GDT SCF GAME 1: NEW JERSEY DEVILS VS. KINGS

ZeroGravityFat

Too funny. Well, he is indeed a hard hitter...or has become a hard hitter.

That's one of the main reasons I like him. I love guys who play on the edge like that. Guys who show no remorse and just play the game hard. I'd take 20 Dustin Browns on my team any day.

What happened with the crowd in game 1? TSN Panel was saying how dead it was during pregame and when the puck dropped, and it sounded that way on TV as well. Nothing compared to every other game in the playoffs. They quoted unnamed players that couldn't believe how flat it was. I guess the players were too.

Hope game 2 is better.

I think the crowd was ready, and positive during the pregame...but the first two periods were a clusterfvck with general sloppiness all over and an early LA goal, it certainly wasn't as electric as all the games we got out to 2-0, 3-0 starts but that's normal.

I think the crowd was ready, and positive during the pregame...but the first two periods were a clusterfvck with general sloppiness all over and an early LA goal, it certainly wasn't as electric as all the games we got out to 2-0, 3-0 starts but that's normal.

Well, they said they noticed it from the pregame. It was a bad beginning, but this is the Finals. The crowd has to be a source of energy regardless how the team is. And I thought they were like that all playoffs right from puck drop with huge chants even against Florida. Oh well.

What happened with the crowd in game 1? TSN Panel was saying how dead it was during pregame and when the puck dropped, and it sounded that way on TV as well. Nothing compared to every other game in the playoffs. They quoted unnamed players that couldn't believe how flat it was. I guess the players were too.

Hope game 2 is better.

Well, they said they noticed it from the pregame. It was a bad beginning, but this is the Finals. The crowd has to be a source of energy regardless how the team is. And I thought they were like that all playoffs right from puck drop with huge chants even against Florida. Oh well.

Watching it on TV, I thought the same thing. Something was missing. I wonder if this had anything to do with it:

Non-game question. Where was the usual pre-game pomp? Do they not do that anymore.... I was looking forward to individual player intros, lasers, lights, flames coming out of gantries, etc. It was pretty much the same thing as usual.

I could hardly hear the crowd either - I assumed it was an NBC thing, because I don't see why our crowd would be so incredibly quiet to start the game considering how great it's been all throughout the playoffs up to that point.

IVE BEEN SAYING FROM THE START THAT NBC HASN'T BEEN MIKING OUR CROWDS WELL AT ALL.

Game 1 was rocking, just like every other game so far at the rock.