Verizon Tower

trailblazer

Yeah I figured it was due to the fire and I do not think those things are easy to replace, so if one is on the way it might take a while. I did notice a lack of Verizon sponsorship at the arena this year. Is the stand downstairs where Verizon used to be (by the Verizon Tower) still there? It is the area where you do the game day rant thing. If Verizon is still doing it, then most likely the screen is just being replaced or something.

Yeah I figured it was due to the fire and I do not think those things are easy to replace, so if one is on the way it might take a while. I did notice a lack of Verizon sponsorship at the arena this year. Is the stand downstairs where Verizon used to be (by the Verizon Tower) still there? It is the area where you do the game day rant thing. If Verizon is still doing it, then most likely the screen is just being replaced or something.

The Verizon logo outside the entrance is gone as well as all the cell phones in the area where they did the rant.

Anyone else notice that Verizon pulled their sponsorship.

That huge cylinder LCD screen hanging in the tower is gone and the cell phone/netbook display area is gone.

I would have thought a sponsorship contract would have been longer than 3 years.

Anyone know what happened?

I had to meet up with my friend outside the arena before opening night. We were both on the phone trying to find one another. I kept telling him that I was near FanFest right outside the Verizon Tower. He said he couldn't see any Verizon Tower, so I screamed into the phone, THE BIG FREAKING TOWER ON THE CORNER OF THE ARENA THAT SAYS VERIZON ON IT JACKASS. When we finally met up, he pointed at the tower. I was quite surprised it said PNC Bank. Oh well.

I had to meet up with my friend outside the arena before opening night. We were both on the phone trying to find one another. I kept telling him that I was near FanFest right outside the Verizon Tower. He said he couldn't see any Verizon Tower, so I screamed into the phone, THE BIG FREAKING TOWER ON THE CORNER OF THE ARENA THAT SAYS VERIZON ON IT JACKASS. When we finally met up, he pointed at the tower. I was quite surprised it said PNC Bank. Oh well.

That tower you were at was always the PNC tower. Verizon was on the other side by the skating rink

the restaurant has a sponsor now, Mr. I Have Problems With Everything Devils Related

The hell are you talking about? Wow, I guess having a sponsor for the already $275 per seat restaurant that appears to be almost completely empty during the game is totally worth it. Yup, Verizon is not needed who provided sponsorship to a lot of things at the arena including free giveaways to everyone.

Ya well from what I remember from a friend at the arena there was a dispute but I don't know the detials. Given that lack of a presence of Verizon in the building I'm willing to bet Verizon and the devs got into a fight over who was responsible for the fire or some junk like that. Net result, need a new sponsor!

Ya well from what I remember from a friend at the arena there was a dispute but I don't know the detials. Given that lack of a presence of Verizon in the building I'm willing to bet Verizon and the devs got into a fight over who was responsible for the fire or some junk like that. Net result, need a new sponsor!

Problem is getting a new sponsor in this economy. Verizon is not some small company, and it will not be easy to replace them.

If the spat was over who should pay for the new signage, then the Devils should have at least given in to keep a large sponsor. In the long-term it is in the best interest for them and they could have taken that money from the rent money that was not paid to Newark.

Problem is getting a new sponsor in this economy. Verizon is not some small company, and it will not be easy to replace them.

If the spat was over who should pay for the new signage, then the Devils should have at least given in to keep a large sponsor. In the long-term it is in the best interest for them and they could have taken that money from the rent money that was not paid to Newark.

Usually, how it works is, the company (Verizon for this example) pays an exorbitant amount of money to the Devils to have their name splattered all over the place. Therefore, the LCD screen may have been part of this agreement with the Devils. It's like, "Hey, Verizon, I'll get your name in big lights outside the arena, just pay us an additional 50K a month for that"...

As I see it, the Devils may be totally responsible for replacing this screen, after all, they operate it. If you can't replace the screen, then I won't pay you what I owe you for the sponsorship. Simple as that.

Or, perhaps Verizon competes directly with Vonage, a huge sponsor of the NJ Nets, and since these schleps are moving into our building, Verizon had to go.

Usually, how it works is, the company (Verizon for this example) pays an exorbitant amount of money to the Devils to have their name splattered all over the place. Therefore, the LCD screen may have been part of this agreement with the Devils. It's like, "Hey, Verizon, I'll get your name in big lights outside the arena, just pay us an additional 50K a month for that"...

As I see it, the Devils may be totally responsible for replacing this screen, after all, they operate it. If you can't replace the screen, then I won't pay you what I owe you for the sponsorship. Simple as that.

Or, perhaps Verizon competes directly with Vonage, a huge sponsor of the NJ Nets, and since these schleps are moving into our building, Verizon had to go.

I agree, if the screen was the reason for why Verizon pulled their sponsorship, then the Devils should have paid.

I agree, if the screen was the reason for why Verizon pulled their sponsorship, then the Devils should have paid.

The Devils don't even pay their taxes, a legal obligation, why would they pay for the screen? haha.. Kovy better watch out or we won't pay him either

I think sponsors usually pay the team, not have the team pay to put up the sponsor's logo. At this point, they should just hang up a picture of a big cat and put "ME" on it, because if you don't chew Big Red... then (bleep) you.

Edited by manbearpig

I think sponsors usually pay the team, not have the team pay to put up the sponsor's logo. At this point, they should just hang up a picture of a big cat and put "ME" on it, because if you don't chew Big Red... then (bleep) you.

But the thing caught on fire. That is not their fault and I have seen that screen on during the late hours of the night when nothing is going on at the rock.