm not sure that is going to take effect this year. I read in some article that since they were going to make the equipment in relation to the body size of the goalie that it was going to take at least a year to develop. I hope we see change this year, but I don't know.

Yea it's complete bullcrap if we don't see changes this season. They can probably knock this out within a month if they were serious about it.

point out where anyone said anything about a thigh guard? i'm going to take a guess and assume you're a non-playing genius, but that's okay. henrik's pads are pretty much at the league maximum. his strengths are moving side to side, and low shots because of that. he rarely challenges, and gets beat up high for most of his goals.

but i can understand why you are mad, being a rags fan and all. that must be why you're here, so you can at least be around people on a winning team

Assume I'm a non-playing genius all you want, because you're wrong. I won't assume that you don't play the game (but if you play "deck" hockey, please...deck hockey is a joke) because that's just asinine.

You said it spot on: Henrik's pads are within league regulation . So if they were "too big" *gasp* they would be deemed illegal. Sadly that is not the case.

And who says I'm mad? I thought we had a pretty successful season and - truth be told - I very much enjoyed the majority of the regular season and particularly the first round of the playoffs.

I'm not entirely sure why the "bitterness." Because I wil be the first to admit the ranger's faults, your utter domination of us in the past, etc.

But when we "win" and you blame "the pads" of a goalie, that's just pathetic. Suck it up.

Assume I'm a non-playing genius all you want, because you're wrong. I won't assume that you don't play the game (but if you play "deck" hockey, please...deck hockey is a joke) because that's just asinine.

You said it spot on: Henrik's pads are within league regulation . So if they were "too big" *gasp* they would be deemed illegal. Sadly that is not the case.

And who says I'm mad? I thought we had a pretty successful season and - truth be told - I very much enjoyed the majority of the regular season and particularly the first round of the playoffs.

I'm not entirely sure why the "bitterness." Because I wil be the first to admit the ranger's faults, your utter domination of us in the past, etc.

But when we "win" and you blame "the pads" of a goalie, that's just pathetic. Suck it up.

well taking personal shots at each other's hockey status is dumb, since we don't know each other, so we should probably stop with that. there was no bitterness towards you, since i know you guys were better than us last season. i never said they were too big, i was stating that henrik's skill is mostly in his equipment. the smaller they make the league maximum, the worse he will become.

and just to start a fun argument, you guys didn't have a successful season. all that money, all those goal scorers, and the highest paid goaltender in the league ( :giggle:) ...and another 2nd round exit. have fun missing the playoffs this year, and if you somehow do slip in, you won't make it past the first round.

Obviously his pads are too big if they are taking steps once again to reduce pad size limits. Nobody argues the legality of his pads, it's the weak restrictions that people have a problem with.

well taking personal shots at each other's hockey status is dumb, since we don't know each other, so we should probably stop with that. there was no bitterness towards you, since i know you guys were better than us last season. i never said they were too big, i was stating that henrik's skill is mostly in his equipment. the smaller they make the league maximum, the worse he will become.

You're right. So let me sincerely say that I apologize for any personal jabs that I have taken. I'm sorry.

As for Henrik's skill in his equipment? I guess all I can do is wait for these "changes" to be made and hope for the best. Truth be told, it wouldn't surprise me if opposing rivals found some other excuse for his apparent lack of skill.

and just to start a fun argument, you guys didn't have a successful season. all that money, all those goal scorers, and the highest paid goaltender in the league ( :giggle:) ...and another 2nd round exit. have fun missing the playoffs this year, and if you somehow do slip in, you won't make it past the first round.

We shall see. Our chemistry was God awful last season, and personally I agree with didn't have a successful season with the money we spend. As for our goalie? Ah, he's doing just fine :P

Missing the playoffs? I love it! May I keep this this quote for the end of next season? Pretty please :dance:

...all in good fun, buddy.

Agreed. Also why the hell is a ranger fan in a DEVILS FORUM? :noclue: