2010 NBA Free Agency/Offseason Thread

DH26

15 members have voted

1. 1. What team will lebron james sign with?

• Knickerbockers
    • Nets/Russians
    • Cavs
    • Bulls
    • Mavs
    • Clipshow
    • Heat

Cleveland now has an f-ton of cap space to try and get someone...anyone...to come in and play. Their ceiling now has to be 30 games and a lottery pick if they fail to do so, and that city now has yet another kick to the balls of sports. Miami and Orlando now become your top two teams in the East, with Boston chipping in there depending on guts, heart, coaching, and how soon Perkins can come back.

If I'm Boston, Perkins is out for a while, and Wallace retires, I have to look at a Shaq-type player to play tough physical minutes. Shaq can single-cover Howard. I just don't know if even Boston has the firepower to stop Miami in a 7 game series.

Chicago, Milwaukee, and Atlanta are pretty much the second tier. Everything after that is wide open and depends on a lot of x-factors going through. But the teams that get rolled by the Florida teams are pretty much up in the air. Cleveland is out, Toronto is out, Indiana still sucks, and I think Washington is maybe one year away depending on how good Wall really is and what return you get from trading Arenas. The last two playoff spots will come down to the Knicks, Nets, Pistons, Sixers, and Bobcats, but you might as well pick it out of a hat, since they'll be out within four-six playoff games anyway.

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

LOL this is all so fun to just watch..... Check out this letter the Cavs' owner just sent out:

Dear Cleveland, All Of Northeast Ohio and Cleveland Cavaliers Supporters Wherever You May Be Tonight;

As you now know, our former hero, who grew up in the very region that he deserted this evening, is no longer a Cleveland Cavalier.

This was announced with a several day, narcissistic, self-promotional build-up culminating with a national TV special of his "decision" unlike anything ever "witnessed" in the history of sports and probably the history of entertainment.

Clearly, this is bitterly disappointing to all of us.

The good news is that the ownership team and the rest of the hard-working, loyal, and driven staff over here at your hometown Cavaliers have not betrayed you nor NEVER will betray you.

There is so much more to tell you about the events of the recent past and our more than exciting future. Over the next several days and weeks, we will be communicating much of that to you.

You simply don't deserve this kind of cowardly betrayal.

You have given so much and deserve so much more.

In the meantime, I want to make one statement to you tonight:

"I PERSONALLY GUARANTEE THAT THE CLEVELAND CAVALIERS WILL WIN AN NBA CHAMPIONSHIP BEFORE THE SELF-TITLED FORMER ‘KING’ WINS ONE"

You can take it to the bank.

If you thought we were motivated before tonight to bring the hardware to Cleveland, I can tell you that this shameful display of selfishness and betrayal by one of our very own has shifted our "motivation" to previously unknown and previously never experienced levels.

Some people think they should go to heaven but NOT have to die to get there.

Sorry, but that's simply not how it works.

This shocking act of disloyalty from our home grown "chosen one" sends the exact opposite lesson of what we would want our children to learn. And "who" we would want them to grow-up to become.

But the good news is that this heartless and callous action can only serve as the antidote to the so-called "curse" on Cleveland, Ohio.

The self-declared former "King" will be taking the "curse" with him down south. And until he does "right" by Cleveland and Ohio, James (and the town where he plays) will unfortunately own this dreaded spell and bad karma.

Just watch.

Sleep well, Cleveland.

Tomorrow is a new and much brighter day....

I PROMISE you that our energy, focus, capital, knowledge and experience will be directed at one thing and one thing only:

DELIVERING YOU the championship you have long deserved and is long overdue....

Dan Gilbert

Majority Owner

Cleveland Cavaliers

http://www.nba.com/cavaliers/news/gilbert_letter_100708.html

Crazy..

Edited by nmigliore

LeBron James is an a$$hole. Sry, thought I'd drop in and say that. He gave up on that city. And of course he couldn't do it quietly. He had to drag Cleveland fans through the mud, while they waited on him. And he dragged them with him as went on National TV to publicly humiliate the City.

But thank you Lebron. The NBA is now a joke forever. The fake cap has made things stupid but now that teams can't even keep their own players and one team can sign 3 superstars in one offseason, the league is now 100 percent a joke.

PS: Can the man stop referring to himself in the 3rd person?

I wake up this morning with a bitter taste in my mouth.

I feel like this was a setup since 2008, and everyone but Miami got fvcked because of it.

I'm willing to bet Dan Gilbert's letter is spot-on for how the city of Cleveland feels. News12 was showing fans burning KingJames jersies overnight, which kinda supports that kind of angst.

Gilbert's got a set of nuts, but I have no idea where he's going to get the talent to win an NBA Titlein the next two to three years, which is the long-end on how long Miami will take to win the title. That team is Mo Williams, a decent #2, and a bunch of role players and ass.

LOL this is all so fun to just watch..... Check out this letter the Cavs' owner just sent out:

http://www.nba.com/c...ter_100708.html

Crazy..

I could really feel the rage oozing off of that letter.

I can't imagine how small Cleveland sports fans must feel today. Maybe they will band together even stronger than before, when all is said and done.

In some crazy way -- and I realize their situations are light years apart -- it makes me admire a guy like Ken Danyeko that much more. Even though he wasn't born here, he usually sticks up for New Jersey wherever and whenever he can. Whereas Lebron was born in Ohio, was treated like gold there, and still decided to leave.

lebron-gonejpg-d7728841873976bb_large.jpg

That's classic.

Edited by 95Crash

• 2 weeks later...