2010 NBA Free Agency/Offseason Thread

DH26

15 members have voted

1. 1. What team will lebron james sign with?

• Knickerbockers
    • Nets/Russians
    • Cavs
    • Bulls
    • Mavs
    • Clipshow
    • Heat

So does anyone have any predictions in NBA free agency? They're all saying how LeBron will go somewhere depending on the owner but who really knows if that's true and if bosh will go with him?

Stephen A Smith said how lebron, wade and bosh were all going to go to miami, but nobody took it seriously no matter how loud he was ;)

I think he's going to the Bulls for Rose/Noah and bringing Bosh. But don't count out the Nets and Mavs since he really likes both their owners. He's meeting with the Nets first, who have Jay Z at their disposal.

So anyone have any thoughts on free agency, where anybody of any significance will go or just on the draft/offseason in general

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LeBron and Bosh to Chicago looks like it could happen. That be one scary team with a top 5 PG and Noah. I really don't see the Nets having much of a chance at LeBron. Wade has made it clear he wants to stay in Miami and has just been looking to recruit.

I think the Knicks are the team that will get screwed. Even if they get Amare and Johnson, that doesn't make them that good.

at least the knicks could make the playoffs :noclue: that way and basically be the 2006 suns without Nash, the MVP of that team. They'd be stuck with those max contracts and hope that they somehow luck into a great player somehow

at least the knicks could make the playoffs :noclue: that way and basically be the 2006 suns without Nash, the MVP of that team. They'd be stuck with those max contracts and hope that they somehow luck into a great player somehow

The 2006 Suns had not only the MVP of the league in Nash, but an all-star in Marion and a great supporting cast. The Knicks wouldn't have any of that.

The 2006 Suns had not only the MVP of the league in Nash, but an all-star in Marion and a great supporting cast. The Knicks wouldn't have any of that.

I just meant that they would be trying to resemble that without the most important part. You could probably find a poor man's Marion but without Nash, Joe Johnson could end up being the point guard, and the Knicks would probably be like an 8 seed or back in the lottery. It's pretty much get LeBron/Wade/Bosh or some combo of them or still be stuck in mediocrity

So LBJ, DWade and Bosh had a summit today to determine what to do. And this is after bosh said everyone was waiting for LeBron. Wade's probably trying to convince them to go to Miami. Joe Johnson, Amare and Dirk probably weren't a part just b/c they didn't know the others from the Olympics

Who I want him to sign with: NETS (obviously)

Who he will sign with: Cavs

He has everything he could ever need in Cleveland. Why leave? (not to mention they can give him the most money)

Is NBA free agency like the NHL where a ton of sh!t goes down right away or is it a long drawn out process?

By its nature it's a longer process, because while they can talk with teams and announce their plans, no player can officially sign with a team until July 8th.

I don't know whether this teams LeBron James and all them don't announce it until then (but I would imagine they do drag the process out a bit), but until a name's on the dotted line, there's always a chance things can change. So there's drama for at least a week.

Normally, in the NBA everyone waits until the marquee guy signs on the dotted line, and then there's a feeding frenzy.

Lebron will not wait very long to make a decision, per se, but he will meet with all teams during this week. Today is Knicks and Nets.

Once LeBron signs, the dominos will fall quickly.

Darko Milcic signs with the Timberwolves on a 4 year, $20 mil contract.

:blink:

:doh1:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In hockey terms, that's like signing 2010 John Madden to a 3 year, $9+ million contract because he wins faceoffs. Stupid money is being thrown around right now by just about everyone.

Edited by Hi, I'm VALUE!

Darko Milcic signs with the Timberwolves on a 4 year, $20 mil contract.

:blink:

:doh1:

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

In hockey terms, that's like signing 2010 John Madden to a 3 year, $9+ million contract because he wins faceoffs. Stupid money is being thrown around right now by just about everyone.

well no one ever called the T-Wolves smart. This is the same team that drafted Flynn and Rubio last year back to back

well no one ever called the T-Wolves smart. This is the same team that drafted Flynn and Rubio last year back to back

There's some pretty stupid money going around to everyone who's signed.

I'm hoping that the Knicks investment in Amare is a good investment, but with his history of knee trouble, if those flare up again it could be worse that the Curry deal.

Joe Johnson, if he takes the max, is not a max player. Playoff PER of 13.5, down from like 21ish IIRC in the regular season. Johnson is awesome for a team where regular season success is the first step, but that team will never win the NBA title with Johnson as your #1 guy.

Rudy Gay I don't know anything about, but it seems like he was slightly overpaid at 5/80mm

The Pierce and Nowitski deals seems to be fair market value, if not underpaying for what you get. But Dirk took less money so Dallas could get some more parts, and I'm not sure the details behind Pierce and whether he gave Boston a hometown discount for some reason.

good thing I don't really have a rooting interest in any of the team with cap room, bc the Bron bron/DWade/Bosh love triangle is really really annoying. I would say a sane person would just pick already, but considering who we're dealing with, I can't really be surprised.

oh and LeBron made a twitter (@kingjames), has over a hundred thousand followers and...wait for it... 0 tweets

Edited by DH26

Bosh and Wade to Miami...sons of bitches can't see Chicago is superior? - _ - the Heat can't even fill up a section and hardly have a team. Those two players + Michael Beasley ARE the Miami Heat. Lol.

Edited by TheMazz

Heat will give Magic some competion in that divison. I still think they're a piece or two away from competing for an NBA title. I'm also wondering how much longer I will have to wait until my Knicks are comepeting for one. Thank God for the Devils, otherwise it would be a long winter for me.

Mike